Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

BYU and BSU are the 3rd most national televised teams is west

OK SDSU fans, here it is.....Boise fans are jealous of your program.  Your hoops program.   We have zero thoughts of your football program and if we lose to you it's because we screwed up.  Just like when you lose to us in hoops.

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

OK SDSU fans, here it is.....Boise fans are jealous of your program.  Your hoops program.   We have zero thoughts of your football program and if we lose to you it's because we screwed up.  Just like when you lose to us in hoops.

Does it upset you that you're .500 in football against the best basketball team in the MW?

5 hours ago, AztecSU said:

ESPN can't though because someone already paid for that right. 

Are you under the impression that espn wasn’t allowed to bid more money to insure they could show practically every suds football game?  Espn doesn’t care about suds, if they did they would pay. Just like Fox doesn’t care during this new contract. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Hawaii could have every home game on national tv given our time slot.  

issues:

- we don’t make anymore money from national tv due to our PPV and arrangement with the Conference

- we are trying to protect the attendance sales; however, can’t seem to figure out the decline which fell off a cliff during Chow (2012-2015; particularly 2014 the tipping point).  National TV games are not blacked out locally. 

- some higher cost of production in the Islands; however, not sure how much more that if the network leaves their equipment in hawaii for a 5-6 game tv season. 

more or less I think national tv is way better for the program.  We seem to try to protect what little we have.  

20 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Between the blue field and defensive ‘battles’  I’m not sure that Boise is made for tv.  

I bet you’re overjoyed that Waffle House has opened back up!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 hours ago, boisewitha-s said:

Are you under the impression that espn wasn’t allowed to bid more money to insure they could show practically every suds football game?  Espn doesn’t care about suds, if they did they would pay. Just like Fox doesn’t care during this new contract. 

Clearly ESPN didn't bid enough to keep Boise games in the fold. Hmmm.

6 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Clearly ESPN didn't bid enough to keep Boise games in the fold. Hmmm.

Fox stepped up and wanted bsu games, nothing wrong with that. Suds will make more money from tv than they ever have thanks again to bsu. You’re welcome. 

3 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Fox stepped up and wanted bsu games, nothing wrong with that. Suds will make more money from tv than they ever have thanks again to bsu. You’re welcome. 

You're deal is separate actually, try and keep up. The other MW schools more than tripled their last deal, meanwhile Boise still gonna make less than every FB school in the AAC. Oops. 

4 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

You're deal is separate actually, try and keep up. The other MW schools more than tripled their last deal, meanwhile Boise still gonna make less than every FB school in the AAC. Oops. 

Lol. So much wrong with this I won’t even try.  Can’t fix stupid

Just now, boisewitha-s said:

Lol. So much wrong with this I won’t even try.  Can’t fix stupid

Because you realized I'm right and now have nothing to say, good for you.

On 6/8/2020 at 8:06 PM, 415hawaiiboy said:

Hawaii could have every home game on national tv given our time slot.  

issues:

- we don’t make anymore money from national tv due to our PPV and arrangement with the Conference

- we are trying to protect the attendance sales; however, can’t seem to figure out the decline which fell off a cliff during Chow (2012-2015; particularly 2014 the tipping point).  National TV games are not blacked out locally. 

- some higher cost of production in the Islands; however, not sure how much more that if the network leaves their equipment in hawaii for a 5-6 game tv season. 

more or less I think national tv is way better for the program.  We seem to try to protect what little we have.  

Well when you figure out the attendance slide Fix. let everyone know because it’s the entire west coast not just Hawaii. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

11 hours ago, robe said:

Well when you figure out the attendance slide Fix. let everyone know because it’s the entire west coast not just Hawaii. 

We try.  One forward indicator is FB/IG, just not seeing a lot of awareness or care beyond the hardcore, measured by likes on my general news feed.  But also tells me younger fans are not being created.  Even they don’t watch tv anymore.  Maybe not even Sportscenter (a show you have to wait to watch highlights of a game while watching highlights of other games you don’t care about?)

I see a rise in UFC same time fall in college football.  However wouldn’t be right to equate the two (causation).  

Back to national tv, if you can’t go as deep into your market, then go broad and find those sportsnuts where they live.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:33 AM, Ibanez said:

What would an AAC fan know about defense? 

I guess I should have spelled it out for you better.   The quotated ‘battle’ word indicates it’s not really a battle, but more of a reference to offensive ineptitude that is relegated to defensive topics for lack of substance.  It’s an inference in the English language that probably isn’t taught in ‘how to shift gears’ or ‘how to change tires’ classes at Boise state.  

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Where is UCF on this list? Are you telling me the fine folks in Orlando are enjoying watching Boise State on their beach front property and not AAC football? Looks like it. BYU and Boise State are just on another level. But then again, why would someone watch UCF when Florida, FSU, and Miami are on? You guys aren't even the biggest game on your own campus. 

What list are you talking about? Offensively UCF’s near the top in every category obviously. Defensively not as good but not bad either-near the top in takeaways last season.  Timely defenders.  

I don’t get your next question; no, nobody is watching Boise in Florida.. few are watching Boise out west much less East coast.  You need to update your knowledge on Florida football viewership. UCF has been a bigger draw than Miami for a while now.  UCF is FIRMLY third in the state in overall popularity. Your trash talk needs modernization.  Yes, UF still draws more viewers in metro Orlando but when UCF has had network games they’ve had higher viewership in comparison. The gap is closing.  FSU hasn’t been #2 in the market for nearly a decade now.   It makes sense that the teams that get network have higher viewership.  You can’t argue that the tides aren’t turning though.  Besides, second best in Orlando is still really good-UCF draws more viewership than most P5 teams and it’s actually growing unlike most schools.  You’re just on the losing side of this one.

By the way I made it to campus from the Cape in 32 minutes last time-less time than it takes to cross desolation from Boise state to the Air Force base.  Not bad, certainly nice to have it so close when I visit! See you next fall. Bring sunscreen and a hat.  

13 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I guess I should have spelled it out for you better.   The quotated ‘battle’ word indicates it’s not really a battle, but more of a reference to offensive ineptitude that is relegated to defensive topics for lack of substance.  It’s an inference in the English language that probably isn’t taught in ‘how to shift gears’ or ‘how to change tires’ classes at Boise state.  

Defense is the reason no football fan considers any UCF team ever to be on par with the Utah, Boise and TCU teams that played in the BCS games (a far bigger accomplishment than NY6).  They would have not been able to score 20 points on those teams and could not have held them under 50.  Fact.