Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akkula

Kaepernick/Blacklash

On 6/4/2020 at 2:27 PM, NVGiant said:

The negative reaction to Kap's protest will forever be more unAmerican than anything he ever did. 

My initial reaction to Kaepernick's protest was jaded.  I did not feel it was sincere and only being done because he got benched.

4 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Kap didn’t get benched so there’s that.

https://apple.news/AwPIGKlJ0QB2XJLxsBwYmsQ

He lost the the starting job.  What do you call that?  It seemed he was just pouting at first.  Clearly that was a wrong assumption, or rather to bold of one.  But, it seemed he was trying to turn his pouting into something other than...pouting.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He lost the the starting job.  What do you call that?  It seemed he was just pouting at first.  Clearly that was a wrong assumption, or rather to bold of one.  But, it seemed he was trying to turn his pouting into something other than...pouting.

He lost the starting job because he had been playing injured...for quite a while. By the time he was healthy, the 49ers didn't want to play him for fear of injury because that would have locked them into his contract. I forget the details but somehow, pending his opt out, the 49ers put him back in the lineup and he preformed well, on a really shitty team. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14001/colin-kaepernick

56 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No. You’re not right. You’re hate for him is making you write dumb things. 

Just now, NevadaFan said:

I have expressed no hate for him here.  He lost the starting job.  Stating that fact is in no way hateful.  Stating he seemed to be pouting more than making a stand may have been wrong, that was it it looked like when it first started.  

Kaepernick was the best college football player I have ever seen Boise play against and the 2010 Nevada team was one of the three best teams Boise has ever played.  More talented and better coached than the teams Boise beat that put us on the map.  Only behind the two great TCU teams IMHO.

4 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I can vouch for @halfmanhalfbronco. He and I were DM:ing back then and his thoughts were it had more to the benching than anything. HMHB is about the furthest from being a bigot that one can get. For myself, I was rolling my eyes at how thin skinned people were throwing shitfits over Kap kneeling. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I can vouch for @halfmanhalfbronco. He and I were DM:ing back then and his thoughts were it had more to the benching than anything. HMHB is about the furthest from being a bigot that one can get. For myself, I was rolling my eyes at how thin skinned people were throwing shitfits over Kap kneeling. 

I mean shit, I just said my assumption was wrong but that was where I was at when it first started.  Not sure what else I can do but say "I was wrong".  Kaepernick made me hold my breath every time he had the ball in his hands.  He had a touch of magic about him.  Once in a generation player, just like Kellen.  We were very blessed and lucky to watch those two go at it.  I think only Nevada and Boise fans understand the level of excellence we put on the field in 2010.  That game was every bit as good as any game played by P5 programs that year.  Every bit.  Just a ridiculous amount of talent for two non BCS teams and I have never seen a team just battle and lay so much out on the field as Nevada did that night.  That team was every bit the equal of Boise and TCU that year and IMHO one of the 10 best teams in the Nation.

33 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

How much he paying you 

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My initial reaction to Kaepernick's protest was jaded.  I did not feel it was sincere and only being done because he got benched.

I get that, and though I vehemently disagree with that interpretation of his motives, I don’t think that was particularly harmful or Un-American. I’m more talking the love-it-our-leave-it crowd that scared the shit out of the NFL enough that the league betrayed its own model of meritocracy.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I mean shit, I just said my assumption was wrong but that was where I was at when it first started.  Not sure what else I can do but say "I was wrong".  Kaepernick made me hold my breath every time he had the ball in his hands.  He had a touch of magic about him.  Once in a generation player, just like Kellen.  We were very blessed and lucky to watch those two go at it.  I think only Nevada and Boise fans understand the level of excellence we put on the field in 2010.  That game was every bit as good as any game played by P5 programs that year.  Every bit.  Just a ridiculous amount of talent for two non BCS teams and I have never seen a team just battle and lay so much out on the field as Nevada did that night.  That team was every bit the equal of Boise and TCU that year and IMHO one of the 10 best teams in the Nation.

My favorite statistic is that there were more future NFL players on the field that night at Mackay than would play a month later in the NC game between Auburn-Oregon.

10 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

My favorite statistic is that there were more future NFL players on the field that night at Mackay than would play a month later in the NC game between Auburn-Oregon.

It was a Goliath Vs Goliath match up.  If Nevada did not have an island moment, and we all know how those can go, they might have gone down as the best non BCS team of all time.  Just an unreal QB, a fantastic RB, and explosive, fast guys on defense.  That Nevada team was way better than AAC champ VT or SEC East Champ Georgia.  Not even close, either.

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I have expressed no hate for him here.  He lost the starting job.  Stating that fact is in no way hateful.  Stating he seemed to be pouting more than making a stand may have been wrong, that was it it looked like when it first started.  

I appreciate that you’re being cordial. But he didn’t “lose” his job. He was blackballed from his job. Difference. 

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I appreciate that you’re being cordial. But he didn’t “lose” his job. He was blackballed from his job. Difference. 

It seems we are arguing about something that is not relevant at this point.  I admitted my initial interpretation of his intentions was wrong and have owned that on this board.  I remember him losing the starting job prior to his protest.  I remember it being announced leading up to the game in which he sat.  It being such a big deal that he lost his job, I came to a conclusion he was sitting because he was pissed off at this current situation on the team.  Not sure why you are intent on busting my balls when I am trying to earnestly express the faults in my viewpoint.  I could have sworn he lost the starting job, but you probably followed it closer than I did.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It seems we are arguing about something that is not relevant at this point.  I admitted my initial interpretation of his intentions was wrong and have owned that on this board.  I remember him losing the starting job prior to his protest.  I remember it being announced leading up to the game in which he sat.  It being such a big deal that he lost his job, I came to a conclusion he was sitting because he was pissed off at this current situation on the team.  Not sure why you are intent on busting my balls when I am trying to earnestly express the faults in my viewpoint.  I could have sworn he lost the starting job, but you probably followed it closer than I did.

I am busting your balls because this is a good person. He is worth defending. 

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

I am busting your balls because this is a good person. He is worth defending. 

It seems silly to defend whether or not he lost the starting job prior to the preseason game in which he sat.  Seems nit picky and missing the bigger picture.  

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Like they say he’s probably making out like a bandit being a SJW. More than he would make playing football. 

In this sentence you’ll find the answer to your question about why cities continually vote for one party. One party overwhelmingly pays only lip service to fix institutional racism, the other overwhelmingly refuses to admit there is a problem at all and mocks those who take the issue seriously.

It’s a shitty choice, but an obvious one. At least one you have a chance to shame into doing the right thing.