Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

2021 MWC Softball Thread

Boise State lost three of their five 2020 pitchers as their # 1 pitcher, Kelsey Broadus, grad transferred to Texas A & M and the # 2 pitcher for 2020, Micaela Leal, chose not to return (apparently) for the 2021 season.  And seldom used Veronica Lynch also chose not to return.  In fact only one of the seven Seniors on the 2020 Boise State softball team chose to return for 2021.  Namely starting Shortstop Karlee Johnson.

To replace the three departing pitchers - Boise State signed two VERY impressive freshmen pitchers in nationally ranked (# 19) Taylor Caudill out of Mission Viejo, CA., and Grace Kimball out of Portland, OR.  And in addition to those two incoming freshmen pitchers Boise State just announced the addition of 2 transfer pitchers who will be on the Boise State roster for the 2021 season.   One comes to Boise State as the 2020 # 1 pitcher for Creighton University (Kiele Miller) and the other is transferring to Boise State from Towson University (Sara Johnson).  Miller will have two years of eligibility remaining and Johnson has three years of eligibility remaining.

https://broncosports.com/news/2020/6/3/softball-huffaker-announces-the-addition-of-pitchers-miller-and-johnson-to-2021-roster.aspx

Rutgers is enduring some things re softball.  What else is new at Rutgers?  The HC and her hubby being too over the top re training and discipline.  B1G demands in Jersey I suppose. Lols. (However from what I understand in Jersey culture as a society..it's like every day).  The State University of New Jersey aka Rutgers.

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

4 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Did you used to post on Robocoach, 7454?

Did Sharta softball ever get dugouts or stands for their field?

IMG_20180427_134949.jpg

Looks like a local city softball field. 

13 hours ago, Coog kev said:

Rutgers is enduring some things re softball.  What else is new at Rutgers?  The HC and her hubby being too over the top re training and discipline.  B1G demands in Jersey I suppose. Lols. (However from what I understand in Jersey culture as a society..it's like every day).  The State University of New Jersey aka Rutgers.

Last I checked RUTGERS is NOT in the Mountain West Conference.  So I have to truly wonder what possessed you to post this here in this thread.

14 hours ago, Cincy said:

IMG_20180427_134949.jpg

Who cares? Instead of losing $2m per year on softball they lose $1m. And they still educate the same number of players per year that any other program in the MWC. 

4 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Who cares? Instead of losing $2m per year on softball they lose $1m. And they still educate the same number of players per year that any other program in the MWC. 

Who cares?  SJSU softball fans like Maytard care. They want permanent seating like a lot of high school softball programs have. They want dugouts with some permanent covering for shade like a lot of high school programs have. 

Is it really too much to ask that the players who are getting educated have some shade during the game? I don’t. 

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

Who cares?  SJSU softball fans like Maytard care. They want permanent seating like a lot of high school softball programs have. They want dugouts with some permanent covering for shade like a lot of high school programs have. 

Is it really too much to ask that the players who are getting educated have some shade during the game? I don’t. 

Well of course. I’d rather drive a Ferrari than a Ford. But if the option is San Jose fields a team or it doesn’t, I’m pretty sure they’d forgo field upgrades to play.

I think some on this board can seem to connect dots. They bitch about universities cutting sports but are silent when they spend $$ they don’t have. If it’s not in the budget this year, who gives a flying F?

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Well of course. I’d rather drive a Ferrari than a Ford. But if the option is San Jose fields a team or it doesn’t, I’m pretty sure they’d forgo field upgrades to play.

I think some on this board can seem to connect dots. They bitch about universities cutting sports but are silent when they spend $$ they don’t have. If it’s not in the budget this year, who gives a flying F?

TFSUFAN just lashing out at SJSU. 

Get their ass kicked in football, go for the low hanging fruit of women's softball. :shrug:

19 hours ago, Cincy said:

IMG_20180427_134949.jpg

Quit acting like you and Alan don't stalk all of our homer boards cincy. I've posted extensively about this subject.

And besides, we already have a pretty nice stadium to call our own #3straight #paintMWDblue

_K_32578.jpg?width=600&height=360&mode=c

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Get their ass kicked in football, go for the low hanging fruit of women's softball. :shrug:

Win a championship some time and then you can talk shyt. :shrug:

57 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Quit acting like you and Alan don't stalk all of our homer boards cincy. I've posted extensively about this subject.

And besides, we already have a pretty nice stadium to call our own #3straight #paintMWDblue

Maytard, how much could a tarp over SJSU’s “dugouts” really cost to give those poor girls some shade? 

You spend more money on fast food in 3 days than what a tarp would cost. Buy those poor girls some shade. 

And yes, this is what a real sports facility looks like. Sharta has JC/High School facilitates for their athletes unfortunately. 

54 minutes ago, renoskier said:
3 hours ago, renoskier said:

Makes as much sense as you trolling about softball.

Football dummy. Straight from your post. 
Show us the championship football pic?

If I had known that starting this thread here would result in a battle of wits between witless opponents - mixed in with third graders - I absolutely wouldn't have bothered.  Why don't you juvenile types start your own thread here and take your childish remarks there.   I will assure you I won't hi-jack your thread and interject it with posts based on facts and or news.

On 6/4/2020 at 6:08 AM, Bronco7454 said:

Last I checked RUTGERS is NOT in the Mountain West Conference.  So I have to truly wonder what possessed you to post this here in this thread.

Much like the MW baseball threads posted.  Fans of non-MW teams post stuff there and add to the discussion.  Coog fan merely wanted to contribute something here that was softball related. 

7 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Much like the MW baseball threads posted.  Fans of non-MW teams post stuff there and add to the discussion.  Coog fan merely wanted to contribute something here that was softball related. 

It gets old btw. I don’t care about the AAC. Or the Big West. Or BYU.