Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Poll: Who will you be voting for in November?

2020 Election  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for in November?

• Biden
    • Trump
    • 3rd Party - Other
    • Not Voting
    • Jo Jorgensen

Talking about voter fraud.  I wonder if not marking your ballot at all for President allows some partisan hack to vote in your place by marking it for you.   Those choosing not voting might want to consider that if you in fact submit a ballot.   

in fact this poll is a bit problematic as “other” isn’t on the ballot and not voting just let’s someone else mark it for you.   

I believe a strong candidate to help repair the Republican Party in 2024 would be Chris Sununu, governor of New Hampshire. He’s a smart MIT grad, articulate, moderate in governance, and one of the highest approval ratings in the country. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 6/3/2020 at 11:29 AM, happycamper said:

I honestly don't know yet. 

This is me. I am torn between voting libertarian or voting Biden. I'm no fan of Biden, and I'm pretty much libertarian down the line of every issue. But I am increasingly thinking that a second Trump term is going to be such bad news. I just really don't know how we fare as a country with four more years of a toxic agent of chaos in the presidency. Since I'm in California, my vote doesn't matter... but if Trump pulls off a victory, it will almost certainly be an electoral college victory with the popular vote going to Biden. And the bigger the popular vote gap, the bigger the demonstration that he lacks popular support despite a technical win. Also, I fear the emerging populist right and so-called "common-good conservatism" more than I fear the progressive left. And I do fear the progressive left in a lot of ways. 

That's where I am today. It could change. So I couldn't pick one in good faith at this point.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

42 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

This is me. I am torn between voting libertarian or voting Biden. I'm no fan of Biden, and I'm pretty much libertarian down the line of every issue. But I am increasingly thinking that a second Trump term is going to be such bad news. I just really don't know how we fare as a country with four more years of a toxic agent of chaos in the presidency. Since I'm in California, my vote doesn't matter... but if Trump pulls off a victory, it will almost certainly be an electoral college victory with the popular vote going to Biden. And the bigger the popular vote gap, the bigger the demonstration that he lacks popular support despite a technical win. Also, I fear the emerging populist right and so-called "common-good conservatism" more than I fear the progressive left. And I do fear the progressive left in a lot of ways. 

That's where I am today. It could change. So I couldn't pick one in good faith at this point.

I hemmed and hawed about selling out for Hillary all the way to election day in 2016 but I did. I think I think I literally sighed and literally held my nose when I pressed her name. Would do it again though, and will vote Biden. Hopefully the stakes will be lower next time and/or we have a candidate that we actually want to vote for. 

My Dad, who spent 30 years in the Air Force and always votes Republican, said his vote this year will be to get Trump out of office. He’s been pretty critical of Trump the past month or so, but I think the Mattis thing was the final straw.

7 minutes ago, RamSack said:

My Dad, who spent 30 years in the Air Force and always votes Republican, said his vote this year will be to get Trump out of office. He’s been pretty critical of Trump the past month or so, but I think the Mattis thing was the final straw.

How about this response to Mattis...  if every Republican doesn’t stand up to this shit in Congress they deserve to be voted out of office...

"The phony protesters near Lafayette were not peaceful and are not real," Dowd's letter claimed, without citing any evidence. "They are terrorists using idle hate filled students to burn and destroy. They were abusing and disrespecting the police when the police were preparing the area for the 1900 curfew."

14 minutes ago, RamSack said:

I have some family members who are ex-military and staunch Republicans , kept standing up for Trump....but since Mattis letter they have gone quiet. 

12 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I believe a strong candidate to help repair the Republican Party in 2024 would be Chris Sununu, governor of New Hampshire. He’s a smart MIT grad, articulate, moderate in governance, and one of the highest approval ratings in the country. 

No one gives a shit about Chris Sununu. You should stick to your bad idea suggestions for your own party. Nikki Haley will beat everyone in 2024, even any of the Trump kids. Then she’ll destroy Biden’s bad VP female pick and do 2 terms. Book it. 

kat.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

No one gives a shit about Chris Sununu. You should stick to your bad ideas hurting your own party. Nikki Haley will beat everyone in 2024, even any of the Trump kids. Then she’ll destroy Biden’s bad female pick for VP and do 2 terms. Book it. 

You think Trump is going to lose now?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

15 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

No one gives a shit about Chris Sununu. You should stick to your bad ideas hurting your own party. Nikki Haley will beat everyone in 2024, even any of the Trump kids. Then she’ll destroy Biden’s bad female pick for VP and do 2 terms. Book it. 

Nikki Haley is worth considering, Trump is an a constitutional threat as more than one senior officer has stated.   

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

How about this response to Mattis...  if every Republican doesn’t stand up to this shit in Congress they deserve to be voted out of office...

"The phony protesters near Lafayette were not peaceful and are not real," Dowd's letter claimed, without citing any evidence. "They are terrorists using idle hate filled students to burn and destroy. They were abusing and disrespecting the police when the police were preparing the area for the 1900 curfew."

He also said he’s going to vote against Cory Gardner because he won’t stand up to Trump even though he also hates Hickenlooper.

6 minutes ago, RamSack said:

He also said he’s going to vote against Cory Gardner because he won’t stand up to Trump even though he also hates Hickenlooper.

He sounds like an honorable man who puts country over teams and shit.  You are lucky to have him as a role model!