Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Mountain West Announces Cost Cutting Measures

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Not enough funds.  Baseball, damn.  

Big West style I guess (they don't have a baseball tourney either). I know this is COVID related but if we are only a one big league in baseball it is probably better just to take the regular season champ anyways.     

7 hours ago, brillio said:

Damn why couldn’t this change have happened the two years we won the regular season title and then sh*t the bed in the tournament. 

Nevada has done this once OR twice in the last 5 years no?

38 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Nevada has done this once OR twice in the last 5 years no?

The best team of the last 15 years was swept at home as tournament host. https://nevadawolfpack.com/news/2015/5/22/Wolf_Pack_bounced_from_MW_Championship_with_heartbreaking_loss.aspx

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Baseball is going to be weird with 8 teams.  Each team in conference will play either 12 home games and 9 away - or vice versa.

Would it be better to determine champion by a computer power rating, because schedule is could have a huge impact?

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Baseball is going to be weird with 8 teams.  Each team in conference will play either 12 home games and 9 away - or vice versa.

Would it be better to determine champion by a computer power rating, because schedule is could have a huge impact?

That is the biggest gripe I have with this.  Extremely unbalanced scheduling, someone can simply back in by playing anchors more than contenders.

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

That is the biggest gripe I have with this.  Extremely unbalanced scheduling, someone can simply back in by playing anchors more than contenders.

Yup- get four series at home against the good teams and three road series against the bottom 3 and you’re pretty much handed the title.