Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

MLK Quote on Riots

8 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Stop looting Targets 

Start rioting at the universities that robbed you blind. 

"I paid for some faculty lounge lizards teslas and retirements, and all they taught me was plantation gate keeping and gender dysphoria"

- everyone younger than 40

I'd make a comment about SJSU academics, but given how generally well educated the SJSU posters are except for you, I think it is pretty clear that this is a personal problem

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

16 hours ago, sean327 said:

Do you disagree that the police station was a legitimate target?

Yes. This is an outrageous statement.  This isn't war. There's no such thing as a "legitimate target". JFC. 

If it is war, then the rules of war should apply. The opposing force should be destroyed. At this point,  maybe that's what needs to happen.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Dr. Bernice King (MLK's youngest daughter) spoke this morning alongside Atlanta's mayor and others.

I've quoted part of what Dr. Bernice King said but the full statement is at the link near the bottom of that page.

"And if I might take one liberty to just say, I’ve obviously been in the place of the daughter of George. A six-year-old left without a daddy, who was killed senselessly, as my father was assassinated senselessly. It sent me on a journey of anger. And I fought that demon a long time. This is a moment where people are feeling a lot of stuff right now, and are fed up.

As I stand in this moment, and I look at my journey, I have to make an appeal to my brothers and sisters. Because I realized that the only way to get constructive change is through nonviolent means. You know, a lot of people have been using my father’s words. Sometimes I get a little upset when people do that and co-opt those words and take them out of context.....

But he said to us, “Riots are the language of the unheard.” And the part we often miss when people use it is the part about the “unheard.” This is a time when we all have to listen. We have to listen to the cries that are coming out of the hearts and the souls of my young brothers and sisters and all of the others that are in the streets of America right now, and in our city. .......We can’t keep doing things like we’ve been doing it. In this nation, we’ve got to deal with systemic racism and white supremacy once and for all. But the only pathway I know to do this is through nonviolent means. It is a proven method. It did not fail my father. As many people who think that it failed him, it did not fail him. Because one thing about it is when you really understand it and really practice it, it brings about the results.

And so I’m just speaking from my heart now in saying I feel you. Trust me, I feel you. I’ve been close to the edge this time. But I can’t go back to all that I felt inside and the rage that was inside that wanted me to destroy people and destroy lives, as Martin Luther King’s daughter. Because I know that the only way to get what we really want – and really get it and not just crumbs – is through nonviolence and peace."

http://www.wabe.org/read-remarks-from-mayor-bottoms-killer-mike-and-others-in-response-to-protests-turned-destructive/

21 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Start rioting at the universities that robbed you blind. 

"I paid for some faculty lounge lizards teslas and retirements, and all they taught me was plantation gate keeping and gender dysphoria"

- everyone younger than 40

I see that San Jose State University students were protesting last night. Hhhmmm. :hmmm:

As the night wound down, a smaller group of protesters — including a number of San Jose State University students — gathered downtown until around 11 p.m.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/29/protestors-gather-in-oakland-san-jose-to-decry-police-violence-george-floyds-death/

Hooray  for your side.  You GOT one!  Guess the score is 1-1 now, except your side is really ahead if you count destroyed property and ruined lives.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/30/federal-officer-fatally-shot-during-violent-protes/

@AztecSU @youngrebelfan40

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Yipee!  Hooray for team  @youngrebelfan40  @AztecSU   you got another one

How cool is this!  Cop in Minneapolis +++++s up Guy in Dallas gets beaten to death.  Man!  you guys are really scoring tonight...... YOU SICK FVCKS.

Let's ask @sean327  if this is a legitimate target.. Probably has a cousin who's a cop.... or something.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 5/29/2020 at 4:53 PM, #1Stunner said:

I don't disagree with you that the cops were outrageous, and should be charged with murder.

But committing felonies in response???.... some of these people might end up being cell-mates with the cops who did this.   Imagine that....

I don't think the court is going to ignore felonies, because they felt sympathetic that some people were mad.  Arson, Robbery, Burglary.  Larceny.   Those are all felony crimes, I believe.  These young people, caught up in the moment, are risking 20 year prison sentences. 

Might want to remember that a cop committing a felony in response to a suspected felony is even worse. Look, the point is, we’re fed up with unnecessary murdering of unarmed civilians. +++++, some of us are even fed up with unnecessary murdering of armed civilians. THE VERY FIRST THING A COP SHOULD DO IS ATTEMPT TO DEESCALATE A POTENTIALLY VIOLENT SITUATION and try to reach a peaceful detainment or arrest. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Hooray  for your side.  You GOT one!  Guess the score is 1-1 now, except your side is really ahead if you count destroyed property and ruined lives.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/may/30/federal-officer-fatally-shot-during-violent-protes/

@AztecSU @youngrebelfan40

So federal officers are now on "your side?"  How convenient after the criminal in chief and the cult have been degrading them for so long.

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Might want to remember that a cop committing a felony in response to a suspected felony is even worse. Look, the point is, we’re fed up with unnecessary murdering of unarmed civilians. +++++, some of us are even fed up with unnecessary murdering of armed civilians. THE VERY FIRST THING A COP SHOULD DO IS ATTEMPT TO DEESCALATE A POTENTIALLY VIOLENT SITUATION and try to reach a peaceful detainment or arrest. 

I completely agree it is worse for a cop to commit felonies.

I just don't think that committing felonies as s way to protest (or rather being opportunistic, and commiting felonies at all) is a good idea.

19 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Yipee!  Hooray for team  @youngrebelfan40  @AztecSU   you got another one

How cool is this!  Cop in Minneapolis +++++s up Guy in Dallas gets beaten to death.  Man!  you guys are really scoring tonight...... YOU SICK FVCKS.

Let's ask @sean327  if this is a legitimate target.. Probably has a cousin who's a cop.... or something.

My brother is actually a New Mexico State Trooper. He also agrees the police station was a legit target.