Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

This country has a serious problem that has to be addressed.

I brought this up in another thread but thought it deserves its own thread.

This country has a serious ugly discrimination issue. Now is the time for all ugly people to be heard and seen. We get paid less than good looking people and can’t get jobs that are reserved for good looking people like models, talk show host, tour guides, receptionist, commercial actors, beauty products spokes persons, poster board advertising persons, MWCBoard mods etc.  They are now forcing us to work from home to not be seen. I’ve had enough. I will now take off my mask and get out of the dark closet and smile at myself in the mirror. Now is the time all ugly people stand up and be seen.

Ugly life’s matter. Is beauty really skin deep? 

who’s with me?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Just heard a newscaster say the situation in Minnesota could get “Ugly”. I am offended, this needs to stop. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

As an ugly person I support this. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The best way to overcome being ugly is to get rich.

Now quit whining and pull yourself up by your ugly bootstraps and buy better looking bootstraps.

I haven’t shaved or gotten a haircut since March. It might be a cool look, except i can’t really grow a beard. Just sideburns, mustache, soul patch, and a stringy, patchy mess on my neck. My wife is trying to make me shave it, but she’ll have to back off when she founds out she’s violating my right to look like shit.

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

The best way to overcome being ugly is to get rich.

Now quit whining and pull yourself up by your ugly bootstraps and buy better looking bootstraps.

Ugly should not be a bad word.

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I haven’t shaved or gotten a haircut since March. It might be a cool look, except i can’t really grow a beard. Just sideburns, mustache, soul patch, and a stringy, patchy mess on my neck. My wife is trying to make me shave it, but she’ll have to back off when she founds out she’s violating my right to look like shit.

Americans spend billions a year to not look like you. I’m proud of you man for standIng up for your right to look ugly. 

4 hours ago, Warbow said:

This country has a serious ugly discrimination issue. Now is the time for all ugly people to be heard and seen. We get paid less than good looking people and can’t get jobs that are reserved for good looking people like models, talk show host, tour guides, receptionist, commercial actors, beauty products spokes persons, poster board advertising persons, MWCBoard mods etc.  They are now forcing us to work from home to not be seen. I’ve had enough. I will now take off my mask and get out of the dark closet and smile at myself in the mirror. Now is the time all ugly people stand up and be seen.

who’s with me?

Having never been in your shoes, it's hard to relate.  But I am sympathetic to your cause.  I do feel deeply for you ugly people and you can count on my support.

20 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Americans spend billions a year to not look like you. I’m proud of you man for standIng up for your right to look ugly. 

Just to be clear: the second my barber opens back up I will be forfeiting this right. Still, I sympathize with the cause.

9 hours ago, Warbow said:

who’s with me?

A guy I used to know that was high up in HR at a big company told me that when a hot sexy woman comes in to interview, they look at how she carries herself closely because they see these woman as sexual harassment lawsuit's waiting to happen. Obviously that's extremely unfair, but if she came in and wasn't dressed conservatively for the workplace, I could see their point. 

kat.jpg

This reminds me of a story:

The summer before my dads senior year of high school, he went on a cross-country road trip with some friends. He planned to be back just in time for the start of fall football practice. On the last night of the trip, one of his teammates called the motel they were staying at and told him, “hey man, coach is requiring everyone to come to practice on Monday with a buzz cut. He’ll send you home if you show up with long hair.” This was Southern California in the 70s, so my dad has been growing his long surfer locks for close to four years at this point. He knew his coach though, a former marine and notorious hard ass, had complained endlessly about the trend of men growing their hair long and had even blamed the teams failure in the playoffs the previous season on having a “team full of surfer boy pansies.”

My dad took the warning seriously, and on their way home the next day, he stopped by a barbershop and got himself a high and tight. It was devastating, but he didn’t want to lose his senior year over a hairstyle. He could always grow it back out after the season. 

When he arrived at practice the next day, he realized he’d been had. No such rule had been made. He was the only one with a short haircut. Everyone else was still sporting their long locks. 

Clearly, my dads rights had been violated. He should have sued. 

I cut my own hair. ...and realized. ..I can save myself 40 bucks (minus tips) a month. My coworkers asked " where the hell did you get your hair cut, everything's shut down "? My reply-I did it myself. 

An old dog can learn new tricks.:rotflmfao:

I once applied for a job as a underwear model and was told I was too revealing. Wtf, I think it was because they didn’t like my looks.