Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Second named storm of May in the Atlantic

6 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Hopefully that means our summer will be slightly cooler out here in the valley. 

image.png.72a27c9d070c4afaf0c7e76cddfc545a.png

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, RSF said:

image.png.72a27c9d070c4afaf0c7e76cddfc545a.png

El nino year?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

Not necessarily true, either. But I don't blame anyone for thinking so the way people are bombarded with climate change propaganda.

What if I am just basing my judgement over things I personally have observed? 

I think, therefore I'm.

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

Florida hits don't really count when measuring total activity, nor whether they hit CONUS or not. 

Seven of the last ten hurricane seasons have featured above normal or hyperactive activity, and 12 out of the last 20. Only three seasons have clocked in with near normal activity. 

Z4djuSm.png

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

lol. OK. So the country that has bar none the best continuous weather record on earth doesn't count? Do you want to post a graph that has headings so we know wtf the info is referencing and a link to the source info?

Whether a named storm hit CONUS doesn't matter when measuring total cyclonic activity, you donkey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accumulated_cyclone_energy#Atlantic_basin_ACE

That data is pulled from NOAA. If you want a graph, you can make it yourself.

50 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

I was referring to heat and drought in San Joaquin Valley and the Western US in general.

I'm not a water rights expert, but California is literally the breadbasket to the nation and our Governor would rather spend billions to build a useless bullet train than use the money for water infrastructure. 80% of our snowpack and rain water flows into the ocean. In 2015 when we experienced our multi-year drought we could have used that time to improve our dams and build new water capturing systems, but instead we have the bullet train to nowhere that has become an economic blackhole. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

26 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I'm not a water rights expert, but California is literally the breadbasket to the nation and our Governor would rather spend billions to build a useless bullet train than use the money for water infrastructure. 80% of our snowpack and rain water flows into the ocean. In 2015 when we experienced our multi-year drought we could have used that time to improve our dams and build new water capturing systems, but instead we have the bullet train to nowhere that has become an economic blackhole. 

I can't wait for California to start demanding water from states like Idaho.

I think, therefore I'm.

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

You do know they have improved the spillways to increase the carrying capacity of the reservoirs.  Folsom lake has a whole new spillway.  

2 hours ago, Bob said:

lol. OK. So the country that has bar none the best continuous weather record on earth doesn't count? Do you want to post a graph that has headings so we know wtf the info is referencing and a link to the source info?

Dude the hurricanes making landfall in Florida per year come in ones and twos and vary by the entire range year in and year out. You would have to try pretty hard to pick a worse metric to measure a change measured in tenths of a percent. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Farmers have done more to prevent dams in recent decades than Newsom has. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

14 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Well shit

Basically its hotter than a snakes ass in a wagon rut.  But tbh, may wasn't bad until a week ago, which is about average.  June can go either way.  July will be hot, August will be worse.  Only question is if there will be double days or will governor numbnuts shut down football.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

"Due to the scarcity and imprecision of early offshore measurements, ACE data for the Atlantic hurricane season is less reliable prior to the modern satellite era,"

So in other words they made most of the historical data up. And wouldn't you know it, it's the opposite of the logical conclusion one would think based on the only reliable, verifiable metric that's consistent for the reporting period - landfalling hurricanes. But they've got a narrative to adhere to

You really are a special kind of stupid, aren't you? If you had to hazard a guess, how many years do you think the "modern satellite era" would comprise in this context? 

On 5/27/2020 at 7:15 PM, happycamper said:

Dude the hurricanes making landfall in Florida per year come in ones and twos and vary by the entire range year in and year out. You would have to try pretty hard to pick a worse metric to measure a change measured in tenths of a percent. 

Only one he could find to cherry pick to match his ideas.  Although I don't think we know if a warmer planet is going to increase the number of hurricanes or not.  It will make the ones we have more intense

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

You're a +++++ingidiot. The data you referenced is from 1851 to present. Satellites have been around since the 60s? They even say in your source they've basically made up 2/3 of the data. 

Adam Shiff is conducting closed hearings on Trump steering storm into NC because they won't reopen #TrumpicalStormBertha #impeach

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif