Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Twitter labels Trump’s tweets with a fact check for the first time

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Gab is actually very well known as a Twitter alternative. You just don't want to admit it because it undermines your argument even further. Move those goalposts, troll boy.

Hahaha   I simply agree with Elizabeth Warren---these companies are MONOPOLIES.

I have never heard of it.

Maybe Gab is as big in Twitter as you claim.  Do you Tweet on Gab?   Does the President have a Gab account?   Nancy Pelosi?

Please share the link to Nancy Pelosi's Gab account.

1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

You can’t get covid-19 from anal sex. #science

Fact check:

Only If oral Sex was preformed prior to penetration. You have 3 hours to penetrate before the virus dies.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

10 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I am complaining about censorship.  I don't like Twitter banning conservative accounts.  I don't like Youtube banning Michael Moore's film.  I don't like all "big tech" purposing hiding any criticism of China.

So what is your solution to Twitter banning suspending accounts that you don't think should be suspended. How do you regulate it? 

Dismantling the internet by dismantling section 230 is not a good solution. 

Guest #1Stunner

STOP CENSORING ME

Only @mugtang, lord of the software, can sensor.  

Now you are getting it...  We are learning so much together!!

1 minute ago, tspoke said:

So what is your solution to Twitter banning suspending accounts that you don't think should be suspended. How do you regulate it? 

Tell that to the death cult. Twitter was "mean" to Trump by fact checking his statements, so therefore it needs to be dismantled and the rules that allowed the advancement of the internet should be burned to the ground.

5 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

these companies are MONOPOLIES.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

STOP CENSORING ME

Im not censoring you. You said what you wanted to say. I did not change your post. I simply replied with a correction. Let the board posters decide who is right.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, Warbow said:

Im not censoring you. You said what you wanted to say. I did not change your post. I simply corrected you.

How dare you interfere with my first amendment rights

How dare you interfere with my first amendment rights

It is my right to interfere. I choose to exercise it.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, tspoke said:

Honestly, 

I'm not sure what the answer is.  I am only able to say that I don't like censorship by a Monopoly platform (Twitter), and others, and do support a government response.  But I am not smart enough, experienced enough, or qualified to come up with the exact solution.

I know people want to silence offensive people's voices on the internet, but I do not agree that silence (or even using the software to "fact check" and put a scarlet letter, linking to CNN, MSNBC, or FOX, on their expressed opinion) is what we should allow these Monopolies to do.

Free Speech.

42 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

What you described is a rebuttal argument...

Only @mugtang has real power to censor on this board, since he has power over the board software.   He could even flag posts he disagrees with, and put label that it is a "lie" next to it (which would carry a lot of weight) 

I disagree with you, and don't think there is a lot of "censoring" on this board...  Mug is pretty open to letting people discuss their views. 

Is mug allowed to censor any posts or ban anyone from the message board ever? If so who gets to say when it's appropriate. 

Or maybe since it's mugs website he gets to make that call on his own. 

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Thanks! 

Now you can see why I had to attend remedial English.

5 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Donald trump was born in a lab a mile beneath the surface of the earth and is therefore not qualified to be president.

He also murdered his assistant back in 2000.

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, tspoke said:

Is mug allowed to censor any posts or ban anyone from the message board ever? If so who gets to say when it's appropriate. 

I don't think that Mug sensors Political Opinions on this board.

Yes, this is Mug's website.  

But surely you aren't saying that the MWC Board is somehow similar in size and influence as Twitter, and Youtube, right? 

I will be fun to see Joe Rogan host an episode like this on the MWC Board

5 minutes ago, tspoke said:

All bans go through a review process.  They then are escalated to a committee review where a vote is taken.  It’s usually tabled until the next meeting of the committee, which is set for an unknown and surprise future date. A majority vote is needed to ban somebody.  That person being banned is then presented with the opportunity to address the committee and plead their case why they shouldn’t be banned. After their argument is heard the committee tables the discussion for the next meeting.  At that meeting if a majority vote to ban occurs, Starbucks is ordered and a discussion is held over whether the ban is the right decision.  They rarely reach an agreement and by that time the self imposed statute of limitations expires and the process starts over again. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

27 minutes ago, Warbow said:

It could be but I doubt it. I hear @mugtang is part Guamanian. Although I hear he won’t ever let a minority be a mod here. @slappy Just ask K-5. 

Not sure why I am in the kiddie pool warbow.  If he let a thin skinded guy like halfman mod he should let a darker skinded warbow mod.   I have been pushing for this from day 1.  I dont agree with racism and I am sorry you feel that way.  If I can help let me know.  

Guest #1Stunner

Never thought I'd see so many people want censorship (from Big Tech---the 21st Century, unchecked Monopolies).

Apparently a lot do.