Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Twitter labels Trump’s tweets with a fact check for the first time

Guest #1Stunner
24 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Holy shit man. “Vote by mail leads to widespread fraud” is not a political opinion. It’s an easily debunked lie. You can’t just make shit up and call it an opinion. Here let’s try an exercise:

The dinosaurs were killed by illegal immigrants. Don’t anyone dare censor me.

This reads like a creative writing assignment  you'd see at your local community college.

First, you need to correctly quote the actual passage of prose before you analyze it, or else your Community College English Professor will mark your grade down for analyzing a quote that doesn't exist.

Here is the assigned reading / quote:

Now, that we have the actual statement, the assignment is to pick which sentences in the assigned reading are facts (i.e., and can be objectively verified, and not reasonably disputed or argued over), and which sentences are Political Opinions ( can be debated, reasonably disputed, and argued with other rebuttal opinions and facts).

Then, once you have completed your assignment, you must write a piece of creative writing on why it makes sense to fact check the "political opinions" you have identified, and have censorship.

You will be graded.

10 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This reads like a creative writing assignment  you'd see at your local community college.

First, you need to correctly quote the actual passage of prose before you analyze it, or else your Community College English Professor will mark your grade down for analyzing a quote that doesn't exist.

Here is the assigned reading / quote:

Now, that we have the actual statement, the assignment is to pick which sentences in the assigned reading are facts (i.e., and can be objectively verified, and not reasonably disputed or argued over), and which sentences are Political Opinions ( can be debated, reasonably disputed, and argued with other rebuttal opinions and facts).

Then, once you have completed your assignment, you must write a piece of creative writing on why it makes sense to fact check the "political opinions" you have identified, and have censorship.

You will be graded.

I summarized. There are neither facts nor opinions in those tweets, only outright, obvious lies. 

Or did they not teach the difference at BYU?

Guest #1Stunner
13 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I summarized. There are neither facts nor opinions in those tweets, only outright, obvious lies. 

Or did they not teach the difference at BYU?

No facts?  No opinions?  Just lies!?!?

Yikes!!

The Professor might accept such an answer (it's just Community College, right?). But if you are going to succeed in your major at the bigger school, you are going to have to show your work!

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The POTUS threatening to use executive order to shut down or regulate a private platform like Twitter should frighten the ever living shit out of every American. 

Sadly people are numb to his comments. Nothing he does will change anyone’s vote in November including I suspect yours, right Susan.   

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Sadly people are numb to his comments. Nothing he does will change anyone’s vote in November including I suspect yours, right Susan.   

I’m not a Democrat so I’m not going to vote for one. Therefore, you can go ahead and suck my dick.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Laid out in this article:

https://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/social-clashes-digital-free-speech

It appears that Private Platform doesn't mean shit.  Read the article. 

What do you think censorship is?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m not a Democrat so I’m not going to vote for one. Therefore, you can go ahead and suck my dick.

Right Susan, but you will whine about how Trumps actions should scare the shit out of people.   

Consider Trump has already:

1) Removed the cabinet members who would oppose him.

2) Removed the Inspector Generals who opposed him.

3) has proven the Senate will do nothing to stop him.

The last remaining check on him is the election.  Once he passes that you are correct as nothing will check his impulses.   

you don’t have a dick Susan.  

I have a gut feeling that his "order" will lack any real teeth.  

If it does though, I'm excited to see what mental gymnastics Trump supporters go through to justify The President taking legal action against a private company for fact checking him

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Right Susan, but you will whine about how Trumps actions should scare the shit out of people.   

Consider Trump has already:

1) Removed the cabinet members who would oppose him.

2) Removed the Inspector Generals who opposed him.

3) has proven the Senate will do nothing to stop him.

The last remaining check on him is the election.  Once he passes that you are correct as nothing will check his impulses.   

you don’t have a dick Susan.  

Haha — I’m not going to get into a late night tit for tat with a batshit crazy mother+++++er loon who should be sedated and locked away in a padded state hospital cell.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I have a gut feeling that his "order" will lack any real teeth.  

If it does though, I'm excited to see what mental gymnastics Trump supporters go through to justify The President taking legal action against a private company for fact checking him

He won’t do anything before the election.  He’s to smart to go there until after the election.  

40 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

No facts?  No opinions?  Just lies!?!?

Yikes!!

The Professor might accept such an answer (it's just Community College, right?). But if you are going to succeed in your major at the bigger school, you are going to have to show your work!

Why should I do that when twitter already did it for me? Go ahead and click the link.

You make a good point though. I spend enough of my time reading nonsense arguments from people who couldn’t be bothered to do their homework. I’m not going to do it with a halfwit troll educated at a cult headquarters masquerading as a university. Have a nice day.

12 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Why should I do that when twitter already did it for me? Go ahead and click the link.

You make a good point though. I spend enough of my time reading nonsense arguments from people who couldn’t be bothered to do their homework. I’m not going to do it with a halfwit troll educated at a cult headquarters masquerading as a university. Have a nice day.

oh come on.

1 minute ago, AndroidAggie said:

ok i laughed at this but seriously we're not a cult tho

I know that. I’m making a point about the difference between truth, facts, opinions, and lies.