Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Twitter labels Trump’s tweets with a fact check for the first time

8 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I don't Twitter. Did they take his post down? No.

What does it look like when they put a fact check on a Tweet?

What a phucking snowflake. He should quit Twiitter, that'll teach them.

qYAKIej.png

FcS8B0m.png

48 minutes ago, edluvar said:

What a crybaby.   Apparently “conservative voices” is the new “alternate facts”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-warns-social-media-government-can-regulate-or-close-them-down-amid-fight-with-twitter

@bornontheblue, @Nevada Convert, @renoskier, @modestobulldog, @pokerider, @Rebels18 .... still think your Orange God is for less government regulation?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

No Mr. President, you cant regulate twitter....and that is a dumbassed comment.

This is a great opportunity for you to choose another more fair platfrom, and communicate from there.   You would draw millions of supporters and haters, giving a big bnoost to some unknown  

Do it now. 

41 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

This is a great opportunity for you to choose another more fair platfrom, and communicate from there.   You would draw millions of supporters and haters, giving a big bnoost to some unknown  

Do it now. 

8Chan would work.

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

qYAKIej.png

FcS8B0m.png

That factchecking stuff doesn’t even show up though unless you click the blue “get the facts” link. 

I wonder if they are going to roll it out to all politicians - and how they will draw the line - that’s the hard part and the reason twitter went so long without much filtering at all.

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree with Trump on this one regarding censoring or fact checking an expressed Opinion on their platform. (Even though I disagree with his take on mail in ballots)

Twitter should not be regulating speech or editorializing speech, unless it violated the law or is clear harassment.  While I don't agree with Trump on the issue, the tweet expressing an opinion on mail-in ballots was not an egregious statement.

If Twitter keeps sensoring speech it disagrees with (Twitter mostly sensors Conservative Political Speech), then the government should intervene.  Yes, regulate.

putting a fact checking link at the bottom of a demonstrably incorrect opinion isn't censoring

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I agree with Trump on this one regarding censoring or fact checking an expressed Opinion on their platform. (Even though I disagree with his take on mail in ballots)

Twitter should not be regulating speech or editorializing speech, unless it violated the law or is clear harassment.  While I don't agree with Trump on the issue, the tweet expressing an opinion on mail-in ballots was not an egregious statement.

If Twitter keeps sensoring speech it disagrees with (Twitter mostly sensors Conservative Political Speech), then the government should intervene.  Yes, regulate.

I'm politically an Independent.

I'm not a Republican Partisan (I'm in favor of government regulation) so I'm all for government regulating private companies if there is a need.  I think there is a basis to regulate Twitter, YouTube and others who disallow political opinions they disagree with.  They aren't censoring Democratic political opinions.

I'm not a Democrat Partisan that will say one thing (Believe Women) and do another (Ignore or Discredit Women if it's a Rape Allegation Against a Democrat), when it is convenient.  The Democrats cheering on no regulation of a private business (Twitter) are only doing so because they think it benefits their side.  They regularly argue that we need to regulate more, including private companies (see the LGBT Bakery Wedding Cake debate)

A Google search yielded this article, which was a fair take on the debate.

https://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/social-clashes-digital-free-speech

BSnBFjQ.jpg

16 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

God he’s so phukking stupid he doesn’t understand how freedom of speech works.

Most applicants for government jobs have to pass a civil service exam just to be interviewed. Among the reasons is to weed out people who are clearly unqualified for the position they seek. These latest tweets are further proof that Donald J. Trump was never qualified to be president of the United States.

He also lacks the emotional stability to be allowed the keys to our nuclear arsenal but that's another even scarier issue.

Guest #1Stunner
48 minutes ago, retrofade said:

^^^

Apparently can't engage in a real conversation on an issue. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

putting a fact checking link at the bottom of a demonstrably incorrect opinion isn't censoring

Completely disagree.

These aren't "facts", these are expressed opinions.  

How do you fact check an OPINION?

Normally "Fact Checking" is when a politician  cites purported facts at a debate or something.   But apparently we are to the point of fact checking opinions.

4 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

@mugtang you should invite Mr. Prez here.

dear god no GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Completely disagree.

These aren't "facts", these are expressed opinions.  

How do you fact check an OPINION?

Easy.

"You're Crazy".  Thats an opinion.

"No Im not.  My mother had me tested".

My thanks to the Big Bang Theory.....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, RSF said:

Easy.

"You're Crazy".  Thats an opinion.

"No Im not.  My mother had me tested".

My thanks to the Big Bang Theory.....

You get it....  You mean make a rebuttal argument.

Of course, other "voices" should be allowed to respond to any opinion on Twitter....  Or discredit an opinion.

Or in other words, other Twitter Users or Media can respond to Trump's Tweets, and say that his OPINIONS are wrong.  Or make the case he wrong...

But when the Moderator / Forum Operator starts shutting down expressions they disagree with, or putting a scarlet letter on expressions they disagree with, they are stifling free speech and debate.

The Moderator / Forum Operator, who is supposed to simply be the host.... NOT picking sides, and "fact checking" the Opinions of a user.   

There are no Facts being checked... they are simply offering a rebuttal argument to an Opinion they disagree with.