Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Being asked to wear a mask is not infringing on your civil liberties

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Serious answer @sactowndog, we sometimes do violate civil liberties for the good of the populous.  As I stated, this would be a fair debate as to whether mandated masks falls into that category as a necessary evil, so to speak.  I think that's a separate debate.  My main point was (and is) that mandating masks is definitely an infringement of civil liberties.  The only argument is whether it is warranted.  As far as @mugtang's point about asking it to be done, hell no asking for compliance is not an infringement.  It's good policy.  It's also probably going to be more effective than pissing folks off with the heavy hand of government.

Fair take

9 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

This why people do it everywhere 

Not virtue signaling 

I’m just sick and tired of being car-mask-shamed by @mugtang. His CMDS is way over the top. Not to mention his hypocrisy.

Darth-Vader-630x338.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

we all know mug drives with his wang out, semi erect

true cat GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

we all know mug drives with his wang out, semi erect

mugwang?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

I can't remember the last time anyone sneezed or coughed on me in public. Oh wait, it's never happened in my life. If you want to wear one go ahead, if you want to stay home go ahead with that too. Let people make choices for themselve.s 

I know you're not big on science or anything, but....

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/04/coronavirus-covid-sneeze-fluid-dynamics-in-photos/

30 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

mugwang?

22 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i'm dead

old spice yes GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

You'd be surprised at the number of folks I see driving in a mask. Also, when out on a run in the evening, in a neighborhood that isn't exactly dense, almost everyone is masked up as they walk their dogs or whatever.  It has become a symbol for those who think symbolism is important.

The only people i see driving while wearing a mask are UPS/USPS drivers. which... I wouldn't bother taking it off either

22 minutes ago, Bob said:

I can't remember the last time anyone sneezed or coughed on me in public. Oh wait, it's never happened in my life. If you want to wear one go ahead, if you want to stay home go ahead with that too. Let people make choices for themselve.s 

...What? did you not go to school, or have you never been in a movie theater or at a football or basketball game? Have you never been in wal-mart or sam's club?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I carry a mask in my pocket. If the business I’m going into requires it I put it on. I have to wear it every morning during our daily safety brief. Our engineering office is on the Marine base here and masks are mandatory there. I avoid the place like the plague. All of our engineering meetings are done by teleconference now so I have very little reason to go there. I don’t wear one at my work site. It’s too hot and it bugs the shit out of me. None of the others at the site wear one there either. My wife on the other hand wears hers every time she leaves the house. To me the argument over wearing a mask is stupid. Wear it in situations that require it, and do what you want in those that don’t. 

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

No one has ever sneezed on me in wal -mart or sam's. Maybe like once in school someone sneezed on me. It's pretty ingrained in our society to cover your coughs and sneezes. The fact that walmart, costco, sam's and grocery stores all around the country remained open and were(are) packed, yet the "pandemic" already peaked and is receding is pretty good evidence that masks are(were) unnecessary. 

Bob, what are you talking about? Do you think that someone sneezing 7 feet from you magically isn't sneezing on you?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

"We now have really clear evidence that wearing masks works -- it's probably a 50% protection against transmission,"

- Dr. Chris Murray, director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, or IHME, at the University of Washington, yesterday

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

48 minutes ago, Bob said:

99.9% of people sneeze in their elbow or into their hands pointed at the floor. What civilization do you live in

no, they don't, and shockingly, an elbow or a hand isn't a magic bullet stopping the dispersal of disease. 

Bob why would you even post this transparent lie?

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

I carry a mask in my pocket. If the business I’m going into requires it I put it on. I have to wear it every morning during our daily safety brief. Our engineering office is on the Marine base here and masks are mandatory there. I avoid the place like the plague. All of our engineering meetings are done by teleconference now so I have very little reason to go there. I don’t wear one at my work site. It’s too hot and it bugs the shit out of me. None of the others at the site wear one there either. My wife on the other hand wears hers every time she leaves the house. To me the argument over wearing a mask is stupid. Wear it in situations that require it, and do what you want in those that don’t. 

I have the same take.  I keep a mask in the glove box of my cars.  I wear one where it is required.  I got my haircut last week and wore the mask.  If I go to Costco, I wear the mask.  My local grocery store does not require it so I don't wear one there.  I don't see the point in raging about it.

11 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I’m curious.  How do you justify requirements to wear a mask as an infringement on civil liberties  and not the requirement for women to wear a bikini top on the beach?  Not wearing a mask has many more significant public health issues than a women being topless and yet I don’t see the outrage from the right about those civil liberties being violated despite the clear greater public health risk.  

200.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

12 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I’m curious.  How do you justify requirements to wear a mask as an infringement on civil liberties  and not the requirement for women to wear a bikini top on the beach?  Not wearing a mask has many more significant public health issues than a women being topless and yet I don’t see the outrage from the right about those civil liberties being violated despite the clear greater public health risk.  

Because boobs. 

40 minutes ago, RSF said:

"We now have really clear evidence that wearing masks works -- it's probably a 50% protection against transmission,"

- Dr. Chris Murray, director of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, or IHME, at the University of Washington, yesterday

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

I'm only interested in what Bob has to say on the subject.

I keep a mask in the car and wear it at indoor places where there are going to be a lot of people around, like grocery stores, hardware stores, Costco, etc. I don't know how much it helps to wear one, but I know it can't hurt. And if it helps slow the spread even in an infinitesimal amount, then its benefits outweigh any minor inconvenience. I just don't understand what the big deal is. 

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I keep a mask in the car and wear it at indoor places where there are going to be a lot of people around, like grocery stores, hardware stores, Costco, etc. I don't know how much it helps to wear one, but I know it can't hurt. And if it helps slow the spread even in an infinitesimal amount, then its benefits outweigh any minor inconvenience. I just don't understand what the big deal is. 

I mean... if a few things can slow spread to an R of below 1, we can fully re-open. That's just simple science. Who wouldn't be for that?