Jump to content
sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

Recommended Posts

Minnesota Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell called the incidents “regrettable” at a late Saturday news conference, but said the dynamics of the evening, including tactics used by agitators and widespread use of masks by journalists, law enforcement and rioters, presented challenges for authorities. He said the expectation is still that reporters are permitted to remain out covering the unrest.
 

https://m.startribune.com/wcco-cameraman-arrested-on-video-while-covering-unrest-in-minnesota/570902742/
 

No Paul it’s not regrettable.  We all saw the man clearly identify himself as press.  It’s wrong and the people involved should be disciplined.  People like you making excuses for bad behavior by cops is what got us into this mess in the first place.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Minnesota Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell called the incidents “regrettable” at a late Saturday news conference, but said the dynamics of the evening, including tactics used by agitators and widespread use of masks by journalists, law enforcement and rioters, presented challenges for authorities. He said the expectation is still that reporters are permitted to remain out covering the unrest.
 

https://m.startribune.com/wcco-cameraman-arrested-on-video-while-covering-unrest-in-minnesota/570902742/
 

No Paul it’s not regrettable.  We all saw the man clearly identify himself as press.  It’s wrong and the people involved should be disciplined.  People like you making excuses for bad behavior by cops is what got us into this mess in the first place.  

I’m guessing people on the right are too busy condemning “thugs” looting to worry about the police stomping on constitutional rights like freedom of the press.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I hope she files a lawsuit, she is now permanently blind in one eye. 

Wrong incident.  That was another incident in Minnesota where they have seen frequent attacks on reporters 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/world/north-america/photojournalist-and-author-linda-tirado-blinded-in-minneapolis-protests/news-story/7768888fcd3fa7f66dac6e2d89f25dcc

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I’m guessing people on the right are too busy condemning “thugs” looting to worry about the police stomping on constitutional rights like freedom of the press.

The press is the enemy of the people, remember.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@smltwnrckr

This is part of why I was less worried about the apparent loss of civil liberties due to pandemic rules. When push comes to shove the police never believed that we had those liberties in the first place.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 4:34 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

The crazy part that makes so many people unknowingly contradicting themselves are those who hug the blue but also need more guns for their defense against government, is that they won't draw their guns on these officers if they saw this.  I am not saying it is because the guy was black, but because the police have this unchecked power that has manifested into capitulating acceptance that they can do things and we just sit there, film it and complain.  Didn't help this guy out one bit.

Maybe I misunderstand you but with respect, if you draw your gun on a peace officer, they have a right to defend themselves and that right includes firing the first shot in order to do so. Accordingly, it is a really bad idea for anyone to draw their weapon on a peace officer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Maybe I misunderstand you but with respect, if you draw your gun on a peace officer, they have a right to defend themselves and that right includes firing the first shot in order to do so. Accordingly, it is a really bad idea for anyone to draw their weapon on a peace officer.

Yep and assaulting a Police Officer is an actual crime so even if you tried without physical weapons to intervene you would be charged.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dortmund's Jadon Sancho dedicates goal to U.S. protests

image.png.804ea660b8cc662e3b139d6920d3c735.png

https://www.espn.com/soccer/borussia-monchengladbach/story/4104282/gladbachs-marcus-thuram-dedicates-goal-to-us-protests

 

Earlier in the day, Borussia Monchengladbach forward Marcus Thuram took a knee after scoring his first goal on Sunday in honour of ongoing protests in the United States following the death of George Floyd.

Image

The club tweeted an image of Thuram kneeling with the caption: "No explanation needed."

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile Trump moves to make Antifa a terrorist organization 

 

The problem is Antifa isn’t an organization.  What he is really doing is making anyone who opposes and confronts white nationalist fascists face charges as a terrorist.  Think about that fact as you consider this action.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

What percentage of cops are Trumpers and what percentage of those cops are the ones attacking journalists right now?

Rhetoric matters.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...