Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

In essence the trump family killed their brother because he wouldnt toe the family line!  

IF YOU DONT THINK TRUMP WILL BE HITLER YOU ARE NUTS!!!!!  HE NEEDS TO GO, i have never felt this way in my life of 60 years. Even how they feel about joining the military in times of need!!!!  That was another reason the family hated freddy.  

On 7/19/2020 at 11:24 AM, 818SUDSFan said:

How would you describe YOUR neighborhood?

aspirational

9 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

They look like karens. Maybe they deserved it. :ph34r:

if you care to look at the ancestry of Oregon you will see that it they are far more likely Karins

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

If you're not in a swing state vote for Jo. As a country we need more than what this two party system is giving us.

I would strongly consider voting for Jo if I didn't live in North Carolina. I've voted for third parties every election until now, but like I've said in the past, Trump is such an existential threat to our country that I just can't do it this year. 

Utah is safely Red. 

I have always voted 3rd Party Pres candidates.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

There's a train with about 50 cars full of the below going past my office on the way to Seattle.  Might be routine maintenance stuff... might not be.

@sean327 @East Coast Aztec what is that pickup looking thing? Seems like half the equipment on the train 

20200727_152400.jpg

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

9 minutes ago, happycamper said:

There's a train with about 50 cars full of the below going past my office on the way to Seattle.  Might be routine maintenance stuff... might not be.

@sean327 @East Coast Aztec what is that pickup looking thing? Seems like half the equipment on the train 

20200727_152400.jpg

Those vehicles are the new JLTV (Joint Light Tactical Vehicle) It has 3 variants. I worked that program for BAE Systems 2009-2011. They are probably on their way to Ft Lewis. Oshkosh began fielding them in Nov. it’s a phased roll out. The JTLV is replacing older Humvees.

Just now, sean327 said:

Those vehicles are the new JLTV (Joint Light Tactical Vehicle) It has 3 variants. I worked that program for BAE Systems 2009-2011. They are probably on their way to Ft Lewis. Oshkosh began fielding them in Nov. it’s a phased roll out. The JTLV is replacing older Humvees.

I want one of the pickup ones

Just now, sean327 said:

You got $1.2 mil?

in 30 year no interest bonds? sure! I'm just like uncle sam!

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

That better come with leather seats for that price.

You can get the stripped down base model for $390,000. No armor, Blue Force Tracker, Gun Turret, Diagnostic Software, auxiliary generator, or V-Hull. There are a few other bells and whistles that don’t come with the base model, but I’ve listed the most expensive.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You had better hope there is leg room, that is about the only comfort you get with military vehicles.  

Leg room sucks donkey balls. IED proof flooring sucks all that joy away.

Just now, sean327 said:

You can get the stripped down base model for $390,000. No armor, Blue Force Tracker, Gun Turret, Diagnostic Software, auxiliary generator, or V-Hull.

So no bomb protection, no high-speed gear, no turret... What's the point, besides showing how much money you have?  I never understand the infatuation with folks and these types of vehicles.  I remember the cost to replace tires and lugnuts, hard pass when comparing to certain other vehicles.  Can only imagine other parts.

Just now, sean327 said:

Figures.  But, the price of safety is no comfort.  I am still concerned about long-term effects of the lollipops that scrambled the frequencies being a few feet from my head.  

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

So no bomb protection, no high-speed gear, no turret... What's the point, besides showing how much money you have?  I never understand the infatuation with folks and these types of vehicles.  I remember the cost to replace tires and lugnuts, hard pass when comparing to certain other vehicles.  Can only imagine other parts.

if I had 1.2 milly to blow on a big ass truck I think that tires and lugnut cost would be pocket change

Just now, sean327 said:

short people ftw

14 minutes ago, happycamper said:

if I had 1.2 milly to blow on a big ass truck I think that tires and lugnut cost would be pocket change

You do get a cool suspension that adjusts on the fly between 4 clearance heights! In the “Standoff” position you’re basically a monster truck. “Off Road” mode gives you that redneck mud bogger look, Highway mode gives you the Soccer Mom SUV look, and “Stow” mode puts you in good with the vatos, but your turning radius is bigger than an aircraft carrier being so low. 

Just now, sean327 said:

You do get a cool suspension that adjusts on the fly between three clearance heights! In the “Standoff” position you’re basically a monster truck. “Off Road” mode gives you that redneck mud bogger look, and “Stow” mode puts you in good with the vatos, but your turning radius is next to nothing being so low. 

how long does it take to adjust? because I would be incapable of leaving that alone at red lights and giving other drivers smug looks