Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

On 7/29/2020 at 3:30 PM, IanforHeisman said:

BE142075-791D-4B83-A366-11B514668E2A.jpeg

As I've been saying, this is the underlying ideology of the pearl clutchers.

Property rights>civil rights. Property>people.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

People=People

We are in a Pandemic.  How many people will die or suffer reduced quality of life because of the protests?

3 hours ago, youngredbullfan said:

Why do they have to damage property? Stop that nonsense and the feds wouldn’t be there. 

9 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, defund the police and watch crime sky rocket. Idiots.

What if their stance isn't to abolish cops (what many think defund means), but to require better non-lethal training, better periodic review, eliminate retaliation in police for those good cops who report bad cops, or many other issues folks have right now?  There are many logical things to have suggestions for improvement.  Police need to hear it, and if they are unwilling to change, I do question if they are the right mindset for the job.

26 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

What if their stance isn't to abolish cops (what many think defund means), but to require better non-lethal training, better periodic review, eliminate retaliation in police for those good cops who report bad cops, or many other issues folks have right now?  There are many logical things to have suggestions for improvement.  Police need to hear it, and if they are unwilling to change, I do question if they are the right mindset for the job.

Way too long for a hashtag.  

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Why do they have to damage property? Stop that nonsense and the feds wouldn’t be there. 

your, uh, timeline is backwards

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 7/31/2020 at 1:46 PM, tspoke said:

Looks like Portland was pretty peaceful last night now that the feds stopped provoking them... Weird, who could have guessed it? 

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/07/changing-of-the-guard-oregon-state-troopers-start-duty-at-federal-courthouse-in-portland-quiet-so-far.html

Fox News today also talked about how Portland has been more peaceful since the Feds are out of sight.

Portland protests remained largely peaceful Friday night as over a thousand demonstrators gathered in front of downtown's courthouse, just days after federal officers withdrew from the city.

Usually a hotspot for violent clashes with law enforcement, demonstraters instead congregated outside of Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse in Oregon, with balloons, flags, and painted signs chanting "Black Lives Matter."

Since Democratic Gov. Kate Brown announced federal officers would begin a "phased withdrawal" from the city as part of an agreement with Trump's Department of Homeland Security on Thursday, the city has remained notably less angst-filled.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-peaceful-protests-with-1000-demonstrators-forces-withdraw

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Or use the funding to hire skilled, trained mental health people whose sole job is to respond to mental health calls.   Cops don’t want to do that job anyway.   Too often they have no idea how to deal with a person with severe mental illness nor should they.   

21 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

This was never about property damage. Ever. 

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

It was Saturday night in Portland. Was that party a Saturday night in Fort Collins?

A Friday. It’s not a joke either. I was at CSU for a Nevada game in 97, and the party was broken up by police in full riot gear. It was nuts.

It looks like police defunding is underway. Police officers are either being let go or resigning in droves. Watch crime skyrocket and residents complain when police don’t respond in a timely manner, or don’t respond at all. And minority communities will suffer the most. NYC has already seen more murders than all of last year. 

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/shock-survey-finds-that-funding-is-being-reduced-for-nearly-half-of-all-major-city-police-departments-in-america/?utm_source=whatfinger

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

It looks like police defunding is underway. Police officers are either being let go or resigning in droves. Watch crime skyrocket and residents complain when police don’t respond in a timely manner, or don’t respond at all. And minority communities will suffer the most. NYC has already seen more murders than all of last year. 

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/shock-survey-finds-that-funding-is-being-reduced-for-nearly-half-of-all-major-city-police-departments-in-america/?utm_source=whatfinger

Not for nothing, but this was already a complaint in many poor communities.  So a little more of the same for them.  As always, the underserved feel the most of the negative, both blame and consequence.  

5 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Meanwhile, back in Portland...

C’mon these are fake videos. The news media has ensured us that the protests in Portland are peaceful and federal agents are the reason for sixty days of nonstop violence. 

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Nothing say "black lives matter" like looting and destroying retail property

It's a summer of love, though.

#DefundThePolice