Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Good job here. A little humility, a little hope. We could all use a little more of that.

Agreed — good follow through by Wallace. Kudos and a tip of the hat to him for that post. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Good job here. A little humility, a little hope. We could all use a little more of that.

So, he must have more knowledge about this than we do.

Clearly there was no hate crime committed.  This is why people are having trust issues.  We know racism is real and vial acts stem from the tenants and philosophies held knowingly or subconsciously are expressed every day in this country.  In the rush to create an explosive headline, not a single news network or paper said "let's wait and see how this plays out".  

10 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Clearly there was no hate crime committed.  This is why people are having trust issues.  We know racism is real and vial acts that come stem from the tenants and philosophies held knowingly or subconsciously are expressed every day in this country.  In the rush to create an explosive headline, not a single news network or paper said "let's wait and see how this plays out".  

Some knots are more racist than others. Beware, Eagle Scouts.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Clearly there was no hate crime committed.  This is why people are having trust issues.  We know racism is real and vial acts that come stem from the tenants and philosophies held knowingly or subconsciously are expressed every day in this country.  In the rush to create an explosive headline, not a single news network or paper said "let's wait and see how this plays out".  

It’s not just @NVGiant and his anti-fry sauce goose stepping media goons, it’s all of us. Our entire culture has morphed into some gotcha/accusatory bullshit. There’s very little nuance, context, patience, or vetting of information anymore. I’m guilty of this myself. Maybe, just maybe, we can all dial back the “AH, HA!!!!!” mentality and try to seek truth and understand a bit more. 

4 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s not just @NVGiant and his anti-fry sauce goose stepping media goons, it’s all of us. Our entire culture has morphed into some gotcha/accusatory bullshit. There’s very little nuance, context, patience, or vetting of information anymore. I’m guilty of this myself. Maybe, just maybe, we can all dial back the “AH, HA!!!!!” mentality and try to seek truth and understand a bit more. 

It's almost like we were all frogs all along and social media was the water and the act of silo'ing akin to raising the heat...

That said, I remember when loose change came out in like 2005? And I swear shit has been weird and moving in this direction ever since. Media didn't just expand it went exponential. What we are interpreting now is the fact that everyone slowly sunk into their own version of reality based on their info touch points. Something like this has always existed, but it didn't go exponential until the last 20 years. 

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

It's almost like we were all frogs all along and social media was the water and the act of silo'ing akin to raising the heat...

That said, I remember when loose change came out in like 2005? And I swear shit has been weird and moving in this direction ever since. Media didn't just expand it went exponential. What we are interpreting now is the fact that everyone slowly sunk into their own version of reality based on their info touch points. Something like this has always existed, but it didn't go exponential until the last 20 years. 

And this is why it seems, to everyone, that everyone ELSE is living in their own version of reality...sound familiar? 

3 hours ago, AztecSU said:

I’m incrementally divorcing myself from cable news, national news, and social media. I actually find a good % of my news nowadays from the MWCBoard OT Forum. This place provides a really good mix of views supported by links that keeps me informed. Lol

3 hours ago, AztecSU said:

And this is why it seems, to everyone, that everyone ELSE is living in their own version of reality...sound familiar? 

Why are you replying to yourself?

34 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m incrementally divorcing myself from cable news, national news, and social media. I actually find a good % of my news nowadays from the MWCBoard OT Forum. This place provides a really good mix of views supported by links that keeps me informed. Lol

I miss the old days of news.

Catch a 30 or 60 second report on one of the 3 OTA networks after dinner. Then the next morning get a little more detail in the newspaper. Then once a week read a more detailed analysis of the big national/world stories in Time or Newsweek or USNews.

Boy I'm aging myself.

I'll just leave this here with no comment:

A Republican candidate running for a St. Louis-area House seat has published a 23-page document outlining a conspiracy theory that the footage of George Floyd's death in police custody, which has ignited weeks of protests, was staged to inflame racial tensions.

“We conclude that no one in the video is really one person but rather they are all digital composites of two or more real people to form completely new digital persons using deepfake technology,” Winnie Heartstrong, who is running against Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.), wrote.

The document, which Heartstrong claims was written with the aid of “citizen investigators,” alleges Floyd died long before May 25. It also repeats a conspiracy theory that Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer charged with second-degree murder in Floyd’s death, is in fact “Cash Cab” host Ben Bailey.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/504429-gop-house-candidate-publishes-23-page-report-claiming-george-floyd-death-was

1 minute ago, FresnoFacts said:

I'll just leave this here with no comment:

JFC — people are losing their minds. 

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Clearly there was no hate crime committed.  This is why people are having trust issues.  We know racism is real and vial acts stem from the tenants and philosophies held knowingly or subconsciously are expressed every day in this country.  In the rush to create an explosive headline, not a single news network or paper said "let's wait and see how this plays out".  

The media are in the business of getting clicks. That’s their primary focus. And they usually get the reaction that they are looking for. It’s why they are near the bottom of the scale of public trust. 

What the +++++?

Fired Wilmington cop: “We are just going to go out and start slaughtering them f—— ni—–. I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.”
--------

These are the words of a now-former Wilmington Police Department officer Kevin Piner.

He, along with two other officers have been fired from the department after dash-cam footage recorded two phone conversations — accidentally — and a supervisor conducting a routine audit of the videos found the disturbing content.

Michael ‘Kevin’ Piner, James ‘Brian’ Gilmore, and Jessie E. Moore II were all terminated from the force. The announcement came from the new Chief of Police Donny Williams — not even 24-hours into his first day as chief.

https://portcitydaily.com/local-news/2020/06/24/fired-wilmington-cop-we-are-just-going-to-go-out-and-start-slaughtering-them-f-ni-i-cant-wait-god-i-cant-wait-free-read/

They said some pretty disturbing shit... including talk of another civil war. 

7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I get pretty much all my info from this board and pass it off as my own here in the face to face world.. People think I’m a genius.

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

I was pretty good friends with a Henderson, NV cop. He took me around his cop buddies once. I overheard several racist comments and jokes from them (not him) when we were out. He's told me that there have been multiple slaps on the wrist for those kinds of things said in the department too.

It's probably more common than we think.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.