Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

Just now, Bob said:

lol. I think your bullshit detector is broken

I think my point is being demonstrated loud and clear.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

29 minutes ago, Bob said:

No. It's speaks to how incredibly rare hate crimes and racism are in this country.

Bob you flat out said you grew up calling your friends ++++++ all the time are you +++++ing kidding me!?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Is there not a single gotdam picture of this noose/door pull anywhere?  All of us are being speculative as to what we think of with little more context than the continued use of the word including FBI.  Is it an exaggeration, or did it look like a noose?

At the moment I can't tell if it is a "guy overreacted with some justification given the rash of lynchings we've been seeing" or "this noose wasn't meant for him but alabama is just so full of nooses he was going to find one". right now it seems like the second one which.... not really an improvement over "it was specifically meant for him"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Because he refuses to play the victim card

Perhaps he was never a victim, so why would he play the card?  What makes him an Uncle Tom from that?  What if someone were a victim?  Larry Elder's comments means that everyone else's experience is invalidated?  Bad logic.

32 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Racism and hate crimes are way too prevalent in this country, it’s a stain we need to acknowledge and begin to address. Your post above saying that if you see a hate crime it’s likely fake is ridiculous.

That’s sorta the problem with instant news?? I’m not a fake news conspiracy theorist but I miss the days when journalists worked a story for a day or even two before it broke, confirming sources and gathering perspective before it is published. 

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

That’s sorta the problem with instant news?? I’m not a fake news conspiracy theorist but I miss the days when journalists worked a story for a day or even two before it broke, confirming sources and gathering perspective before it is published. 

I 100% agree. While I wholeheartedly support a free and open press, the industry itself needs to do a better job of vetting their sources and verifying stories. But many just want to be the outlet that breaks the story. 

1 hour ago, AztecSU said:

Probably because NASCAR jumped on this to protect their driver. Who is the victim in this? The noose? Racists? I'm trying to understand. 

There very likely is NO victim here you blithering twit...

10 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

There very likely is NO victim here you blithering twit...

Perhaps not but my opinion is that we all should just wait and see. 

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I 100% agree. While I wholeheartedly support a free and open press, the industry itself needs to do a better job of vetting their sources and verifying stories. But many just want to be the outlet that breaks the story. 

I get that a certain amount of work guess into it and they don't it spoiled, but as a consumer of journalism, I couldn't give two craps about who breaks a story and out scoops the other but these outlets act like it's the end all be all and that I care. "You heard it here first. We beat channel 8”. IDGAF. 

28 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I get that a certain amount of work guess into it and they don't it spoiled, but as a consumer of journalism, I couldn't give two craps about who breaks a story and out scoops the other but these outlets act like it's the end all be all and that I care. "You heard it here first. We beat channel 8”. IDGAF. 

What's even worse is these channels rarely cite the story breakers anymore anyways. It's not like ESPN starts their stories with "FoxSports has reported....", they start with "ESPN sources have confirmed...."

Just now, 818SUDSFan said:

As opposed to creating memes suggesting that Wallace is paranoid. yes.png

I’m not excusing that behavior by any means. 

Just now, 818SUDSFan said:

You misunderstood. I was agreeing with you. (Bad on me for overusing sarcasm in my posts.)

Oh sorry. Tough to interpret things on here sometimes.

3 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Lmao, they obviously did since we all saw the public statement NASCAR made. Don't forget this man is getting all sorts of hate for saying the stars and bars need to go...but yeah he's the awful one. GTFOH.

This is all a big nothing burger. Why make it more than it is, a garage door pull?