Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

9 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

He was kind of a douche too, let’s be real.

Trust me he is the least of her problems.  She is being attacked doxxed and called a racist by hundreds.  Hell I made the point on twitter that his approach was wrong and I’ve been called a racist probably 20 times and left wondering if I will be doxxed.  

isn’t vigilante justice wonderful???

Come on @coalman29 I have a couple outstanding questions I’m patiently waiting for a reply on....

Doxing is happening on both sides of the political spectrum anymore, both online and in real life.

Orange County's Public Health Director recently resigned after her home address was stated openly during a Board of Supervisors meeting by an anti-lockdown/anti-masker. Protestors started showing up at the Health Director's home and sending her threats.

2 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Doxing is happening on both sides of the political spectrum anymore, both online and in real life.

Orange County's Public Health Director recently resigned after her home address was stated openly during a Board of Supervisors meeting by an anti-lockdown/anti-masker. Protestors started showing up at the Health Director's home and sending her threats.

Yep. It should be made illegal.  

18 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Trust me he is the least of her problems.  She is being attacked doxxed and called a racist by hundreds.  Hell I made the point on twitter that his approach was wrong and I’ve been called a racist probably 20 times and left wondering if I will be doxxed.  

isn’t vigilante justice wonderful???

Come on @coalman29 I have a couple outstanding questions I’m patiently waiting for a reply on....

I always like to put myself in a situation and see if I would do anything different. Coming up with my own hypothetical because I don't live in a place where I would be "chalking" a wall. But if I was writing "BLM" or on the other side "ALM"... I guarantee somebody from both of the sides is stopping and saying something. Even if I was semi-rude and said you need to mind your own business...the second they started dropping I know who owns that car so stop....you bet your ass I would be posting it. If you wouldn't stop for Happy Bday...dont stop for BLM or ALM.

9 minutes ago, coalman29 said:

I always like to put myself in a situation and see if I would do anything different. Coming up with my own hypothetical because I don't live in a place where I would be "chalking" a wall. But if I was writing "BLM" or on the other side "ALM"... I guarantee somebody from both of the sides is stopping and saying something. Even if I was semi-rude and said you need to mind your own business...the second they started dropping I know who owns that car so stop....you bet your ass I would be posting it. If you wouldn't stop for Happy Bday...dont stop for BLM or ALM.

So should we worry about you doxxing people on here then?   

53 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

So should we worry about you doxxing people on here then?   

Why would you? I never said I would doxx. But if you sent me a PM using very hateful and racist remarks backed with obvious lies...yeah you might have to worry about me posting it to this thread. Wouldn't you? 

Sometimes people just get tired of it and want it to stop. As a gay male... I'm sure he has had plenty of experience in people offering their opinions on his lifestyle. I'm sure if you were putting up a Trump or Biden or Amash sign in your front yard...the first time somebody walked by and said "idiot" you would probably ignore it. 100 times later...maybe not. Eventually you would get tired of it. And then if somebody had the audacity to claim your property was somebody else's...and based on your sign it was obvious you really didn't belong in the neighborhood...you probably would post something saying look at this jackass talking out of their ass.

It's just so weird to me because I would never be out on a walk and tell somebody to stop doing what they were doing. Even if I did know the person that lived on the corner lot was Sactowndog and the guy putting up a sign on that lot wasn't him.... I still wouldn't say anything and just assume that Sactowndog had given his permission.

27 minutes ago, coalman29 said:

Why would you? I never said I would doxx. But if you sent me a PM using very hateful and racist remarks backed with obvious lies...yeah you might have to worry about me posting it to this thread. Wouldn't you? 

Sometimes people just get tired of it and want it to stop. As a gay male... I'm sure he has had plenty of experience in people offering their opinions on his lifestyle. I'm sure if you were putting up a Trump or Biden or Amash sign in your front yard...the first time somebody walked by and said "idiot" you would probably ignore it. 100 times later...maybe not. Eventually you would get tired of it. And then if somebody had the audacity to claim your property was somebody else's...and based on your sign it was obvious you really didn't belong in the neighborhood...you probably would post something saying look at this jackass talking out of their ass.

It's just so weird to me because I would never be out on a walk and tell somebody to stop doing what they were doing. Even if I did know the person that lived on the corner lot was Sactowndog and the guy putting up a sign on that lot wasn't him.... I still wouldn't say anything and just assume that Sactowndog had given his permission.

So you know this guy?  How do you know he is gay?   

So what do you feel about neighbors looking out for other neighbors?   Yes she was wrong to lie but is it wrong to look out for your neighbors?   People talk about New York ignoring people being attacked?  If it were something important to you being tagged by a stranger would you want someone to say something?   Also, you have yet to comment on why your assumption about her is better than her assumption about him?   

The lying aside, watching out for your neighbors is a good thing.  Yes she should not have made an assumption about him and yet many attacking her are doing the same thing for which they are crucifying her.  

At the end of the day everyone has the right to be treated with respect, empathy and listening before being judged.   Doing the opposite even in the pursuit of a “just cause” does nothing to forward that cause.   It only sets it back.   

I appreciate you listening to my rant...   

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

So you know this guy?  How do you know he is gay?  

Probably he knows that because I posted that information two pages back in a reply after you commented that he is Asian. I mentioned that he self-identifies as a gay Filipino. Bay Area media has also stated he lives in the house with his husband.

From KPIX news in San Francisco.

Juanillo says he’s a proud gay Filipino who knows what discrimination feels like.

“This isn’t the first time I’ve experienced fear or even loathing that just kind of creeps out,” said Juanillo.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/06/14/black-lives-matter-pacific-heights-video-confronted-lisa-alexander-jaimetoons/

Unless it’s causing distress for you or someone else, it’s always best just to mind your phukking business. Stenciling BLM on a property that isn’t yours is the perfect thing to look at and keep it moving. 

That being said he wasn’t perfect in this situation either.

31 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Probably he knows that because I posted that information two pages back in a reply after you commented that he is Asian. I mentioned that he self-identifies as a gay Filipino. Bay Area media has also stated he lives in the house with his husband.

From KPIX news in San Francisco.

Thanks I missed that post.  Hard to keep up.

14 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Unless it’s causing distress for you or someone else, it’s always best just to mind your phukking business. Stenciling BLM on a property that isn’t yours is the perfect thing to look at and keep it moving. 

That being said he wasn’t perfect in this situation either.

Really so based by your line stealing is okay and just look away since no one is injured?   Just ignore it regardless?  I’m curious what the board consensus is around the moral standard here?   

by the way we largely agree neither of them were perfect but it’s an interesting moral question...

9 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Really so based by your line stealing is okay and just look away since no one is injured?   Just ignore it regardless?  I’m curious what the board consensus is around the moral standard here?   

by the way we largely agree neither of them were perfect but it’s an interesting moral question...

If I see someone stick a candy bar in their pocket I’m not gonna tell. None of my business.

11 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

If I see someone stick a candy bar in their pocket I’m not gonna tell. None of my business.

If it is a kid, I would do it just me and them.  Kids need to learn, but I wouldn't involve the police.  I would probably buy them the candy bar, actually.  I was young and broke before.

17 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If it is a kid, I would do it just me and them.  Kids need to learn, but I wouldn't involve the police.  I would probably buy them the candy bar, actually.  I was young and broke before.

My youngest some stole some rocks at a gift shop when we went to Albuquerque to watch the Pokes in their bowl game against Temple.  He was young and we didn’t find out until we got home.  We made him call the gift shop and tell them what he’d done and ask how much he owed them and then sent them the money.  I think he was 5 or maybe 6 at the time.   It was a learning experience for all of us because we didn’t think either of our boys would do something like that.  Very humbling to say the least!

8 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

My youngest some stole some rocks at a gift shop when we went to Albuquerque to watch the Pokes in their bowl game against Temple.  He was young and we didn’t find out until we got home.  We made him call the gift shop and tell them what he’d done and ask how much he owed them and then sent them the money.  I think he was 5 or maybe 6 at the time.   It was a learning experience for all of us because we didn’t think either of our boys would do something like that.  Very humbling to say the least!

I think you did the right thing.  Accountability starts young, but given the non-severity of it, no need to waste the police's time, and no reason to get the youth on police radar for something like that.  Correct em, and move on. :cheers:

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I had the same thought.  Not to mention if your kids are with you, you perhaps model an acceptance of stealing.  Better to model Grace.