Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

20 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

What we DO know is Biden can't possibly be worse.

And what I truly fear is that another four years of Trump could phuck this country up beyond repair - at least within our lifetimes.

So in your view, having less gov't intervention, less taxes, better trade deals, no foreign wars and a big focus on the economy is phucking up the country.   
But having gov't run your life, stifle business, let crime run amok, higher taxes, higher energy costs and lax immigration is the answer.  

maybe I’m too triggered by all of these recent events, but while driving down a small town main street yesterday I saw a billboard on a local business that read "We stand with and support law enforcement."

Typically, I would fine with and endorse that type of message, but considering the timing of it, reading that billboard made my blood boil. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’ve already contacted the business through email to let them know that I felt that message was in poor taste considering recent events. I’d like for them to realize they are alienating potential customers, but honestly I should probably just let it go.

Am I being too sensitive?

Just now, Del Scorcho said:

maybe I’m too triggered by all of these recent events, but while driving down a small town main street yesterday I saw a billboard on a local business that read "We stand with and support law enforcement."

Typically, I would fine with and endorse that type of message, but considering the timing of it, reading that billboard made my blood boil. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’ve already contacted the business through email to let them know that I felt that message was in poor taste considering recent events. I’d like for them to realize they are alienating potential customers, but honestly I should probably just let it go.

Am I being too sensitive?

I don't care much for cops period. But I support law enforcement vs the alternative.  But by and large the overwhelming majority of police officers I've encountered were actually good people.  
Police do need to be more accountable for their actions and not be allowed to get away with things such as abusing people, I think everyone agrees with this.  

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

I was hoping she was gonna turn bunker bitch into a mainstream thing.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:08 AM, pokerider said:

So in your view, having less gov't intervention, less taxes, better trade deals, no foreign wars and a big focus on the economy is phucking up the country.   
But having gov't run your life, stifle business, let crime run amok, higher taxes, higher energy costs and lax immigration is the answer.  

As I've said, I find it amazing how people like you among Trump's base can continue to support such a vile buffoon. But your priorities markedly differ from mine.

53 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The ϟϟ did a great job!

Is he trying to egg on protesters to put up a fight against the National Guard or police?

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I am more amused at the insistence of grouping protesters with all the negative than him using S.S.  I am guessing he can't spell secret or service.  Or perhaps not enough characters.

SS. SS, abbreviation of Schutzstaffel (German: “Protective Echelon”), the black-uniformed elite corps and self-described “political soldiers” of the Nazi Party.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, Warbow said:

SS. SS, abbreviation of Schutzstaffel (German: “Protective Echelon”), the black-uniformed elite corps and self-described “political soldiers” of the Nazi Party.

It also is an abbreviation for Secret Service, and Scout Sniper.  It could be he was too lazy to type it out.  I don't want to go to into the weeds on every little thing he says.

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It also is an abbreviation for Secret Service, and Scout Sniper.  It could be he was too lazy to type it out.  I don't want to go to into the weeds on every little thing he says.

and super sport

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.