Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Remember when people were worried that contact tracing could lead to civil liberty issues...like 2-3 weeks ago?  Here we are.  Already! 

Martial law is a-coming if some in our country get their way.

In Arizona the governor declared a statewide curfew for the next week. That makes no sense. Cities or counties seeing looting sure. But the entire state?

That is even more authoritarian than the coronavirus stay at home orders. Where does the governor think the looting will spread next, Del Webb's Sun City?

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

There are people now pushing a Russia conspiracy theory, as the cause for the looting and crimes we've seen the last few days?

2 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Why is who doing it now? Trumpians? The president of the United States, repeatedly? Because it is proven to be an effective deflection tool. Look, it worked on you!

Why are the various government sides making excuses, pushing conspiracy theories, and arguing that it is Russia, or "outside actors", etc that are causing all the problems?

They probably all have their motivations. 

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Martial law is a-coming if some in our country get their way.

In Arizona the governor declared a statewide curfew for the next week. That makes no sense. Cities or counties seeing looting sure. But the entire state?

That is even more authoritarian than the coronavirus stay at home orders. Where does the governor think the looting will spread next, Del Webb's Sun City?

The COVID-19 thing has all but been forgotten...

But it is a real concern.

19 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Live peacefully. Do no harm to others or their property. But those civilian folks don’t have badges and it is asking a lot of untrained people to step in and stop a riot. Not asking as much for a police officer who has sworn an oath to step in and stop an act of brutality. 

I agree, it's not the individual civilian's job to do the work of police. When a violent mob makes doing the job of police impossible, it becomes the responsibility of the mob to keep the peace. Continuing to populate that mob isn't the same as violence and looting, but it's not taking no part either. Making a heap of ashes and calling it peace is not peaceful protesting.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

They aren’t associated with BLM.  That was a local BLM leader complaining about it.  

Didn't seem like she was doing a lot of leading, although what she was saying was right and commendable. BLM has organizers, but not leaders. Anyone can join a grassroots movement if they believe in the cause, including Slavic Americans.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Why is who doing it now? Trumpians? The president of the United States, repeatedly? Because it is proven to be an effective deflection tool. Look, it worked on you!

I'm doing what now? Susan Rice, all the talk of Russian interference, the constant dribble of people trying to claim it's outside agitators. Try reading again, you're better than that. Im saying stop pinning the violence on outsiders because it's the people in the movement that legitimately believe the violence is justified, just like you do, doing the violence. That's not deflecting anything there bub. It's not my fault people don't want to own the violent radicals.

17 hours ago, toonkee said:

All Trump has done through this is blame democrats, blame "the left", play the victim, make thinly veiled racist statements and antagonize.

Cities are rioting and he's antagonizing the situation.  

Superman, save us.

Black Panther and Aquaman are more appropriate.

11 minutes ago, robe said:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/05/31/george-floyd-police-car-video-vpx.cnn

More video Floyd appears to be resisting arrest.  

With how calm the one cop is with his hands in his pockets, I'd say it's just as likely that they were beating the shit out of him in the back of the vehicle. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

With how calm the one cop is with his hands in his pockets, I'd say it's just as likely that they were beating the shit out of him in the back of the vehicle. 

I’m sure we will find out. Will the news report it.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

14 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Serious answer. It wouldn’t matter if Obama were President right now and he said the perfect cliche statements of unity that Biden has been making. It wouldn’t make one ounce of difference and you’re delusional if you think so. Obama had 8 years to improve unity, and there’s a lot of evidence that racial relations got worse in Obama’s time. I’m sorry, but feel good statements haven’t resolved shit in the past, and they never will. It takes much more than that.

You mean something like this, right?

trump meme gif of KAT and a crude cat drawing as a proud executive order signing moment edit

2 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Now THAT'S making America Great Again!

Let’s not rush to judgment. I’m sure, *checks notes,* bogdan vechirko, is a very common name in, *checks notes,* ostego, Minnesota.

Is this legit?

F3BE55A0-CBF3-40DF-B124-FF7A88B63A59.jpeg

the bottom is for the movie World War Z. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Let’s not rush to judgment. I’m sure, *checks notes,* bogdan vechirko, is a very common name in, *checks notes,* ostego, Minnesota.

Easy with the anti-immigrant rhetoric there bud.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Bumping cause it was buried last night. 

Nope! Call in the national guard!