Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

Just now, smltwnrckr said:

Everyone is convinced he's a murderer. And has be even been arraigned yet?

I'm not saying hes not a murderer. I'm saying as of right now  no one gives a shit about due process. That's never a good thing. 

The obvious reply to this is, did Mr. Floyd get due process for allegedly using a fake $20 bill? Our Ahmad Aubrey and so forth?

Just now, DoubleBlueGold said:

The obvious reply to this is, did Mr. Floyd get due process for allegedly using a fake $20 bill? Our Ahmad Aubrey and so forth?

No. They didn't. But it's the same as my argument that there is no such thing as good violence. There is no good outcome from abandoning due process. Period. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

No. They didn't. But it's the same as my argument that there is no such thing as good violence. There is no good outcome from abandoning due process. Period. 

Agree.

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

That’s how you do it. Vegas isn’t fvcking around. 

Lol, very brave of them. I think they may even have numbers on the protesters. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Real tough cop here. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

Everyone is convinced he's a murderer. And has be even been arraigned yet?

I'm not saying hes not a murderer. I'm saying as of right now  no one gives a shit about due process. That's never a good thing. 

Public opinion is still not the courts.  He is getting his due process.  

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

At least they’re being respectful and wearing masks.

Notice how the narrative changed from people talking down on those who don't social distance to now all of a sudden supporting mass group protests?  

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Notice how the narrative changed from people talking down on those who don't social distance to now all of a sudden supporting mass group protests?  

Hmmm...protesting in mass b/c you want "a haircut", "drink at the bar",  and "harass the waitresses while eating at Hooters" is legitimate grounds for "talking down".

24 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Now that is funny coming from a kid that has to click the idiot button on every post he doesn’t like.

That's what you do, pendejo. Still trying hard.