Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

6 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

When the state actively sows distrust and lack of buy-in to the social contract via violent oppression, this is the inevitable result. 

Enters into a "social contract" with the most corrupt and racist organization to ever exist in any of our lifetimes. Then complains about that organization's corruption and racism. 

In other news, youngrebfan expressed shock and dismay when his pet viper bit him. #ReapWhatYouSow

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

2 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Enters into a "social contract" with the most corrupt and racist organization to ever exist in any of our lifetimes.

What's the Augusta National Golf Club got to do with this?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

The term irritates the hell out of me. Might as well change Chicano/Chicana to Chicanx too while their at it. Phuck it, let’s just change the entire Spanish language.

Yea the term really annoys me too. I never understood why the people that started this bullshit didn’t just try to popularize the term Latin. 

36 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Enters into a "social contract" with the most corrupt and racist organization to ever exist in any of our lifetimes. Then complains about that organization's corruption and racism. 

In other news, youngrebfan expressed shock and dismay when his pet viper bit him. #ReapWhatYouSow

you're just a leech dude. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Lots of rhetoric flying around, but how long will it take before there is any “change that we can believe in”? 

Hit the nail on the head.  The self proclaimed " Party of Morality and Minorities" have been lying to their constituents for 3 generations that change is coming.    It hasn't happened, no wonder cities burn when this crap happens. Minorities are pissed.

12 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea the term really annoys me too. I never understood why the people that started this bullshit didn’t just try to popularize the term Latin. 

I asked my sister that. She uses Latinx all the time. She says using Latin brings up negative feelings about the Roman Empire and it’s imperialism, and it would also encompass Italians, Portuguese, French, and Romanian people.  I almost fell out of my chair laughing when she said it. Never mind the fact that the Spanish Language has its roots in Latin and the Roman Empire. 

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

As someone who works at a school in a community that's 80% Hispanic, I see it every phucking day. I think we will have to agree to disagree on this because we are going in circles.   

Then you're in the front line to help end disparities. Or what you called "tribalism bullshit.".

Not true.

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

you said do do...

Haha. I realized what I typed after I jumped in my car.  That's what happens when you rush it. (<--- more haha. Get it?)

The term irritates the hell out of me. Might as well change Chicano/Chicana to Chicanx too while their at it. Phuck it, let’s just change the entire Spanish language.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

do you know why they went with the consonant abortion of an x when they could have just used a non gendered vowel like e or i and like have it actually pronounceable in Spanish? 

I get the feeling that "wypipo" academics are behind it. Just like when it was decided to teach Spanish Castellano instead of Mexican and/or  Puerto Rican Spanish, but went with "American" English instruction instead of Anglo English.

I kid, I kid, but would not be surprised if it is true.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

Side question since I have only ever seen it in writing. Is it pronounced Latin-X? Because I agree that is so much more effort to say.

Sí.

40 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I asked my sister that. She uses Latinx all the time. She says using Latin brings up negative feelings about the Roman Empire and it’s imperialism, and it would also encompass Italians, Portuguese, French, and Romanian people.  I almost fell out of my chair laughing when she said it. Never mind the fact that the Spanish Language has its roots in Latin and the Roman Empire. 

My quick take on it is that it's part of the new, or reborned, womens movement. In which Latinas are more vocal now. 

Speaking of women, I now see it written as womxn too.

47 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Wait what?!  you call your own sister a phucktard???

Mississippi has entered the ring.

Hold My Beer Bikes GIF by The Bike Haven

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

you're just a leech dude. 

Just so we're clear, I'm criticizing the thugs who shake YOU down for half or more of your compensation, but I'm the "leech".

"Millenial" must be an old chumash word for "gets every single thing bass ackwards".

3 hours ago, sean327 said:

How so? In the end we threw the chains of monarchy off and founded a Republic. To me that’s making the situation better. It was only worse if you were a Loyalist.

Because the British responded with the coercion acts which leads directly to a brutal war as hostilities break out before efforts at conciliation can bear fruit. There is no guarunteed happy ending at that point, one seems highly unlikely in fact. They were all still loyalists the following year at the first continental convention, including Sam Adams. We got our republic in the end, but it cost a lot more than a couple hundred chests of tea.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

she isn't aware that it is short for latinoamerican? 

27 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Just so we're clear, I'm criticizing the thugs who shake YOU down for half or more of your compensation, but I'm the "leech".

"Millenial" must be an old chumash word for "gets every single thing bass ackwards".

you live in civilization and enjoy all of its benefits and then proclaim yourself above it. You're a leech. Or, if you prefer, a welfare queen.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

27 minutes ago, happycamper said:

she isn't aware that it is short for latinoamerican? 

you live in civilization and enjoy all of its benefits and then proclaim yourself above it. You're a leech. Or, if you prefer, a welfare queen.

I'm not above anything, I'm under God not government. 

Put your faith in him instead of some tyrant and maybe you'll learn fact from fiction one day kartbeforethehorsecamper