Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

7 minutes ago, Bob said:

Not sure you want to go into the hole of "groups and their statistics"

Let's go there, I'd love to see you expose yourself.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

28 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

And then take away their war toys and war tactics. Enforcing the law and waging war are different things. 

You mean this shit?

0*tfoX2HDCQ3ORr7bQ.

bearcat-boston-police-concord-copblock.j

Tank-Peacemaker.jpg

Cover-Militarized-Police-Armored-Vehicle

laura-conaway3324F05B-DDAE-22F4-5173-E93

Doraville-GA-Police.png

courtesy-mediacriminaljustice.blogspot.c

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 5/28/2020 at 11:09 AM, mugtang said:

There are good cops out there.  I’ve known many throughout my lifetime.  But the good cops protect the bad cops because of the “brotherhood” of being in law enforcement.  That shit needs to stop and if good cops are going to continue protecting the bad ones, they’re all bad cops. 

we need public lynching's again, only for bad cops.  that would stop their antics

how many good looking women have been pulled over by cops on purpose?????  

On 5/28/2020 at 10:35 AM, pokerider said:

No I think the Democratic run city of Minneapolis caused this to happen.  But its typical to try and blame Trump for the violence going on in these liberal cities. 

This was bad for the cop to simply knee him down and keep it there after he was in cuffs.  It was police brutality and cops that simply have disregard for lives of others.  It may be that he used excessive force because the guy was black but it is more a police being over aggressive.  I think its wrong to simply call it racist because the cop was white.  I've personally seen cops beat a white guy before.  This cop should also face charges for excessive deadly force or manslaughter though. 

so if you stole 20$ you deserve to die?  man your messed up. 

trump deserves to have his neck stepped on

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'm NOT saying George Floyd deserved to die. The cop IS a murderer. I don't think cops should kill, period. I think if they must shoot at people at all it should be at the legs. Very, very rarely is there a situation that anyone should be killed by a policeman.  That's how I feel. Just to clear the air. And I generally don't like them and find them to usually be a certain type of person that I don't usually like 

Black people are 2.5x more likely to be killed by police. That's sad. Truly. However, people act according to their biases.  Black people commit crime at an astonishing rate compared to other races. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-43 I'm not saying that this justifies ANYTHING. It doesn't. Change needs to happen in our policing. 

I like how you hid it in there. Inventive!

I wonder if white-constructed ghettoes, systemic poverty, lack of opportunity, and intense policing in confined urban areas have anything to do with that. What is your opinion on why, in your words, "Black people commit crime at an astonishing rate compared to other races," Bob? 

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

12 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

we need public lynching's again, only for bad cops.  that would stop their antics

how many good looking women have been pulled over by cops on purpose?????  

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more out there like Daniel Holtzclaw, serial police rapist. 

49 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

It would lead to less of these. And qualified immunity is never going away, nor is the inherent difficulty of prosecuting police. End the war on drugs and end all combat training and federal programs that give combat gear to cops. That is the best start imo.

Take a bow, you have won the MWCBoard for today.

ryan gosling clap GIF

41 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This isn’t just a law enforcement issue. It’s a racial issue. Yes, confrontations with police are the most visible and often violent front. But the greater problem can’t just be washed away with fewer laws. Because it’s also the teacher who believes the white kid over the black kid when it is the white kid who is lying. It’s the liberal upper middle woman who calls the cops on the black birder, or clutching her purse when a young black man walks by. It’s laws that say crack is worse than cocaine, and it’s discriminatory lending practices that quietly put the “American Dream” out of reach. It’s the mass distortion of an act of peaceful protest by “thugs,” labeling it as Anti-American, only to wonder why “those thugs” can’t get their point across more peacefully after a city erupts in violence. It’s the belief that reverse racism is the real problem, and politicians who exploit that belief.

What is going on this week was sparked by apparent, egregious police abuse. But that is a symptom to a much larger problem.

Any and all laws or regulations intended to solve any of those problems will either perpetuate them or make them worse. Mark my words. 

Fewer laws is the best start. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

Any and all laws or regulations intended to solve any of those problems will either perpetuate them or make them worse. Mark my words. 

Fewer laws is the best start. 

Fewer laws is bumper sticker solution to an incredibly complicated problem. In many cases you’re right. But Anti-segregation and anti-discrimination laws have helped. We’re unquestionably better off than in the 1940s because of them. 

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

True...and yet I find more measured and nuanced conversations here than most places.

I meant those are examples of good violence 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

22 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

I wonder if white-constructed ghettoes, systemic poverty, lack of opportunity, and intense policing in confined urban areas have anything to do with that. What is your opinion on why, in your words, "Black people commit crime at an astonishing rate compared to other races," Bob? 

The sheets are about to come off

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

14 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

I’m curious why it’s always either or.  

At what point do we have more black leaders standing up like Killer Mike and saying the looting has to stop?   Instead we have Morons like Sharpton saying stop the looting of black owned stores.  So if the store is white owned it’s okay to loot it?  If Target has a program to put stores in underserved communities they should be penalized for it?   The excuse making by intelligent black leaders has to stop.   

And yes, we absolutely need a society that provides equal opportunity for all.   We absolutely need criminal justice reform.  We need statewide investigation of police misconduct because police leaders can’t be trusted.  People are ready for change.  But it won’t happen if the excuse making in the black community doesn’t stop.  It’s every bit as much of a hinderance as the systematic shit that needs to be fixed.  

We need more men of integrity like Tony Dungy

F708A8E1-DF2E-4CCD-899B-C2405E86E430.png

4 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Social Justice Keyboard Warriors crack me up.

I get the impression none of you have ever stepped foot in a "court" room, let alone have any stake in these "trials", commercial transactions.

Too bad George Floyd never had his day in court. Your blue buddy made sure to deny him due process. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Social Justice Keyboard Warriors crack me up.

I get the impression none of you have ever stepped foot in a "court" room, let alone have any stake in these "trials", commercial transactions.

You have some seriously deep-seated psychological issues.