Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

3 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

Surely you are not suggesting that Christians turn to the Democrats.  A huge portion of the party is "offended" by nearly all christian values that do not involve government wealth redistribution.

What Christian values do they find offensive?

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

That's interesting. I'm not arguing with you, just that I find that hard for me to do. I view politics very much through the prism of my faith. That doesn't mean using politics as a means to force my faith on others, and it doesn't mean that it is my only guidance in politics. Just that general values that I hold because of my Catholicism — advocacy for the poor, protection of the oppressed, etc. — very much inform my politics. 

Your values don’t just come from your Catholic upbringing though, your values are are proof that you’re a decent human being. I know plenty of Catholics who are shitty humans.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

I think he's forgetting that African Americans and Latinos tend to be pretty religious. White Christians probably  have a pretty strong Republican bias, but maybe I'm just generalizing

2 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I think he's forgetting that African Americans and Latinos tend to be pretty religious. White Christians probably  have a pretty strong Republican bias, but maybe I'm just generalizing

Interesting that you should mention that...

r0Xs8bA.png

12 minutes ago, sean327 said:

We’ve chosen a side. The Libertarian side. Why is it so hard for you to understand that? Sticking to your principles is more noble than choosing the lesser of two evils.

Is it?  Really, always?

To stretch a point to make a point...  would have not voting to stop Hitler and voting for a third party been more noble than keeping Hitler from coming to power?   Waiting until they cause genocide is a poor line because by then it is already too late.   Nobody in Germany knew about death camps, but they damn well knew what kind of person Hitler was.  In fact, German school kids are taught at an early age now to recognize the signs so they never make that mistake again.

So are you saying you have no line?  I find that hard to believe for you or @BSUTOP25 as both of you are clearly good people.    

18 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I don't see a problem with your religious beliefs and stance on the 2nd Amemdment either.  My point is when does stopping Trump become more important than having a President who doesn't match your 2nd Amendment rights?  I am assuming some point exists and you wouldn't allow a Hitler to continue (i am not saying Trump is Hitler).   In your case, as an Arizona resident it is actually an important question, where as @BSUTOP25 it is merely a theoretical argument.

The Second Amendment is not the only reason we vote Libertarian you batshit crazy lunatic. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

I agree.  It is curious that some fall for it.  It does not change that he publicly champions values that most Christians agree with.  Values you would never hear a Democrat trumpet because it would upset the delicate balance of their political apple cart. 

Once again, what "values" are you talking about? A few examples, please.

@edluvar, @sebasour, @renoskier, @Mano, @crixus, @SJSUMFA2013, @bsu_alum9, @son of a gun, @tspoke, @NVGiant, @Akkula, @Rocket, @NevadaFan, @Spaztecs, @retrofade,@youngrebelfan40, @happycamper, @toonkee, @Rocket, @IanforHeisman etc.— I don’t believe Biden can beat Trump in the Electoral College. The best way to remove Trump from office will be for you all, and all of your contact network, to join with the Libertarians and vote for Jo Jorgensen. Together we can bring down Trump! Thanks to @sactowndog for this line of reasoning! 

10 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The Second Amendment is not the only reason we vote Libertarian you batshit crazy lunatic. 

I am not questioning why you vote Libertarian and in your case living in Mass it doesn't really matter if you do.   It is interesting at what point is a line drawn.  Are you going to tell me there is no line?

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Once again, what "values" are you talking about? A few example, please.

The only religious "value", which is a dumb word by the way, I don't agree with as a secular person, is using your mythology to make or enforce policy, or to hold it opposite or equal to reason or the scientific method, although I do concede that many laws are based in ethics and morality and that line can get blurry. But no, I don't want prayer or religious symbols, or any religious material in public schools. Knock yourself out with it on your own time though. I've grown to respect what religion can provide the soul and recognize it can be something that gets you through the night in this universe.  

1 minute ago, sactowndog said:

I am not questioning why you vote Libertarian and in your case living in Mass it doesn't really matter if you do.   It is interesting at what point is a line drawn.  Are you going to tell me there is no line?

I wouldn’t vote for Biden or Trump if you put a gun to my head. 

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I don’t believe Biden can beat Trump in the Electoral College. The best way to remove Trump from office will be for you all, and all of your contact network, to join with the Libertarians and vote for Jo Jorgensen. Together we can bring down Trump! Thanks to @sactowndog for this line of reasoning! 

Nah I'm good

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@edluvar, @sebasour, @renoskier, @Mano, @crixus, @SJSUMFA2013, @bsu_alum9, @son of a gun, @tspoke, @NVGiant, @Akkula, @Rocket, @NevadaFan, @Spaztecs, @retrofade,@youngrebelfan40, @happycamper, @toonkee, @Rocket, @IanforHeisman etc.— I don’t believe Biden can beat Trump in the Electoral College. The best way to remove Trump from office will be for you all, and all of your contact network, to join with the Libertarians and vote for Jo Jorgensen. Together we can bring down Trump! Thanks to @sactowndog for this line of reasoning! 

I actually tried this approach last election and the Libertarian's didn't even reach the federal threshholds much to my dismay.  They are running a weaker candidate this time.  Largely because I suspect Amash looked at the poll numbers and agreed with me.

1 minute ago, sean327 said:

Your values don’t just come from your Catholic upbringing though, your values are are proof that you’re a decent human being. I know plenty of Catholics who are shitty humans.

Well, thank you. And there is truth to what you say. Religious teachings mean nothing if it falls on deaf ears. We are men of free will.

Also, bad Catholics?! You have to be kidding me! ... (Quietly remembers the movie Spotlight). ... Uh, you may have a point. 

Just now, sactowndog said:

I actually tried this approach last election and the Libertarian's didn't even reach the federal threshholds much to my dismay.  They are running a weaker candidate this time.  Largely because I suspect Amash looked at the poll numbers and agreed with me.

Yeah, so all you Dems just need to become Libertarians so we can beat Trump with Jorgensen!

6 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Who?