Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s pretty simple with me. I disagree with some things regarding Trump, but I see Democrats as a worse alternative. Unfortunately, no independent candidate has a chance. 

That’s fine, go with your own conviction. My vote won’t go to Trump because I hate Biden, and it won’t go to Biden because I hate Trump. I’m thankful there isn’t some batshit crazy lunatic in charge who would force us to do shit like that. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

The original context was Christians and Trump and how they are all fooled by him.  Apparently you all don't really believe that then.

I don't think anyone said that all Christians are fooled by Trump. But some are definitely blind to him.

32 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I'm 100% for sweeping LEO reforms, but I don't think the current riots in MN and some tacticool dipshits wanting to get haircuts are really comparable. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this is a fair take.

although i express extreme doubt that the characterization of black protestors -- NOT looters because there are incidents of both -- will be given the same character treatment and nuance that people give to white cops and michigan protestors

On 5/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, youngrebelfan40 said:

No, people being violent and breaking windows and robbing businesses has led to real social change throughout American history. 

Now, in a vacuum, these things are wrong, but sometimes circumstances dictate a break in public order when that public order is putting its knee on your neck.

The problem with this statement is those communities already have a problem attracting businesses to server their needs.  Places like Target made an attempt to put stores close by and now it has been destroyed.   Yes, people are rightfully angry, yes the MF cop should be tried and executed for a hate crime in my opinion, but no it doesn't give you the right to destroy your own community because you can't appropriately control your emotions.  Black leaders need to stop condoning this shit because all it does it makes the lives of black people harder because businesses have to account for it.  Trump needs to shut the +++++ up and the Governor needs to get out of his ivory tower and let the people scream at him directly.  

24 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That’s fine, go with your own conviction. My vote won’t go to Trump because I hate Biden, and it won’t go to Biden because I hate Trump. I’m thankful there isn’t some batshit crazy lunatic in charge who would force us to do shit like that. 

Calling out your hypocrisy isn't exactly forcing you to do anything.  It may make you mad and resort to name calling but I am not forcing any action.  You have made a compelling case about the Trump as an authoritarian and as straight out evil.   Just because I ask what is next and question why then you would stand by the side and do effectively nothing by no means infers I am making you do anything. 

If he wasn’t a cop and was literally caught on video murdering somebody, he would have been arrested that same day. I’ll be “outraged” at the rioters after the justice system does its fckin job.

45 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s pretty simple with me. I disagree with some things regarding Trump, but I see Democrats as a worse alternative. Unfortunately, no independent candidate has a chance. 

I voted libertarian last time in the hope they would meet the thresh holds to qualify for federal funding and be included in the debates.  Sadly they didn't even come close.   Trump has managed to polarize the electorate even more since then and I would guess very little could happen between now and then which will change people's opinion.  I would guess 95% of the electorate already knows how they will vote and it is just a matter of turnout.

9 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

this is a fair take.

although i express extreme doubt that the characterization of black protestors -- NOT looters because there are incidents of both -- will be given the same character treatment and nuance that people give to white cops and michigan protestors

No, make the distinction because looting is the key difference. There's footage of people of all races doing it, so it's not racial. But the looting and vandalism is what demarcates the two protests, whatever one thinks of the justness of their cause.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Calling out your hypocrisy isn't exactly forcing you to do anything.  It may make you mad and resort to name calling but I am not forcing any action.  You have made a compelling case about the Trump as an authoritarian and as straight out evil.   Just because I ask what is next and question why then you would stand by the side and do effectively nothing by no means infers I am making you do anything. 

There is NO hypocrisy you batshit crazy lunatic. Zero. In fact, it would be hypocritical to abandon my convictions to vote for an old senile authoritarian racist sex offender like your cock throb Biden. BIDEN IS NOT A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO TRUMP. JFC

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

I think you missed the context which was about 3 pages ago so I understand why.

BSUTop25 posted a tweet about Trump and slammed Christians who supported such a non Christian person who did many evil things.

He got slammed a bit and I defended his comment saying it is a discussion that should be occurring in Christian communities and if fact was a discussion my sister and I had last weekend.

In my post, I commented that many on the right may be selling their souls over the abortion debate and as I was typing I was struck by how similar that fact was to BSUTop25's absolute position on gun rights.  Given he started the comment of Christianity and opposing Trump I had to call out the irony.   You just got lumped in given you hold a similar philosophy.   Probably not completely fair on my part as you never called out Christians.

I call them out all the time for their support of the President. I haven’t done it here, but I’ve done it with my friends and family. I don’t see any conflict with my religious beliefs and my stance on the 2nd Amendment either. We have a God given right to protect ourselves and our families. So again your premise is wrong.

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

There is NO hypocrisy you batshit crazy lunatic. Zero. In fact, it would be hypocritical to abandon my convictions to vote for an old senile authoritarian racist sex offender like your cock throb Biden. BIDEN IS NOT A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO TRUMP. JFC

I haven't ever yet voted for Biden in my life.  My vote is hardly a pro Biden vote.  It is strictly an anti-Trump vote.   

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Sometimes someone is so despicable you are forced to chose a side.   I think you have done an excellent job of making that case about Trump.

We’ve chosen a side. The Libertarian side. Why is it so hard for you to understand that? Sticking to your principles is more noble than choosing the lesser of two evils.

2 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I haven't ever yet voted for Biden in my life.  My vote is hardly a pro Biden vote.  It is strictly an anti-Trump vote.   

Great, go ahead and whore your vote out. I don’t give a shit. But I also don’t believe you will vote anything other than straight down the Democrat side of your ballot. 

2 minutes ago, sean327 said:

We’ve chosen a side. The Libertarian side. Why is it so hard for you to understand that? Sticking to your principles is more noble than choosing the lesser of two evils.

Good luck trying to convince the lunatic who would gleefully break down our front doors and execute us.

1 minute ago, sean327 said:

I call them out all the time for their support of the President. I haven’t done it here, but I’ve done it with my friends and family. I don’t see any conflict with my religious beliefs and my stance on the 2nd Amendment either. We have a God given right to protect ourselves and our families. So again your premise is wrong.

I don't see a problem with your religious beliefs and stance on the 2nd Amemdment either.  My point is when does stopping Trump become more important than having a President who doesn't match your 2nd Amendment rights?  I am assuming some point exists and you wouldn't allow a Hitler to continue (i am not saying Trump is Hitler).   In your case, as an Arizona resident it is actually an important question, where as @BSUTOP25 it is merely a theoretical argument.