Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sean327

Nationwide Protest and civil unrest game thread

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I read the link.

I'm just trying to figure out you unintelligible post.

You mean my (your) unintelligible post.  Well I copied the direct quote from the man stating the intent of white supremacists to infiltrate police.  Assuming you believe him, and I have no reason not to, a portion of cops could in fact be racists.  

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, sactowndog said:

You mean my (your) unintelligible post.  

Well I copied the direct quote from the man stating the intent of white supremacists to infiltrate police.  Assuming you believe him, and I have no reason not to, a portion of cops could in fact be racists.  

Yes, exactly. 

Thank you for admitting that your post was entirely unintelligible.

What percentage of cops are racist?  Throw out a percentage.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Yes, exactly. 

Thank you for admitting that your post was entirely unintelligible.

What percentage of cops are racist?  Throw out a percentage.

Another snipe hunt from you.  

I was merely stating that some real racists could well have infiltrated police forces.  Your intent to justify behavior with other motivations may be inaccurate.   But you spew lots of characterizations of things with limited basis in fact these days.   

It’s absolutely disgusting what these police officers did, I hope the one is charged for murder. 

Why didn’t this get its own topic, two African American Chicago cops shot a white subject twice because he jumped the train gates...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1150391

8 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

It’s absolutely disgusting what these police officers did, I hope the one is charged for murder. 

Why didn’t this get its own topic, two African American Chicago cops shot a white subject twice because he jumped the train gates...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1150391

Whataboutism.

Fact is it happens way more frequently to black men from non black cops. Why do people like this Karen throw around "African American" to describe someone to elicit a different police response to help her? 

I think, therefore I'm.

8 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Whataboutism.

Fact is it happens way more frequently to black men from non black cops. Why do people like this Karen throw around "African American" to describe someone to elicit a different police response to help her? 

It’s not a “whataboutism,” there’s a problem wether it be white/black/brown/purple with how police respond.  

Every single abuse of force case should be screamed out to the masses.  You subjecting my linked case just shows that there is a major issue.  

Just now, tailingpermit said:

It’s not a “whataboutism,” there’s a problem wether it be white/black/brown/purple with how police respond.  

Every single abuse of force case should be screamed out to the masses.  You subjecting my linked case just shows that there is a major issue.  

I absolutely agree with you and I'm outraged by the story you shared. I guess I thought you were implying something else by bringing it up a different case of cops murdering people.

I think, therefore I'm.

3 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

I absolutely agree with you and I'm outraged by the story you shared. I guess I thought you were implying something else by bringing it up a different case of cops murdering people.

I just simply want the same outrage regardless of race/color when the police abuse of force happens.  

I doubt the linked case would’ve made national news had the subject died.  

7 hours ago, Slapdad said:

You’re assuming that white criminals don’t suffer the same fate...it happens all the time, but the media doesn’t run it. There are a lot of layers to this (these) situations that often aren’t parsed out. The video doesn’t show what leads up to this point, but the Asian officer says that they had been trying to get him in the car for 10 minutes. I could see during that struggle, having a knee to the neck, but once he’s in cuffs, there should be no need for it other than the office is pissed and wants to make this guy pay. 

Now we have the riots, which are becoming violent, which will only ratchet tensions up. What a mess. 

You seriously think these incidents are proportional between white and black suspects? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

I just simply want the same outrage regardless of race/color when the police abuse of force happens.  

I'm your huckleberry. 

I was outraged when those militant +++++ cops needlessly murdered Jack Yantis by shooting him 12 times outside of Council, Idaho. 

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You seriously think these incidents are proportional between white and black suspects? 

This, right here.

7 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

It is outrageous, regardless of skin color. Hell, there was thread on here talking about the outrageousness of Ruby Ridge and David Koresh just a couple of weeks ago. But pretending as if this happens to white people with the same frequency as it does to black men does nobody any good. Clearly there is a racial component here, and that should not be ignored. 

8 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Whataboutism.

And boom...in a day she's fired by her company.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/26/862230724/white-woman-who-called-police-on-black-bird-watcher-in-central-park-placed-on-le

NBC just put up footage from a security camera that shows the entire encounter up to the officer putting his knee on the guys neck. Dude was compliant the entire time. He didn’t resist. He was trying to plead his case, but there is absolutely nothing on the new footage to justify what the cops did. I’m having a hard time linking it, so if someone could help out there I’d appreciate it.

1 minute ago, sean327 said:

NBC just put up footage from a security camera that shows the entire encounter up to the officer putting his knee on the guys neck. Dude was compliant the entire time. He didn’t resist. He was trying to plead his case, but there is absolutely nothing on the new footage to justify what the cops did. I’m having a hard time linking it, so if someone could help out there I’d appreciate it.

Guilty until proven innocent. If you don't get murdered in the meantime.

I think, therefore I'm.

7 minutes ago, sean327 said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/27/surveillance-footage-before-george-floyd-killed-minneapolis-not-resisting/

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

22 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I think if you don’t act to stop your partner you need to have some criminal liability.  Otherwise the shit will continue. 

22 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Accomplice could be fair too.  If a group of four friends are at a bar, and one gets in a fight and kills a man while the other three not only don't stop their friend but make it so no one else can stop it, what would happen?  Even in a citizens arrest this would probably be four people getting charged.

It wouldn't break my heart to see them all do some time but the guy that killed him ... thats the one you drop the hammer on.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:57 PM, DoubleBlueGold said:

I can't express to you, without vulgarities, how upset I was after seeing that this morning. The officer with a his hand in his pocket with a smug look on his face during the entire recording. It was very normal to him. I will presume he's done it before. What made me more upset is seeing this after seeing the Amy "Karen" Cooper Central park video.

My presumption was correct.

25 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

My presumption was correct.

Sadly, this is pretty typical. 

The percentage of actual psychopaths and nutcases in police forces is probably pretty small, but the cowards who stick to the blue wall of silence make up most of the rest. They may not be out there busting heads and looking to kill people, but they enable those who do, and and punish those who speak out. They are just as guilty. 

This guy would have been fired already, and never in this situation if police departments were held accountable.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

3 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Sadly, this is pretty typical. 

The percentage of actual psychopaths and nutcases in police forces is probably pretty small, but the cowards who stick to the blue wall of silence make up most of the rest. They may not be out there busting heads and looking to kill people, but they enable those who do, and and punish those who speak out. They are just as guilty. 

This guy would have been fired already, and never in this situation if police departments were held accountable.

100% agree with this.