Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Predict BSU's 2020 W/L Record

Just now, Ibanez said:

10-2.

Harsin always loses one he shouldn't. And this year I just think we are rebuilding a little too much in the front seven on Defense and our O-line on offense. Plus Shakir is the only returning WR that doesn't seem to disappear for several weeks during the year.

I feel like Florida St, BYU, and Wyoming just look like better teams on paper and SJSU and Colorado St are improving. Georgia Southern and Air Force and their option will be a pain in the ass and Air Force has been our biggest adversary in conference play that's on the schedule. and they might find it hard to get motivated to go into Huntington for a game which could be trouble.

If I had to pick the two we will lose right now it would be BYU and Wyoming.

Don't put that shit on us, Ricky Bobby!!

New-Signature.jpg

27 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

10-2.

Harsin always loses one he shouldn't. And this year I just think we are rebuilding a little too much in the front seven on Defense and our O-line on offense. Plus Shakir is the only returning WR that doesn't seem to disappear for several weeks during the year.

I feel like Florida St, BYU, and Wyoming just look like better teams on paper and SJSU and Colorado St are improving. Georgia Southern and Air Force and their option will be a pain in the ass and Air Force has been our biggest adversary in conference play that's on the schedule. and they might find it hard to get motivated to go into Huntington for a game which could be trouble.

If I had to pick the two we will lose right now it would be BYU and Wyoming.

Right number.  Idiotic "write up"

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I’m always a complete homer this time of year. 15-0. Yeah, I said it.

After I get a copy of Phil Steele and read about the competition I might temper my expectations.

:drunkards:

Someone knows wtf's going on around here...

Otherwise, Harsin, it'll be the box with you!!! 

Seriously, Harsin needs to quit shitting on the inside of the bed - at least get the shit outside the covers and onto the floor...

New-Signature.jpg

Let's see:

Georgia Southern - this is why proctologists and general surgeons exist...  Going to need expert hands dealing with the extraction process...

@ AF - gigantic win, perhaps the worse beatings AF will have ever received in Falcon Stadium - 60+ points..  Just kidding, should be a good game.

Florida State  - one of those games you just know we end up winning in the end..

@ Marshal - We win or Harsin gets Gaddfied at mid-field....

Joser - Let's just chalk this up as a win and move forward. 

Choo Choo - I think they cannot; one day, maybe - one day...

@ Hawaii - Nothing but love for our Hawaiian brothers, but I think we'll pull this one out..

UNLV - Yeah... that's gonna go ahead and be a victory; UNLV fans will blame Dave Rice....

BYU - Now here's an interesting match up!!  Harsin's urge to shit inside his bed will be very strong in this one, and I'd say we might want to put something down on his matress now, but the realist in me knows that BYU just can't hang with us big dogs on the Blue!!!

@ UNM - We're gonna go down there, give it the old college try, and emerge unscathed, again...

@ Wyoming - Here's another classic trap game; this one's VERY dangerous.  You see, Wyoming's poop and pee uniforms will really play with Harsin's subliminal need to take that bed-time shit...  It'll be close, and I'll be he even sharts in his pants, but BSU wins, yet again!

CSU - Win, unless they decide not to play us considering they'll be knee-deep into B12 play at that point...

So there you have it....

a470e0b0-8a4c-11ea-af7e-097b4bbf0183

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

OK. Explain why it's an idiotic write up.

Duuude, don't just soft-ball 'em in there like that......

0627cafc58af09dc57db255635378d7a.jpg

You gotta start firing back with the prototypical quips involving you having sex with your fellow poster's mother, sister, wife, or even their grandmama - that's the ticket... 

It's a basic formula here: get blasted, then fire back with a joke about railing the poster's mother who wasn't just fat, but ugly too.  Then, just sit back and laugh, while knowing you're now MWCboarding like a seasoned vet..

New-Signature.jpg

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

OK. Explain why it's an idiotic write up.

Wyoming just had their entire defensive staff gutted and are losing Wilson who was the best LB in the conference, a beast in Malui and their best backup Wisdorf at the second level.  They also lose Halliburton and and Hall.  They also lose the other Hall, their best pas rusher in a defense that struggled at times to get to the QB.  Wyoming's defense is a huge question mark given the quality of players they need to replace and losing the entire defensive coaching staff.  They return a lot on offensive but that unit really struggled, so how much does that mean?  They performed well on offense one year under Bohl and that is when they had a first round QB, and NFL RB, some great talent on the O-line, an NFL WR and TE.  While Wyoming overall returns slightly more than Boise, there was a 4 win gap.  In no rational universe do they look better on paper.

BYU is losing it's top 3 WR's and their top 2 mediocre RB's are both injured.  They do not have defensive play makers on the DL.  Boise is on paper better in every way.  We lost a tight one on the road when Chase had to play.  BYU simply will not have the offensive power to to get into anything remotely resembling a shoot out.  Our WR's were running wide open on them last year, Chase just could not hit them.  

Your observation on our WR's is retarded.  Shakir is a star, and CT Thomas returns.  We have recruited the position incredibly well.  We have 9-10 guys that would start for most MWC teams.

6 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Well done.

I would argue there are a few unknowns with your comments such as the BSU WR's and a few other areas. But your argument is sound. I thought BYU out performed us in every way last year. And I'm not gonna watch it again to remind myself.

But again. Well done. We shall see. (Hopefully)

Was that so hard?

You really should watch the BYU game again and focus on our WR's.  They were open all day, Chase just had a horrible game in the cold.  Bach starting wins that game by 2 TD's.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wyoming just had their entire defensive staff gutted and are losing Wilson who was the best LB in the conference, a beast in Malui and their best backup Wisdorf at the second level.  They also lose Halliburton and and Hall.  They also lose the other Hall, their best pas rusher in a defense that struggled at times to get to the QB.  Wyoming's defense is a huge question mark given the quality of players they need to replace and losing the entire defensive coaching staff.  They return a lot on offensive but that unit really struggled, so how much does that mean?  They performed well on offense one year under Bohl and that is when they had a first round QB, and NFL RB, some great talent on the O-line, an NFL WR and TE.  While Wyoming overall returns slightly more than Boise, there was a 4 win gap.  In no rational universe do they look better on paper.

BYU is losing it's top 3 WR's and their top 2 mediocre RB's are both injured.  They do not have defensive play makers on the DL.  Boise is on paper better in every way.  We lost a tight one on the road when Chase had to play.  BYU simply will not have the offensive power to to get into anything remotely resembling a shoot out.  Our WR's were running wide open on them last year, Chase just could not hit them.  

Your observation on our WR's is retarded.  Shakir is a star, and CT Thomas returns.  We have recruited the position incredibly well.  We have 9-10 guys that would start for most MWC teams.

Top backup at LB was Chad Muma....who has a couple starts under his belt.   Not a lot of experience after Muma, but some good looking prospects.   Wyoming only starts two linebackers. Hall and Halliburton will be tough to replace.   Wyoming does return C.J. Colden, a two year starting CB who was lost for most of last year with an injury.     Hall was tied for 3rd on the team in sacks and wasn't a full time starter.  The two top players in terms of sacks return as well as top DL Revontae Holt, who was out last year with an injury.    Wyoming returns up to 10 deep on the Oline…..about 7 or 8 guys with starting experience.   The Pokes return their top 4 rushers as well as two good looking redshirt prospects.   Two of the top three rushers were out most of the year leaving Valladay to carry the load down the stretch.  A healthy stable on running backs will be nice this year.   Need to replace two starting receivers, but there is depth and some good looking redshirts. 

The key point that is missing in your analysis, is the Tyler Vander Wall factor.   TVW was the starting QB for 9 of Wyoming's 11 losses over the past two years.   Sean Chamber's was the QB during the other two losses and 3 point loss at Tulsa and a 4 point loss at SDSU....both games could have gone either way.   TVW was the starter for the Pokes the past two year when playing Boise.   Sean Chambers and Levi Williams (started in Wyoming's bowl win last year) are  a notch above TVW.....causing TVW to transfer during the offseason.

I just want to see some football.

Go Pokes!!

4 minutes ago, CO_Poke said:

Top backup at LB was Chad Muma....who has a couple starts under his belt.   Not a lot of experience after Muma, but some good looking prospects.   Wyoming only starts two linebackers. Hall and Halliburton will be tough to replace.   Wyoming does return C.J. Colden, a two year starting CB who was lost for most of last year with an injury.     Hall was tied for 3rd on the team in sacks and wasn't a full time starters.  The two top players in terms of sacks return as well as top DL Revontae Holt, who was out last year with an injury.    Wyoming returns up to 10 deep on the Oline…..about 7 or 8 guys with starting experience.   The Pokes return their top 4 runners and two good looking redshirt prospects.   Two of the top three rushers were out most of the year leaving Valladay with the load down the stretch.  A healthy stable on running backs will be nice this year.   Need to replace two starting receivers, but there is some depth and some good looking redshirts. 

The key point that is missing in your analysis, is the Tyler Vander Wall factor.   TVW was the starting QB for 9 of Wyoming's 11 losses over the past two years.   Sean Chamber's was the QB during the other two losses and 3 point loss at Tulsa and a 4 point loss at SDSU....both games could have gone either way.   TVW was the starter for the Pokes the past two year when playing against Boise.   Sean Chambers and Levi Williams (started in Wyoming's bowl win last year) are  a notch above TVW.....causing TVW to transfer during the offseason.

Go Pokes!!

Some discrepancies aside, and thank you for the clarification, the point remains that Wyoming is replacing most of their best players on defense and the entire defensive coaching staff.

2 hours ago, CO_Poke said:

Top backup at LB was Chad Muma....who has a couple starts under his belt.   Not a lot of experience after Muma, but some good looking prospects.   Wyoming only starts two linebackers. Hall and Halliburton will be tough to replace.   Wyoming does return C.J. Colden, a two year starting CB who was lost for most of last year with an injury.     Hall was tied for 3rd on the team in sacks and wasn't a full time starter.  The two top players in terms of sacks return as well as top DL Revontae Holt, who was out last year with an injury.    Wyoming returns up to 10 deep on the Oline…..about 7 or 8 guys with starting experience.   The Pokes return their top 4 rushers as well as two good looking redshirt prospects.   Two of the top three rushers were out most of the year leaving Valladay to carry the load down the stretch.  A healthy stable on running backs will be nice this year.   Need to replace two starting receivers, but there is depth and some good looking redshirts. 

The key point that is missing in your analysis, is the Tyler Vander Wall factor.   TVW was the starting QB for 9 of Wyoming's 11 losses over the past two years.   Sean Chamber's was the QB during the other two losses and 3 point loss at Tulsa and a 4 point loss at SDSU....both games could have gone either way.   TVW was the starter for the Pokes the past two year when playing Boise.   Sean Chambers and Levi Williams (started in Wyoming's bowl win last year) are  a notch above TVW.....causing TVW to transfer during the offseason.

Go Pokes!!

This is really good info. Thanks.

I do, however, feel that it is unrealistic to think the defense will be as strong. They lose two NFL draft picks at LB, half of the DL, their best DB, and their entire defensive staff. The running game should be one of the best in the conference, if not the best. But again, Wyoming had the worst passing offense in the league (one of the worst in the country) and they lose their top three WRs, so a big achilles heel will likely not be better and could be worse.

The thing that Wyoming really has going for it is a very favorable schedule. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't see them contending for the SEC Mountain. As it is, with the schedule, they could if things break right.