Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Cowboys Athletics News - Wyoming agrees to play 1 and done at UConn

Guest #1Stunner

Wyoming is on a kick scheduling football Independents, having scheduled BYU, NM State and now UConn.

Wyoming to play at UConn in 2021

Wyoming will travel to take on UConn at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn., on Sept. 25, 2021. The game will mark the first-ever meeting between the two schools on the gridiron.

Wyoming will reportedly receive $1 million for playing at UConn, although they will receive that payment from Clemson as a part of the cancellation agreement.

https://fbschedules.com/wyoming-to-play-at-uconn-in-2021/

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Wyoming is on a kick scheduling football Independents, having scheduled BYU, NM State and now UConn.

Wyoming will travel to take on UConn at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn., on Sept. 25, 2021. The game will mark the first-ever meeting between the two schools on the gridiron.

Wyoming will reportedly receive $1 million for playing at UConn, although they will receive that payment from Clemson as a part of the cancellation agreement.

A automatic win for sure.

sounds like a trade-off with the clemson road game that clemson wanted out of.  clemson doing uconn a favor

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Exactly what I was thinking, hence the laugh react.  Wyoming is going to get million dollar pay day for a most likely W.

We all win when Wyoming schedules Independents.

This is a good thing.

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, Billings said:

sounds like a trade-off with the clemson road game that clemson wanted out of.  clemson doing uconn a favor

Begs the question though...

Why not originally schedule Clemson home and home?  Wyoming usually hosts big name programs.  I remember when Texas travelled to Laramie.

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Wyoming by 21. 

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Thank you for your continued interest in, and support of, Wyoming Cowboys athletics!!

Thanks.  You won't find a bigger follower of Cowboys Athletics than your friend, the #1Stunner!

Can't wait for the upcoming BYU vs WYO series. 

I wish BSU would leverage their football schedule to include UCONN.  Granted, they are not a good team right now but football is not my reason for scheduling.  Leverage football to get UCONN to come to Boise to play the Broncos in basketball.  What a breath of fresh air, UCONN instead of Central Washington or some other lousy out of conference team playing in the Pavilion. 

7 minutes ago, Spazdog said:

I wish BSU would leverage their football schedule to include UCONN.  Granted, they are not a good team right now but football is not my reason for scheduling.  Leverage football to get UCONN to come to Boise to play the Broncos in basketball.  What a breath of fresh air, UCONN instead of Central Washington or some other lousy out of conference team playing in the Pavilion. 

Why the hell would UConn do that?  They're proving pretty successful putting together football schedules (including P5 home-and-homes) without whoring out their basketball team.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.