Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

While the two major parties go with old authoritarian senile rapists, the Libertarians choose a bright female professor

I thought for sure Hornberger had it going into the nomination.

I will have no problem pulling the lever for Jorgensen. It's a far-fetched dream that she'll share the stage with the partisan duopoly, but I'd love to see it.

5 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I thought for sure Hornberger had it going into the nomination.

I will have no problem pulling the lever for Jorgensen. It's a far-fetched dream that she'll share the stage with the partisan duopoly, but I'd love to see it.

If Jorgensen gets on the debate stage, Trump and Biden probably would stand there thinking how much they’d love to sexually assault her. 

I think she is a better overall candidate than Hornberger. I was never a fan of his completely open border platform. She’s articulate and can hold her own against the two front runner perverts.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Welcome Jo Jorgensen to the ring:

https://reason.com/2020/05/23/jo-jorgensen-wins-libertarian-party-presidential-nomination/

https://joj2020.com

Congratulations Jo! You have my vote.

Has she ever held any public office before?  Even mayor?  

I also find it interesting the psychology lecturer talking about market based health care.  Perhaps she can explain marginal utility, demand curves, and which child she is going to forgo and let die as prices rise.  

https://www.amosweb.com/cgi-bin/awb_nav.pl?s=wpd&c=dsp&k=marginal+utility+and+demand

surprised they didn’t go back with Weld.  He would have at least made people stop and think.  

36 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I also find it interesting the psychology lecturer talking about market based health care.  Perhaps she can explain marginal utility, demand curves, and which child she is going to forgo and let die as prices rise.  

https://www.amosweb.com/cgi-bin/awb_nav.pl?s=wpd&c=dsp&k=marginal+utility+and+demand

surprised they didn’t go back with Weld.  He would have at least made people stop and think.  

Okay Mr. “I Voted Libertarian Last Election.” Lol — you can just stop with that nonsense. Nobody believes you vote anything but straight Dem right down the ballot.

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Okay Mr. “I Voted Libertarian Last Election.” Lol — you can just stop with that nonsense. Nobody believes you vote anything but straight Dem right down the ballot.

Whatever.  Never voted a straight ticket in my life.....  and btw I very much like Weld as a candidate.  

Do you really think someone who has held no elective office is well positioned to be President?  

19 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Whatever.  Never voted a straight ticket in my life.....  and btw I very much like Weld as a candidate.  

Do you really think someone who has held no elective office is well positioned to be President?  

Lol — your killing children bullshit is right out of the DNC playbook. Get out of here with that garbage.

And yes, she’s perfectly qualified to act as president. You think your old senile rapist is somehow qualified?

7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

https://reason.com/2020/05/23/jo-jorgensen-wins-libertarian-party-presidential-nomination/

I'm sure glad Vermin Supreme did not win the nomination.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

43 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

The Repubicans seem to think so.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Guest #1Stunner
7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The problem is that Libertarians don't have an appealing platform.

Their ideas aren't appealing, sorry.  Reminds me of the Green Party.   Nothing but fringe ideas.

Wish there was a better option.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Lol — your killing children bullshit is right out of the DNC playbook. Get out of here with that garbage.

And yes, she’s perfectly qualified to act as president. You think your old senile rapist is somehow qualified?

No my killing children talks about the problems with health care based on demand curves that at their core require diminishing utility.   

The law of diminishing marginal utility states that with each increasing quantity of the commodity, its marginal utility declines. ... Also, when the price of the commodity is low, its demand increases. Hence, the demand curve slopes downwards from left to right.

Or conversely that demand should fall as prices rise.  But for much, not all, of health care it doesn’t fall for the simple reason people aren’t making rational cost benefit analysis when it comes to their loved ones health.   

without diminishing utility you don’t have demand curves.

without demand curves you don’t have a functioning market.   

Pretending you have a functioning market when you don’t is why health care costs are 1.8 times any other country.

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Trump ran a multi billion dollar business.   That is a reasonable proxy.  

I like a lot of (but not all) the libertarian platform.  I wish they would recognize a well functioning market doesn’t always exist and sometimes it takes government intervention to create one.   The pollution credits to combat acid rain being an example.   I’m just honestly surprised someone with no executive or political experience is the best they have this year.

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

They picked one of his followers to be VP though :facepalm:  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The problem is that Libertarians don't have an appealing platform.

Their ideas aren't appealing, sorry.  Reminds me of the Green Party.   Nothing but fringe ideas.

Wish there was a better option.

Freedom and individual rights isn’t appealing? This coming from a guy who has this on his playlist:

23 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

No my killing children talks about the problems with health care based on demand curves that at their core require diminishing utility.   

The law of diminishing marginal utility states that with each increasing quantity of the commodity, its marginal utility declines. ... Also, when the price of the commodity is low, its demand increases. Hence, the demand curve slopes downwards from left to right.

Or conversely that demand should fall as prices rise.  But for much, not all, of health care it doesn’t fall for the simple reason people aren’t making rational cost benefit analysis when it comes to their loved ones health.   

without diminishing utility you don’t have demand curves.

without demand curves you don’t have a functioning market.   

Pretending you have a functioning market when you don’t is why health care costs are 1.8 times any other country.

Okay Mr. Democrat. Lol

5 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Can the guy you’re voting for coherently explain this? That’s quite a bar to clear considering the candidates we have.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Freedom and individual rights isn’t appealing? This coming from a guy who has this on his playlist:

No, I view the Libertarians as a fringe party, very similar to the Green Party.

It's platform is essentially let's not have any government, regulation, or social services at all.  No thanks.

Also, because of that, i don't see a Libertarian getting any serious votes, so it's a complete waste of time.