Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

UNLV Football Lands Another 4-Star Transfer

Clayton Bradley, OT from USC. He was granted a 6th year via grad transfer.  If our other 4-star transfer Justin Rogers is granted immediate eligibility as well, this guy is definitely going to be favorite to protect his blind-side. 

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/09/usc-clayton-bradley-enters-transfer-portal/

image.png.bc0ec1fa4b97928bdb07089f43bf4a8a.png

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

10 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Clayton Bradley, OT from USC. He was granted a 6th year via grad transfer.  If our other 4-star transfer Justin Rogers is granted immediate eligibility as well, this guy is definitely going to be favorite to protect his blind-side.

In January when Justin Rogers' transfer was announced he was rated as the #1 rated overall transfer by 247Sports, but recently 247Sports has started giving players a "transfer rating" that replaces their high school rating... and Rogers went from the #1 overall player to the #13 QB.  The .86 score is still pretty good though, and nobody really knows what to expect from him.  If Rogers gets a waiver to play this season then the QB competition will be intense with Oblad, Armani Rogers, and even Gilliam.

Both those players' injury histories are concerning because both are injuries that are difficult to every recover 100% from (drop foot for Rogers and back for Bradley).  But both are interesting prospects.

JustinRogers.PNG

I preach caution here. Many years ago, SDSU had a 4-star DL transfer from USC who played very well for a couple years. However, since then the 4-star transfers the Aztecs have gotten from P12 schools have all been major busts.

On 5/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, BleedRebelRed said:

In January when Justin Rogers' transfer was announced he was rated as the #1 rated overall transfer by 247Sports, but recently 247Sports has started giving players a "transfer rating" that replaces their high school rating... and Rogers went from the #1 overall player to the #13 QB.  The .86 score is still pretty good though, and nobody really knows what to expect from him.  If Rogers gets a waiver to play this season then the QB competition will be intense with Oblad, Armani Rogers, and even Gilliam.

Both those players' injury histories are concerning because both are injuries that are difficult to every recover 100% from (drop foot for Rogers and back for Bradley).  But both are interesting prospects.

JustinRogers.PNG

Armani hasn't transferred yet? He isn't going to see the field again as a quarterback on this level.

Will his first game be at your Sam Boyd home field -or- your AirB&B w/retractable roof by the I-15 In & Out?

Book the AirB&B early so your guests don't get moved from Sat-to-Fri again.   :-(

54 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

Armani hasn't transferred yet? He isn't going to see the field again as a quarterback on this level.

We'll see how the new staff decides to use him.  He could still be an effective situational QB - he's always been dangerous in short yardage situations.  Also he could benefit with better RPO scheming with passes that get receivers open earlier in the play.  This will be his first season being coached by someone other than Ron Odell, who came from Bishop Gorman with Sanchez.

6 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I preach caution here. Many years ago, SDSU had a 4-star DL transfer from USC who played very well for a couple years. However, since then the 4-star transfers the Aztecs have gotten from P12 schools have all been major busts.

Mixed results for UNLV's PAC-10/12 transfers 

Some had decent & some were hardly noticed 

5 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Will his first game be at your Sam Boyd home field -or- your AirB&B w/retractable roof by the I-15 In & Out?

Book the AirB&B early so your guests don't get moved from Sat-to-Fri again.   :-(

Our first game is against Cal at Allegiant.

Pretty sure every team in the MW has played a Friday night game at some point.

On 5/25/2020 at 6:21 PM, 4UNLV said:

Our first game is against Cal at Allegiant.

Pretty sure every team in the MW has played a Friday night game at some point.

Pretty sure all the rest were because of TV, not because they're the home team is the Raider bitch.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:34 PM, GoState99755 said:

The Jelly is strong with you.  Only one game at Sam Boyd.  All other games at the Death Star.

So after 3 years of being told about how this was a horrible deal for the Rebels and the town the  haters are down to  hanging their little bitchy panties on 1 game still being at the SBS. 

Im more concerned about if there will even be a season and game to go to...anywhere.

5 hours ago, Poster17 said:

The Jelly is strong with you.  Only one game at Sam Boyd.  All other games at the Death Star.

CSU has the best stadium in the conf, why would I be jealous?

I'm bitter y'all lost the Vegas Bowl.  ¡Thx again!

Hope you enjoy your new AirB&B Stadium.  Have fun w/your new Landlord & I hope you sphincter regains it's original shape soon.

3 hours ago, quickdraw said:

So after 3 years of being told about how this was a horrible deal for the Rebels and the town the  haters are down to  hanging their little bitchy panties on 1 game still being at the SBS. 

Im more concerned about if there will even be a season and game to go to...anywhere.

WRONG:  Don't forgot:

* ZERO signage in the building

* Your Daddy won't let you play CSU on Saturday

*  y'all lost the Vegas Bowl

...$900mm is tax $$$ doesn't go as far as it used to, huh?

No matter how you try sugar coat it...y'all got reamed by Jr Davis.

On 5/25/2020 at 12:09 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

That’s the way It usually ends up, but not always. Rishard Matthews signed with Oregon, then went to Bakersfield, and transfered to Nevada as a WR, and he was a huge part of that 2010 team that finished ranked #11. He also went on to play in the NFL for 9 years as a starter for a lot of it. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

WRONG:  Don't forgot:

* ZERO signage in the building

* Your Daddy won't let you play CSU on Saturday

*  y'all lost the Vegas Bowl

...$900mm is tax $$$ doesn't go as far as it used to, huh?

No matter how you try sugar coat it...y'all got reamed by Jr Davis.

1. There is UNLV signage in the building. Not to mention there will be permanent signage outside the building stating it is the home of UNLV football. You are 100% wrong.

2. The scheduling problems were for the first year. The contract going forward isn't going to be an issue with scheduling.

3. Yes, we lost the Vegas Bowl and replaced it with a SEC-Big 12/Pac 12 matchup that should be two top 25 teams every year closer to NYE.

Let's see what we also got.

Up to 3.5 million a year for the next 10 years in compensation for non-UNLV events not held at Sam Boyd.

Drastic increase in revenue with ticket sales and suite sales.

Increased visibility with recruits among a number of other positives.

To be honest I would much rather have had the on campus outdoor stadium. The Raiders are crappy partners and I've already grown to loath them. But even with the nonsense we've had to deal with we are still in a much better position than we were at Sam Boyd.  

2 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

1. There is UNLV signage in the building. Not to mention there will be permanent signage outside the building stating it is the home of UNLV football. You are 100% wrong.

2. The scheduling problems were for the first year. The contract going forward isn't going to be an issue with scheduling.

3. Yes, we lost the Vegas Bowl and replaced it with a SEC-Big 12/Pac 12 matchup that should be two top 25 teams every year closer to NYE.

Let's see what we also got.

Up to 3.5 million a year for the next 10 years in compensation for non-UNLV events not held at Sam Boyd.

Drastic increase in revenue with ticket sales and suite sales.

Increased visibility with recruits among a number of other positives.

To be honest I would much rather have had the on campus outdoor stadium. The Raiders are crappy partners and I've already grown to loath them. But even with the nonsense we've had to deal with we are still in a much better position than we were at Sam Boyd.  

Agree with everything you’ve said except part about $3.5m. While Rebels do get $3.5m for 10 years, it offsets lost revenue it will lose that was generated and paid to Rebels by Sam Boyd Stadium. I’ve read that amount was $2m. This is the biggest negotiation blunder in the contract if you ask me. Raiders can afford to pay that into perpetuity.

Don’t forget, oh I get to sit in a state of the art stadium and a comfortable seat in an air-conditioned environment and have the ability to eat quality concessions instead of steamed hotdogs in dry buns. Let’s just get to the real importance first.

On 5/25/2020 at 2:57 PM, BleedRebelRed said:

We'll see how the new staff decides to use him.  He could still be an effective situational QB - he's always been dangerous in short yardage situations.  Also he could benefit with better RPO scheming with passes that get receivers open earlier in the play.  This will be his first season being coached by someone other than Ron Odell, who came from Bishop Gorman with Sanchez.

I always thought he was better suited to play D or a 3rd down running back.  High school quality QB coaching didnt help this kid.  Wasted his college years.  Sanchez owes an apology to those kids

1 hour ago, slappy said:

I always thought he was better suited to play D or a 3rd down running back.  High school quality QB coaching didnt help this kid.  Wasted his college years.  Sanchez owes an apology to those kids

It wasn't the coaching staff's fault he can't throw and got hurt all the time. Armani was one of those kids that would pop off in practice, throwing dimes everywhere. But when it was game-time he misses one throw and just snowballs to the point he's not comfortable throwing anything further than a 5 yard out or tucking it and running it. 

He was Sanchez's biggest recruit and because of that they named him the starter when it was obvious Kenyon Oblad was the best QB on the roster. If Sanchez and co gave Oblad those starting reps heading into Week 1, we probably would've been bowl eligible last year and he would still have that huge office with the Strip view at the Fertitta Football Complex.

so thank god he stuck with Armani as long as he did--cuz this Arroyo guy is a star and is going to get UNLV cookin' then probably head off to a P5 in 3 years. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif