Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dshawfan

SD City Council to review Stadium Agreement 5/29

23 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

About time to open the wallet.  Hopefully they can do installment payments like they do with booster clubs.  Also would be nice to do a brick campaign.  I would easily drop $$ on one, and the school makes bank for the stadium cost.

I'm pretty sure they are going do something like this...

I've actually wondered if they might be able to sell off stadium items for more than expected too. Wouldn't be surprised at all if people wanted to buy the old stadium seats. Lots of SD history in that building and it will all belong to SDSU soon. 

On 5/24/2020 at 1:34 PM, Rebels18 said:

Ok that the land-sale is one thing, but the project is estimated to cost $310 million....from bonds that expected to be paid from revenue from ticket sales/concessions/stores/hotels ,etc....Good lucky getting Newsom and other COVID-19 hysterics to back that-up. My guess is this gets put on the back-burner till 2021. 

The Stadium isn't expected to open until 2022, so hopefully (and I know things look bleak right now, but hopefully) the world will have much better control over the Covid situation by then, which is when the revenue from ticket sales would start to be applied towards the bonds.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

CSU's practice field just won't work.

Any word on the mayor?  His timeline to approve for sale is now, correct?

I believe today is the first day he can sign off on the sale but not sure.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:48 PM, SDSUfan said:

In the mean time, git er done. Anything on that eyesore of a site is better than what's there now.

You're right, but it will be a sad moment when the Murph comes down. I have seen a lot of games and concerts in that building. It will be a nostalgic tear jerker for me when it comes down. 

I saw the first game played in that dump and I may have to go see the last one as well. 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

https://edsource.org/2020/newsoms-proposed-budget-cuts-to-higher-education-force-difficult-choices-ahead/631681

Unless that federal rescue occurs, the 10-campus UC system and 23-campus CSU system are likely to face difficult choices in coming months about possible tuition increases, pay cuts and reductions in academic programs and services not seen since the Great Recession more than a decade ago. 

This is in May, the budget issues are only getting worse  the cuts will only get worse. In the non-sports world a nice shiny new stadium isn't even on the list. In the political world funding a new stadium for a team who we don't even know will be able to play ever again, that's not happening.

Imagine telling people across the state they have fewer classes and instructors so SDSU can knock down a pro stadium and build a brand new stadium it may never be able to play in 🤯 and to expand a campus they don't have the money to staff for or the students to fill it.

There is a ton of denial on this board about what is going on in the world. Things that you could slide by won't be happening we have 30m people food insecure across the country. Vanity projects won't be happening.

2 hours ago, JoeBlo said:

https://edsource.org/2020/newsoms-proposed-budget-cuts-to-higher-education-force-difficult-choices-ahead/631681

This is in May, the budget issues are only getting worse  the cuts will only get worse. In the non-sports world a nice shiny new stadium isn't even on the list. In the political world funding a new stadium for a team who we don't even know will be able to play ever again, that's not happening.

Imagine telling people across the state they have fewer classes and instructors so SDSU can knock down a pro stadium and build a brand new stadium it may never be able to play in 🤯 and to expand a campus they don't have the money to staff for or the students to fill it.

There is a ton of denial on this board about what is going on in the world. Things that you could slide by won't be happening we have 30m people food insecure across the country. Vanity projects won't be happening.

LOL. The money has already been assigned. Financial hardship is going to occur if the pandemic lasts past 2022 and the stadium can't support the revenue - but if that happens then that means there are worse things happening in the world than SDSU's stadium not making money.