Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Pompeo is corrupt as f++k

59 minutes ago, bigd said:

Every region and culture of the world has different values. Doesn't mean that you should isolate yourself geopolitically to keep a moral high ground.

Sorry. I'm not a relativist. If you treat women like property, your culture is garbage.

3 hours ago, CV147 said:

Saudi Arabia is as contrary to our values as Russia is, if not more so.

Russia at least appreciates great literature and great classical music. I'm sure you get whipped in public in SA if you're a woman reading Tolstoy or listening to Tchaikovsky.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

6 hours ago, bigd said:

Every region and culture of the world has different values. Doesn't mean that you should isolate yourself geopolitically to keep a moral high ground.

The thing that a lot of people can’t seem to understand is that our relationship is so complicated with secret agreements going back years and years, it’s impossible for us to know really WTF is going on. A new president walks in and gets briefed on all the secret agreements that have to be honored or everything falls apart and you can’t explain a damn thing to voters. They are not our friends, but it’s a lot like coming in and taking over for Marty in the Ozark series if Marty’s position was voted in and elected. There would be so many deep and twisted agreements that the voters could never know about and you have to keep things stable.

kat.jpg

18 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Saudi Arabia is no ally to the United States. They’re as much as if not more of a regional disrupter as Iran. Their hands are dirty as +++++. 

You have no clue how complicated our relationship is with those dirt bags. There are so many secret agreements past presidents have made with them that have to be dealt with to keep things stable, it’s a mess. SA is a politician’s nightmare because people like you will judge everything at face value without knowing what the face really looks like and really is. And they know that, and they exploit it for more leverage to get things they want. There’s some good books out there if you really want to learn about the complexity. 

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You have no clue how complicated our relationship is with those dirt bags. There are so many secret agreements past presidents have made with them that have to be dealt with to keep things stable, it’s a mess. SA is a politician’s nightmare because people like you will judge everything at face value without knowing what the face really looks like and really is. And they know that, and they exploit it for more leverage to get things they want. There’s some good books out there if you really want to learn about the complexity. 

I thought you weren't into Q?

14 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Russia at least appreciates great literature and great classical music. I'm sure you get whipped in public in SA if you're a woman reading Tolstoy or listening to Tchaikovsky.

This.  Russian culture and history is beyond fascinating and gorgeous.  They are far closer to European culture than Asian or Middle Eastern.  Tchaikovsky is the GOAT, by the way.  I think it was you who agreed with me Symphony number 6 is the greatest piece of music ever written.  

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This.  Russian culture and history is beyond fascinating and gorgeous.  They are far closer to European culture than Asian or Middle Eastern.  Tchaikovsky is the GOAT, by the way.  I think it was you who agreed with me Symphony number 6 is the greatest piece of music ever written.  

Better than this?

https://youtu.be/8ybW48rKBME

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I beg to different. The Beatles Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is the greatest by far. 

On 5/22/2020 at 5:19 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/politics/pompeo-saudi-arms-sale/index.html

Anyone who doesn't see impropriety here is a +++++ing GOP hack.  

It took you this long to figure he is a Trumpian Tool ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/22/2020 at 5:31 PM, #1Stunner said:

In the case of Saudi Arabia:

"the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

(at least that's what US Policy seems to be)

1280px-Yalta_Conference_(Churchill,_Roos

Spot on.

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, toonkee said:

Better than this?

https://youtu.be/8ybW48rKBME

Tchiakovsky ain't got shot on 80's tecno pop

Americans Mayor

7 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I beg to different. The Beatles Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is the greatest by far. 

Lulz

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

5 hours ago, toonkee said:

I bet that dude is a tone junkie.