Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Pompeo is corrupt as f++k

5 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I'm a GOP hack, I have no problem with selling weapons to Saudi Arabia.we don't want Iran to get the upper hand in the Middle East.

Saudi Arabia is no ally to the United States. They’re as much as if not more of a regional disrupter as Iran. Their hands are dirty as +++++. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/21/politics/pompeo-saudi-arms-sale/index.html

Anyone who doesn't see impropriety here is a +++++ing GOP hack.  

I more concerned about Trumps repeated cynical use of emergency declarations.   Eventually Congress will put in limits as a response to Trump and government response will be limited when a real emergency hits.   

29 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

I more concerned about Trumps repeated cynical use of emergency declarations.   Eventually Congress will put in limits as a response to Trump and government response will be limited when a real emergency hits.   

Let’s try to stay on topic. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Saudi Arabia is no ally to the United States. They’re as much as if not more of a regional disrupter as Iran. Their hands are dirty as +++++. 

1 hour ago, ClevelandBrown said:

People like @modestobulldog when you point this out:

No Way Reaction GIF by Andrew Deitsch Podcast

I agree, but SA is the best enemy in the region.

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I agree, but SA is the best enemy in the region.

The best available. Iran would have been the best but we lost them in the 70’s.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Exactly. In what world is Iran any worse than Saudi Arabia? I guess the world where you have an "Axis of Evil" with three parties that have absolutely no connection to each other. Well, that's a +++++ing stupid world. And I thought the Trumpsters think Trump is great because he's turned his back on Bush-era foreign policies. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The best available. Iran would have been the best but we lost them in the 70’s.

No. We had a chance to get them back. The Iranian people are in large measure ambivalent about their leadership and the United States. Even now. At least in my experience. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest #1Stunner

United States has been in bed with Saudi Arabia through BOTH Democrat and Republican Presidencies.

It's an odd union...  Saudi Arabia is a bad country.  But they have the oil, and they are willing to do deals with us.

So, it's not really a Donald Trump thing.  It's been going on for decades. 

Not sure what the solution is, and if we should should allow China and Russia to have supreme influence in the middle east, while we don't get involved. 

15 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

United States has been in bed with Saudi Arabia through BOTH Democrat and Republican Presidencies.

It's an odd union...  Saudi Arabia is a bad country.  But they have the oil, and they are willing to do deals with us.

So, it's not really a Donald Trump thing.  It's been going on for decades. 

Not sure what the solution is, and if we should should allow China and Russia to have supreme influence in the middle east, while we don't get involved. 

Kind of not liking your no good son in law, you put up with him so you can continue to have a relationship with your daughter and grand kids. Just an example, we like our son-in-law. 

SA isn’t our friend. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, mugtang said:

SA isn’t our friend. 

In the case of Saudi Arabia:

"the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

(at least that's what US Policy seems to be)

1280px-Yalta_Conference_(Churchill,_Roos

34 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Saudi Arabia is as contrary to our values as Russia is, if not more so.

Every region and culture of the world has different values. Doesn't mean that you should isolate yourself geopolitically to keep a moral high ground.

@#1Stunner You're correct.

Trump's Conflicts of Interest in Saudi Arabia - Center for ...