Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

More Suicides than Coronavirus Deaths in this CA city

14 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Good read. From the article:

recent review of 13 studies that calculated IFRs in various countries found a wide range of estimates, from 0.05 percent in Iceland to 1.3 percent in Northern Italy and among the passengers and crew of the Diamond Princess cruise ship. This month Stanford epidemiologist John Ioannidis, who has long been skeptical of high IFR estimates for COVID-19, looked specifically at published studies that sought to estimate the prevalence of infection by testing people for antibodies to the virus that causes the disease. He found that the IFRs implied by 12 studies ranged from 0.02 percent to 0.4 percent. My colleague Ron Bailey last week noted several recent antibody studies that implied considerably higher IFRs, ranging from 0.6 percent in Norway to more than 1 percent in Spain.

So the IFR measured ranged from .05% in Iceland - who was able to effectively isolate and contain with mass testing early on (which we failed to do), to 1.3% in Italy, which falls within the original 1-2.5% range. Similarly, so do the recent antibody studies referenced at the end of the paragraph, which claim an IFR between .6-1+%.

Here's a math problem for Sideshow @Bob and/or whichever nuthugger de jour is currently occupying the sidecar of dipshititude: If you have an infection fatality rate of 1%, and 220 out of 330 million Americans get infected, how many will die? :waiting:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

14 hours ago, Bob said:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-cdc-confirms-remarkably-low-coronavirus-death-rate-media/

@TheSanDiegan Didn't read what you just posted because it's probably mindless fear mongering and you're mentally retarded. So, are we approaching the 2.2 millions deaths, yet? Have you left your house the last three months, you puss? You a feckless emotional cripple  

"For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26%.?

"Four infectious disease doctors in Canada estimate that the individual rate of death from COVID-19 for people under 65 years of age is six per million people, or 0.0006 per cent – 1 in 166,666, which is “roughly equivalent to the risk of dying from a motor vehicle accident during the same time period.” These numbers are for Canada, which did have fewer deaths per capita than the U.S.; however, if you take New York City and its surrounding counties out of the equation, the two countries are pretty much the same."

If you are not in a nursing home the CFR is less than .1% - so about like, the wait for it, common flu.  

"Didn't read what you wrote because something something, but here - read this." :waiting: GTFO.

And do you really want me to dissect your f*cktarded bullshit?

First, Canada numbnuts. Second, those numbers don't hold here. Take California - 96,400 confirmed cases and 3,767 deaths so far. That's a CFR of 3.9%. Of those, 7,908 cases and 1,434 deaths were from nursing homes (link). That leaves 88,492 non-nursing home cases and 2,333 non-nursing home related deaths, a CFR of 2.6% dipshit.

But hey - look at the bright side - you're only off by 2600%.

Even if you remove half the deaths that are from nursing homes in this country and didn't subtract a single nursing home resident to adjust the rate, it would still only cut the CFR in half to 3%. F*ck you're dumb... 

Also, why would you compare ALL flu deaths but remove the most vulnerable age demographics from COVID-19 deaths? Oh yeah... you don't understand math, or honesty. :rolleyes: Guess what? Most flu deaths occur within older-aged population too f*cknuts. 84% of all influenza deaths in the last year on record occurred within the population aged 60+.

BTW, I mtb 10-12 miles of trail a week. I'm guessing at my middle age I could out-bike you, out-hike you, out-surf you and out-swim you. And I'm in stores every single week, as my wife and I also shop for four high risk people. Plus, the bourbon isn't going to come to me, dipshit. You know, I'm yet to call out some snowflake MAGA c*ntmonkey like you for not wearing a mask or respecting my space who hasn't acted like they can't run away fast enough. I'm guessing you're just another all-bark-no-bite dripping vag of a little b¡tch like most of your snowflake ilk.

23 minutes ago, Bob said:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-cdc-confirms-remarkably-low-coronavirus-death-rate-media/

@TheSanDiegan Didn't read what you just posted because it's probably mindless fear mongering and you're mentally retarded. So, are we approaching the 2.2 millions deaths, yet? Have you left your house the last three months, you puss? You a feckless emotional cripple  

"For the first time, the CDC has attempted to offer a real estimate of the overall death rate for COVID-19, and under its most likely scenario, the number is 0.26%.?

"Four infectious disease doctors in Canada estimate that the individual rate of death from COVID-19 for people under 65 years of age is six per million people, or 0.0006 per cent – 1 in 166,666, which is “roughly equivalent to the risk of dying from a motor vehicle accident during the same time period.” These numbers are for Canada, which did have fewer deaths per capita than the U.S.; however, if you take New York City and its surrounding counties out of the equation, the two countries are pretty much the same."

If you are not in a nursing home the CFR is less than .1% - so about like, the wait for it, common flu.  

Excuse me for my ignorance.  But you're quoting Canadian numbers. 

8 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

"Didn't read what you wrote because something something, but here - read this." :waiting: GTFO.

And do you really want me to dissect your f*ckyarded bullshit?

First, Canada numbnuts. Second, those numbers don't hold here. Take California - 96,400 confirmed cases and 3,767 deaths so far. That's a CFR of 3.9%. Of those, 7,908 cases and 1,434 deaths were from nursing homes (link). That leaves 88,492 non-nursing home cases and 2,333 non-nursing home related deaths, a CFR of 2.6% dipshit.

But hey - look at the bright side - you're only off by 2600%.

Even if you remove half the deaths that are from nursing homes in this country and didn't subtract a single nursing home resident to adjust the rate, it would still only cut the CFR in half to 3%. F*ck you're dumb... 

Also, why would you compare ALL flu deaths but remove the most vulnerable age demographics from COVID-19 deaths? Oh yeah... you don't understand math, or honesty. :rolleyes: Guess what? Most flu deaths occur within older-aged population too f*cknuts. 84% of all influenza deaths in the last year on record occurred within the population aged 60+.

BTW, I mtb 10-12 miles of trail a week. I'm guessing at my middle age I could out-bike you, out-hike you, out-surf you and out-swim you. And I'm in stores every single week, as my wife and I also shop for four high risk people. Plus, the bourbon isn't going to come to me, dipshit. You know, I'm yet to call out some snowflake MAGA c*ntmonkey like you for not wearing a mask or respecting my space who hasn't acted like they can't run away fast enough. I'm guessing you're just another all-bark-no-bite dripping vag of a little b¡tch like most of your snowflake ilk.

And data can be manipulated in a lot of ways. For instance, several on this board have either denied the seriousness of this disease or have gone off the rails claiming how horrific the US has performed under this pandemic in comparison to other industrialized countries. To address the latter group, if you look at case-fatality to confirmed cases along with deaths per 100,000 people as opposed to just volume, there are several European countries that have performed far worse than we have.

image.png.b8cbdf5d8b7bd97d874078b2ec8a35f8.png 

SOURCE: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality 

As best I can, I'm trying to look at data trends over time and hoping that we don't see the catastrophe so many have been predicting. But let's all just be honest here, COVID-19 has been politicized from the very beginning. The data is being manipulated differently depending on which team is doing the reporting. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

But let's all just be honest here, COVID-19 has been politicized from the very beginning. The data is being manipulated differently depending on which team is doing the reporting. 

I'm literally scrolling through 'I told you so" memes right now. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

10 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I'm literally scrolling through 'I told you so" memes right now. 

Reading through this thread and gathering the viewpoints of the fringe groups, I’ve basically come to the point where I just believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. COVID-19 is a virus that can be deadly and should be taken very seriously to mitigate risk and death but it’s not going to end up killing millions of Americans because we’re dumber than Europe.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Reading through this thread and gathering the viewpoints of the fringe groups, I’ve basically come to the point where I just believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. COVID-19 is a virus that can be deadly and should be taken very seriously to mitigate risk and death but it’s not going to end up killing millions of Americans because we’re dumber than Europe.

Totally. And both things can be true at the same time. There are multiple truths in all of this. The best example is the flu comparison. There are ways in which it is very much like the flu and there are ways in which it is very unlike the flu. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

If you really think that you can extrapolate a CFR derived from only confirmed cases onto an entire population and get x number of deaths you're either stupider than a rock or fear mongering.

CFR ≠ IFR.

Maybe learn a little champ so you can contribute some knowledge to accompany all that tard spittle with which you keep junking up the thread.

12 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

CFR ≠ IFR.

Maybe learn a little champ so you can contribute some knowledge to accompany all that tard spittle with which you keep junking up the thread.

Whenever you post I think of Jim Rome

46 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Whenever you post I think of Jim Rome

I would give my left nut to have a buzzer I could throw at bad takes in this forum like how we get Amber alerts on our phones.

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

And data can be manipulated in a lot of ways. For instance, several on this board have either denied the seriousness of this disease or have gone off the rails claiming how horrific the US has performed under this pandemic in comparison to other industrialized countries. To address the latter group, if you look at case-fatality to confirmed cases along with deaths per 100,000 people as opposed to just volume, there are several European countries that have performed far worse than we have.

We're #1  Not Last! We're #1  Not Last! 

:USFlag:

I would be curious to see regionally-specific European CFRs to see how they compare with the worst-hit states, given the geographic spread of the US.

NY and NJ's death rates (per 100K) are the highest in the world according to that chart, and if you include MA and CT, we would have four of the five highest death rates in the world:

Screen-Shot-2020-05-26-at-11-03-57-AM.pn

On 5/23/2020 at 7:54 PM, CPslograd said:

The owner of the local water park opened up today.  Pelosis nephew hasn't authorized our county, but the County Board of Supervisors did, and the sheriff did.  And the City has been quiet.  You better believe we were there today.

IMG_20200523_184000_01.jpg

Is that the one out in the boonies southeast of downtown Fresno? I'm not a water park kinda guy but that place is definitely worth visiting.

6 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Is that the one out in the boonies southeast of downtown Fresno? I'm not a water park kinda guy but that place is definitely worth visiting.

I think you are thinking of Blackbeards in Fresno.  This one is in Visalia