Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mugtang

More Suicides than Coronavirus Deaths in this CA city

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Thread went as expected...

You knew exactly what you were doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

You knew exactly what you were doing.

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BF6296E1-B1F7-485E-9962-0489B528D3E1.jpeg.a25802d98e20232df63304f87ca787de.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

There are no good solutions for this virus. You CANNOT stay sheltered forever unless you are retired. People have families to take care of. Businesses have already opened and people have started returning to work using precautions as available. So far things are relatively stable. Let’s hope they stay that way.

If we see another big spike the country may as well bend over and kiss our ass good bye because it’s going to be a colossal catastrophe. Continuation of an already long shelter is not sustainable. 

Exactly. There will not be anymore sizable shutdowns. If so, then there won’t be any revenue to fund the normal healthcare system, and routine surgeries and treatments will come to a halt, and people will be dying of the most simple conditions like they did 100 years ago. 

I remember when I was little I used to ask my mom if she could buy me the coolest toys and she’d tell me that we couldn’t afford it, and I would say to her “Why can’t you just right a check for it? Like a check was cash itself and a never ending book of them. But it sure seems like a lot of the younger generation just doesn’t get that there will be a horrible price to pay if our debt continues on its pace for too much longer. It’s just a harmless spreadsheet number to them with no consequences. Bernie Sanders supporters are ALL that way. Yeah, let’s just increase our yearly spending budget from $4 trillion to $12 trillion to $15 trillion and slow the economy to a grinding halt at the same time. The fiscal conservatives can’t even balance the budget these days, so let’s just give the car fvcking keys to Bernie to sort things out and make life better.  LOL.
OK, OK, I may have offended some Bernie supporters here and for that, I do genuinely apologize that I haven’t done it sooner, more often and more intensely. ❤️U  😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 6:06 AM, modestobulldog said:

Mug has already addressed your misunderstanding of the numbers.

As for your personal situation, it sounds like you have the financial resources to quarantine yourself and your family. You should do that. The smart way forward is to increase protection at nursing and similar facilities, people with health risks should isolate / quarantine at home. Anybody else who can financially afford to and wants to stay at home, should stay at home. It's a free country. The rest of the country should get on with life, no collecting unemployment if your employer calls you back to work. Take responsibility, do things to protect yourself the best you can, but get out there and enjoy life. Be sure to frequent local businesses, they could really use the help right now. Quarantining the healthy is asinine.

Agreed on every point but two.

I am not financially well off. I lost 25% of my winter income when the Ski resorts closed early. I am surviving on about $600 month, plus the wife's SS, and my one stimulus check. I am in the same boat as many. Hurting for work and money.

I do agree the healthy should go about their business. But, with caution and respect. Worst case scenario for me is to pick up the virus from some knucklehead. Then bring it home to the misses. I will survive it, but she won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 8:37 AM, Bob said:

Lol at comparisons to the Spanish flu. LMFAO.

Why ?

The death rates are similiar.

The biggest difference is the Spanish Flu mostly killed those under the age of 28ish.

The Covid is mostly killing the elderly and high risk groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 8:53 AM, BYUcougfan said:

It is demonstrably not a 5.9% death rate.  It is a fraction of that.

Please explain your fuzzy math.

My calculator says 5.99%. Is it suddenly broken because the user is not a member of Trumpistan ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 8:55 AM, NorCalCoug said:

Yeah, anyone who tries to claim a 6% mortality rate here loses all credibility in the discussion.

Does your calculator have a different algorithm than mine. 93,061 deaths divided by 1,551,095 cases equals. 5.99%.

Are you claiming the CDC and the local yokels who are reporting their stats are lying ? Do they have an agenda aimed at shutting down and crippling America for some amoral or sinister purpose ?

Or do you just not give a feck about those who have lost loved ones ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, NorCalCoug said:

Oh, Utah’s response has been great IMO.

For once, I agree with you.

Btw, about a month back, I drove a buddy down to the VA in SLC. 5th South from the University all the way into downtown was basically empty. I sat at the light near the Stadium for several minutes and only ten cars went through at 1pm. I thought I had walked into Stephen Kings book, The Stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The owner of the local water park opened up today.  Pelosis nephew hasn't authorized our county, but the County Board of Supervisors did, and the sheriff did.  And the City has been quiet.  You better believe we were there today.

IMG_20200523_184000_01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Does your calculator have a different algorithm than mine. 93,061 deaths divided by 1,551,095 cases equals. 5.99%.

Are you claiming the CDC and the local yokels who are reporting their stats are lying ? Do they have an agenda aimed at shutting down and crippling America for some amoral or sinister purpose ?

Or do you just not give a feck about those who have lost loved ones ?

I’m saying you need to think a little deeper on what that 1.55M figure is in the denominator and what implications that might have when talking about the fatality rate.  Don’t give yourself a headache.  The true rate is not 5.99%.  You’re looking awful silly right now doubling down on that nonsense.

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Please explain your fuzzy math.

My calculator says 5.99%. Is it suddenly broken because the user is not a member of Trumpistan ?

Calculator isn’t broken, your critical thinking skills are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2020 at 10:29 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Exactly. There will not be anymore sizable shutdowns. If so, then there won’t be any revenue to fund the normal healthcare system, and routine surgeries and treatments will come to a halt, and people will be dying of the most simple conditions like they did 100 years ago. 

I remember when I was little I used to ask my mom if she could buy me the coolest toys and she’d tell me that we couldn’t afford it, and I would say to her “Why can’t you just right a check for it? Like a check was cash itself and a never ending book of them. But it sure seems like a lot of the younger generation just doesn’t get that there will be a horrible price to pay if our debt continues on its pace for too much longer. It’s just a harmless spreadsheet number to them with no consequences. Bernie Sanders supporters are ALL that way. Yeah, let’s just increase our yearly spending budget from $4 trillion to $12 trillion to $15 trillion and slow the economy to a grinding halt at the same time. The fiscal conservatives can’t even balance the budget these days, so let’s just give the car fvcking keys to Bernie to sort things out and make life better.  LOL.
OK, OK, I may have offended some Bernie supporters here and for that, I do genuinely apologize that I haven’t done it sooner, more often and more intensely. ❤️U  😂

I don't think the silly knownothing  "younger generation" are the ones who have been writing all the checks all these years.   Unfortunately we blew our wad giving tax cuts to boomers and billionaires for 50 years so go collect some of that money before being a deficit scold.  Hoover will tell you it is a bad idea to cut government spending in the face of an economic crisis.   Opening the doors is not a silver bullet for consumer confidence especially with no money in their pockets.   The plan better have more contours than just.... open all the doors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Please explain your fuzzy math.

My calculator says 5.99%. Is it suddenly broken because the user is not a member of Trumpistan ?

Mug already mansplained it to you but you just want to believe what you want to believe.  You are using CONFIRMED cases as your denominator.  It does not include anyone who had it, with or without symptoms, and did not get tested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m saying you need to think a little deeper on what that 1.55M figure is in the denominator and what implications that might have when talking about the fatality rate.  Don’t give yourself a headache.  The true rate is not 5.99%.  You’re looking awful silly right now doubling down on that nonsense.

How can one look silly when he reads the CDC website and does a simple division calculation ?

Please link me to articles or sources that dispute the CDC numbers. 

I am trying to have an earnest conversation and all you and others do is say I am wrong without proof.

How very Trumpian of you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

How can one look silly when he reads the CDC website and does a simple division calculation ?

Please link me to articles or sources that dispute the CDC numbers. 

I am trying to have an earnest conversation and all you and others do is say I am wrong without proof.

How very Trumpian of you.

I’m asking you to think about it.  Everyone else understands the simple concept.

How very Rain Man of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

How can one look silly when he reads the CDC website and does a simple division calculation ?

Please link me to articles or sources that dispute the CDC numbers. 

I am trying to have an earnest conversation and all you and others do is say I am wrong without proof.

How very Trumpian of you.

Jesus you are dense.  I will type this in really small words for you.  More people have contracted COVID-19 than have tested positive for it.

Get it yet?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m asking you to think about it.  Everyone else understands the simple concept.

How very Rain Man of you.

How very Trumpian of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×