Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

More Suicides than Coronavirus Deaths in this CA city

On 5/22/2020 at 8:37 AM, Bob said:

Lol at comparisons to the Spanish flu. LMFAO.

Why ?

The death rates are similiar.

The biggest difference is the Spanish Flu mostly killed those under the age of 28ish.

The Covid is mostly killing the elderly and high risk groups.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 5/22/2020 at 8:53 AM, BYUcougfan said:

It is demonstrably not a 5.9% death rate.  It is a fraction of that.

Please explain your fuzzy math.

My calculator says 5.99%. Is it suddenly broken because the user is not a member of Trumpistan ?

Americans Mayor

On 5/22/2020 at 8:55 AM, NorCalCoug said:

Yeah, anyone who tries to claim a 6% mortality rate here loses all credibility in the discussion.

Does your calculator have a different algorithm than mine. 93,061 deaths divided by 1,551,095 cases equals. 5.99%.

Are you claiming the CDC and the local yokels who are reporting their stats are lying ? Do they have an agenda aimed at shutting down and crippling America for some amoral or sinister purpose ?

Or do you just not give a feck about those who have lost loved ones ?

Americans Mayor

On 5/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, NorCalCoug said:

Oh, Utah’s response has been great IMO.

For once, I agree with you.

Btw, about a month back, I drove a buddy down to the VA in SLC. 5th South from the University all the way into downtown was basically empty. I sat at the light near the Stadium for several minutes and only ten cars went through at 1pm. I thought I had walked into Stephen Kings book, The Stand.

Americans Mayor

The owner of the local water park opened up today.  Pelosis nephew hasn't authorized our county, but the County Board of Supervisors did, and the sheriff did.  And the City has been quiet.  You better believe we were there today.

IMG_20200523_184000_01.jpg

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Does your calculator have a different algorithm than mine. 93,061 deaths divided by 1,551,095 cases equals. 5.99%.

Are you claiming the CDC and the local yokels who are reporting their stats are lying ? Do they have an agenda aimed at shutting down and crippling America for some amoral or sinister purpose ?

Or do you just not give a feck about those who have lost loved ones ?

I’m saying you need to think a little deeper on what that 1.55M figure is in the denominator and what implications that might have when talking about the fatality rate.  Don’t give yourself a headache.  The true rate is not 5.99%.  You’re looking awful silly right now doubling down on that nonsense.

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 5/22/2020 at 10:29 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Exactly. There will not be anymore sizable shutdowns. If so, then there won’t be any revenue to fund the normal healthcare system, and routine surgeries and treatments will come to a halt, and people will be dying of the most simple conditions like they did 100 years ago. 

I remember when I was little I used to ask my mom if she could buy me the coolest toys and she’d tell me that we couldn’t afford it, and I would say to her “Why can’t you just right a check for it? Like a check was cash itself and a never ending book of them. But it sure seems like a lot of the younger generation just doesn’t get that there will be a horrible price to pay if our debt continues on its pace for too much longer. It’s just a harmless spreadsheet number to them with no consequences. Bernie Sanders supporters are ALL that way. Yeah, let’s just increase our yearly spending budget from $4 trillion to $12 trillion to $15 trillion and slow the economy to a grinding halt at the same time. The fiscal conservatives can’t even balance the budget these days, so let’s just give the car fvcking keys to Bernie to sort things out and make life better.  LOL.
OK, OK, I may have offended some Bernie supporters here and for that, I do genuinely apologize that I haven’t done it sooner, more often and more intensely. ❤️U  😂

I don't think the silly knownothing  "younger generation" are the ones who have been writing all the checks all these years.   Unfortunately we blew our wad giving tax cuts to boomers and billionaires for 50 years so go collect some of that money before being a deficit scold.  Hoover will tell you it is a bad idea to cut government spending in the face of an economic crisis.   Opening the doors is not a silver bullet for consumer confidence especially with no money in their pockets.   The plan better have more contours than just.... open all the doors. 

Posted Image

13 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Please explain your fuzzy math.

My calculator says 5.99%. Is it suddenly broken because the user is not a member of Trumpistan ?

Mug already mansplained it to you but you just want to believe what you want to believe.  You are using CONFIRMED cases as your denominator.  It does not include anyone who had it, with or without symptoms, and did not get tested.

13 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m saying you need to think a little deeper on what that 1.55M figure is in the denominator and what implications that might have when talking about the fatality rate.  Don’t give yourself a headache.  The true rate is not 5.99%.  You’re looking awful silly right now doubling down on that nonsense.

How can one look silly when he reads the CDC website and does a simple division calculation ?

Please link me to articles or sources that dispute the CDC numbers. 

I am trying to have an earnest conversation and all you and others do is say I am wrong without proof.

How very Trumpian of you.

Americans Mayor

4 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

How can one look silly when he reads the CDC website and does a simple division calculation ?

I am trying to have an earnest conversation and all you and others do is say I am wrong without proof.

I’m asking you to think about it.  Everyone else understands the simple concept.

How very Rain Man of you.

v0icAvfW.jpg

5 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Jesus you are dense.  I will type this in really small words for you.  More people have contracted COVID-19 than have tested positive for it.

Get it yet?

5 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m asking you to think about it.  Everyone else understands the simple concept.

How very Rain Man of you.

Americans Mayor

On 5/22/2020 at 9:38 AM, smltwnrckr said:

Well, I'm not arguing that they weren't needed (or that they were needed). I agree there isn't much point in relitigating the shut downs right now, though we'll certainly see them relitigated when cases start going up again. 

But It is clearly a failure on the part of the government that leaders at all levels were not immediately planning for, as you put it very well, how to mitigate the spread without shelter in place orders on the books. They should have been planning for that, and planning hard, as soon as they did put the house arrests on the books. The day they issued stay-at-home orders, they should have assumed that there was a hard expiration date on those orders. It is not clear that they have done that much at all. I was grumpy about many of the restrictions at the time, but I was much more concerned with the fact that they were clearly indefinite and there clearly wasn't an exist strategy or any will to get to one. 

I think it has to be relitigated just like the Iraq War was.

The post Trumpian GOP will resemble the post Iraq democrat party.  Everyone will always have been against it, and the leader of the party will be someone who can credibly claim that.  In other words this will kill Pence.

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Jesus you are dense.  I will type this in really small words for you.  More people have contracted COVID-19 than have tested positive for it.

Get it yet?

You mean like this?

https://reason.com/2020/05/24/the-cdcs-new-best-estimate-implies-a-covid-19-infection-fatality-rate-below-0-3/

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg