Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndroidAggie

qanon

18 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Imagine all the people living life for those on higher rungs.  

Man I'm glad that I am constitutionally lazy.  Makes it a lot easier to not join a cult

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Man I'm glad that I am constitutionally lazy.  Makes it a lot easier to not join a cult

Several years ago I was suckered into attending one of these cultish recruiting events for Primearica.  So a friend of mine (rather attractive) been pestering me for months to consider working on the side for her "financial brokerage".  I knew from the first conversation it was bad news and tried to explain it to her, she would get VERY defensive.  So finally she asked if I would be her "date" to a big company event and I could see for myself how awesome the opportunity was.  I went, thought if nothing else I could point out after the event all the BS so she would finally come to her senses.

It was bad.  They had speakers shouting about how they were worth millions and came from nothing.  They handed out weird certificates and title promotions to agents that did not seem to actually mean anything.  The people would run down while the lights were dimmed and "Eye of the tiger" was blaring to accept these weird new titles and ribbons and plaques.  

They leaned super heavy into the Christianity aspect every speech was ended with "praise God", they talked about attending church, really trying to tie being a member of the "company" into your salvation.  Spoke at lengths about how those who give up are not the material they are looking for anyways, how they are lazy, ignorant, and compared them to LITERAL slaves.  

I left after an hour, went to the hotel bar, and invited her to come talk to me afterwards.  She showed up, I explained everything that was so very wrong about expecting a bunch of high school drop outs and people with no experience to try and sell financial services to their family members, about the emphasis on recruiting, the down payments you need to pay "now!!!!" to get the best deal that will be gone afterwards.  She made a huge scene.  

Two years later she sent me an "I'm sorry and should have listened DM".  She drove away family, friends, lost money and time and generally made a fool out of herself.  

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yes, because it is imposed on the victims of tragedies of the last 50 years.  Terrorist attack?  Imagine.  Police brutality?  Imagine.  Racial prejudice?  Imagine.  Plane goes down?  Imagine.  

If it were not so popular and played seemingly every time something worth remembering and contemplating happens, it would be far less annoying.  If shallow people unable to think did not pass it off as having some special meaning that really speaks to them, it would be far less annoying.  The song is bad, what makes it unbearable is everything else associated with it.  

You’re lucky you weren’t around for this one:

image.jpeg.a7b1a8cf230682c21f3cfd7776a4a332.jpeg

…apple trees and honey bees and Snow White turtle doves…

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

You’re lucky you weren’t around for this one:

image.jpeg.a7b1a8cf230682c21f3cfd7776a4a332.jpeg

…apple trees and honey bees and Snow White turtle doves…

My 6th grade class sang that at graduation !

No phucking lie.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They are cults.  MLM/pyramid schemes are cults.  They destroy families and end friendships.  They are almost as damaging as "Imagine". 

You just lost out on an amazing business opportunity I was about to present to you.. Could have been your own boss too. 

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Several years ago I was suckered into attending one of these cultish recruiting events for Primearica.  So a friend of mine (rather attractive) been pestering me for months to consider working on the side for her "financial brokerage".  I knew from the first conversation it was bad news and tried to explain it to her, she would get VERY defensive.  So finally she asked if I would be her "date" to a big company event and I could see for myself how awesome the opportunity was.  I went, thought if nothing else I could point out after the event all the BS so she would finally come to her senses.

It was bad.  They had speakers shouting about how they were worth millions and came from nothing.  They handed out weird certificates and title promotions to agents that did not seem to actually mean anything.  The people would run down while the lights were dimmed and "Eye of the tiger" was blaring to accept these weird new titles and ribbons and plaques.  

They leaned super heavy into the Christianity aspect every speech was ended with "praise God", they talked about attending church, really trying to tie being a member of the "company" into your salvation.  Spoke at lengths about how those who give up are not the material they are looking for anyways, how they are lazy, ignorant, and compared them to LITERAL slaves.  

I left after an hour, went to the hotel bar, and invited her to come talk to me afterwards.  She showed up, I explained everything that was so very wrong about expecting a bunch of high school drop outs and people with no experience to try and sell financial services to their family members, about the emphasis on recruiting, the down payments you need to pay "now!!!!" to get the best deal that will be gone afterwards.  She made a huge scene.  

Two years later she sent me an "I'm sorry and should have listened DM".  She drove away family, friends, lost money and time and generally made a fool out of herself.  

Yeah. I think the whole deal with MLMs unfortunately exploits our national mythos. Every culture has scams that hit them right in the sweet spot... this one is our sweet spot. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

39 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

LMFAO of course @Spaztecs would like "Imagine".  What a basic.

image.png

Dammed good song.

Your musical taste is tasteless

Americans Mayor

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh my....this is priceless.  

You probably hate Jazz and R&B as well.

Americans Mayor

13 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I license insurance agents for a living. Primerica is terrible, and the people they submit licenses for are either career criminals that no one will hire or people so stupid that they can't follow instructions on how to submit fingerprints for a background check. I hate that company with every fiber of my being.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nope, I enjoy both on occasion.

But you so, totally, would consider Imagine a great song lmao.  That is such a Spaztecs take.  

You had to be alive when it was released. 

Context my good good man.

You know Civil Rights, Vietnam and all that chit was going down.

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

You had to be alive when it was released. 

You know Civil Rights, Vietnam and all that chit was going down.

Oh...my....lord.

That is EXACTLY what makes the song such +++++ing garbage.  Hilarious you don't get it.   Such a Spaztecs take.  

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh...my....lord.

That is EXACTLY what makes the song such +++++ing garbage.  Hilarious you don't get it.   Such a Spaztecs take.  

Such a half assed take.

You weren't around so you lack the historical context.

See my revised post.

Americans Mayor

1 minute ago, Spaztecs said:

Such a half assed take.

You weren't around so you lack the historical context.

See my revised post.

Oh this is priceless.  Oh Spaztecs you are so basic of course you would think "Imagine" relayed some important message.  Hint:  It does not.   

23 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Oh this is priceless.  Oh Spaztecs you are so basic of course you would think "Imagine" relayed some important message.  Hint:  It does not.   

~4 billion people living or recently passed disagree with you.

Then again you always fancy yourself as the final authority on everything.

Americans Mayor

Can't really hold it against halfman personally. As I only like 2 Beatles songs myself, and 1 of them wasn't even originally theirs.

Twist & Shout (too damn catchy for its own good), and She Loves You. Otherwise, I am quite happy without their songs.