Jump to content
fbpack

Let the rebuild begin Jalen Harris staying in draft

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

He wasn't fired for anything that had to do with cheating..that was all political with Steve Wynn/Robert Maxson..the NCAA's allegations were nothing but an excuse to oust Tark, you don't know wtf you're talking about.  I already explained why Tark was hounded/on constant probation by the NCAA and why his fight against them is vindicated to his day as I gave several concrete examples. 

Again, Tark sued the NCAA and won/settled in his favor-- and he never had a single win vacated at UNLV as a result of NCAA's many over-zealous and (illegal in the case of wire tapping and hidden camera) fueled investigations. I call that innocent until proven guilty. We're in agreement that UNLV lost its greatness after Tark...but atleast they made their mark in history. Not just the Final Fours and National Championship, but Tark calling out the NCAA's selective enforcement in favor of the modern P5 schools. Tark should be the hero of every G5 school because he's the only one that had the balls to speak-out against that injustice and sacrificed his legacy and career to do so. We can atleast find common ground in this debate and admit he was right all-along. 

Let's talk more about how the internet makes it more difficult to cheat...LOL do me a favor and just read the opening paragraph of this:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/13/sports/unc-north-carolina-ncaa.html

FACT: Tark LOST one of the single most important cases in NCAA history that validated the NCAA’s ability to govern its organization without due process. It settled wTark, because it’s was cheaper for the NCAA than it is to continue to fight AFTER it had the judgement it needed. How come you don’t ever argue those FACTS?

FACT: And had that case not taken 2 decades to work itself to the Supreme Court, Tark would have been suspended years earlier. The NCAA is failure as an organization because it’s supposed to be self-governing. Of course when you skirt rules, recruiting kids who can’t read and arguing the victim card you don’t care. 

Player’s who don’t even have high school diplomas would have ZERO chance of getting into Vegas these days. The NCAA finally started to monitor grad rates at every school. Kids have to take certain classes to qualify for the clearing house. Tark’s model is defunct. 

 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

FACT: Tark LOST one of the single most important cases in NCAA history that validated the NCAA’s ability to govern its organization without due process. It settled wTark, because it’s was cheaper for the NCAA than it is to continue to fight AFTER it had the judgement it needed. How come you don’t ever argue those FACTS?

FACT: And had that case not taken 2 decades to work itself to the Supreme Court, Tark would have been suspended years earlier. The NCAA is failure as an organization because it’s supposed to be self-governing. Of course when you skirt rules, recruiting kids who can’t read and arguing the victim card you don’t care. 

Player’s who don’t even have high school diplomas would have ZERO chance of getting into Vegas these days. The NCAA finally started to monitor grad rates at every school. Kids have to take certain classes to qualify for the clearing house. Tark’s model is defunct. 

 

still not gonna comment on that article Mr. Internet prevents cheating? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

still not gonna comment on that article Mr. Internet prevents cheating? LOL

Not what I said. But whatever. Facts are a bitter pill for Vegas fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

FACT: Tark LOST one of the single most important cases in NCAA history that validated the NCAA’s ability to govern its organization without due process. It settled wTark, because it’s was cheaper for the NCAA than it is to continue to fight AFTER it had the judgement it needed. How come you don’t ever argue those FACTS?

FACT: And had that case not taken 2 decades to work itself to the Supreme Court, Tark would have been suspended years earlier. The NCAA is failure as an organization because it’s supposed to be self-governing. Of course when you skirt rules, recruiting kids who can’t read and arguing the victim card you don’t care. 

Player’s who don’t even have high school diplomas would have ZERO chance of getting into Vegas these days. The NCAA finally started to monitor grad rates at every school. Kids have to take certain classes to qualify for the clearing house. Tark’s model is defunct. 

 

This is dumb.  What Tark and UNLV are remembered for by everybody I have ever talked to are two things.  Dominance and getting screwed by the NCAA.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

FACT: Tark LOST one of the single most important cases in NCAA history that validated the NCAA’s ability to govern its organization without due process. It settled wTark, because it’s was cheaper for the NCAA than it is to continue to fight AFTER it had the judgement it needed. How come you don’t ever argue those FACTS?

FACT: And had that case not taken 2 decades to work itself to the Supreme Court, Tark would have been suspended years earlier. The NCAA is failure as an organization because it’s supposed to be self-governing. Of course when you skirt rules, recruiting kids who can’t read and arguing the victim card you don’t care. 

Player’s who don’t even have high school diplomas would have ZERO chance of getting into Vegas these days. The NCAA finally started to monitor grad rates at every school. Kids have to take certain classes to qualify for the clearing house. Tark’s model is defunct. 

 

You're high if you think anything has changed.  The cheating is so blatant now that the NCAA knows its happening and allows it (because it helps their bottom line), that's why Duke for instance, has been outed numerous times, but yet never been penalized.  I'd even go as far as saying that every school cheats, probably always have, some are just better at it than others, a lot better.

The reason UNLV has been a disaster since Tark left is because of piss poor administrations that don't understand how important basketball is to the school, ego maniac boosters don't help the situation either.  It has nothing to do with cheating or not cheating.  Lon Kruger was leading us in the right direction and there's no reason we can't get back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

You're high if you think anything has changed.  The cheating is so blatant now that the NCAA knows its happening and allows it (because it helps their bottom line), that's why Duke for instance, has been outed numerous times, but yet never been penalized.  I'd even go as far as saying that every school cheats, probably always have, some are just better at it than others, a lot better.

The reason UNLV has been a disaster since Tark left is because of piss poor administrations that don't understand how important basketball is to the school, ego maniac boosters don't help the situation either.  It has nothing to do with cheating or not cheating.  Lon Kruger was leading us in the right direction and there's no reason we can't get back.

Your last sentence says it all. Lon Kruger WAS but he's at Oklahoma....wonder why....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Not what I said. But whatever. Facts are a bitter pill for Vegas fans. 

lol why do you put FACT infront of every sentence like that gives you anymore credibility?

you just sound like an even weirder dwight shrute

image.png.abfef0021d2e60b4591a0f66f067cab2.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×