fbpack

Let the rebuild begin Jalen Harris staying in draft

22 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Strawman my friend. PH was talking about how UNLV owns the conference. I responded that UNLV really hasn't done shit in the conference for ever. I guess if this makes you feel better, cool. You're making an argument against yourself here though. UNLVs success before many here were even born is impressive. I'll give you that. Call it a recency bias, but one little conference regular season or conference tourney title in the recent past would really help out here with the claim that UNLV owns the conference.  

UNLV is gonna win the Mountain F-CKIN’ West!  We’re gonna assert our F-CKIN’ dominance!  And we’re gonna have a lunch pale F-CKIN attitude!

• Idiot 1

11 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

UNLV is gonna win the Mountain F-CKIN’ West!  We’re gonna assert our F-CKIN’ dominance!  And we’re gonna have a lunch pale F-CKIN attitude!

Does TJ plan to have the team enter the court carrying a sledge hammer?

58 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I can’t disagree with adorable bunnies. 

47 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Does TJ plan to have the team enter the court carrying a sledge hammer?

Yes!  They’ll carry sledge-+++++IN’-hammers!  They’ll get +++++IN’ publicity!  And they’ll carry a bunny in their other +++++IN’ hand!

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I can’t disagree with adorable bunnies. 

Holland lops.

26 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Holland lops.

Do they taste good?

How come we don't eat more rabbit?

• Idiot 1

25 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Do they taste good?

They’re pets, not food.

On 5/21/2020 at 9:47 PM, ph90702 said:

UNLV’s conference.

UNLV does not have the talent of SDSU or Boise, but they play sound fundamentally.  Like women.

• Haha 3
  • Idiot 1

58 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Do they taste good?

I love rabbit.  Wild hair is one of my favorite meals.  Super low on fat though.  In fact, you can actually starve to death eating tons of rabbits as you will not get the fat your body needs.  Those ones look to have some good fat though.  I bet they would taste pretty good.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Strawman my friend. PH was talking about how UNLV owns the conference. I responded that UNLV really hasn't done shit in the conference for ever. I guess if this makes you feel better, cool. You're making an argument against yourself here though. UNLVs success before many here were even born is impressive. I'll give you that. Call it a recency bias, but one little conference regular season or conference tourney title in the recent past would really help out here with the claim that UNLV owns the conference.  

who cares? the only purpose of conference play, conference tourney, and the entire regular season in general is just to serve as a vehicle to perform in the NCAA Tourney. If your school has no accomplishments in the NCAA Tourney, your school has no accomplishments period.

13 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

who cares? the only purpose of conference play, conference tourney, and the entire regular season in general is just to serve as a vehicle to perform in the NCAA Tourney. If your school has no accomplishments in the NCAA Tourney, your school has no accomplishments period.

Excellent. Straw man gonna straw man. Don’t be deliberately obtuse unless that’s your game. The genesis of the discussion was PH saying UNLV owned the conference. My point was that UNLV hadn’t done anything in the conference recently. That’s all. Do you need some attention? Is that’s what’s going on?

Certainly tourney success is more important than conference success, which sort of speaks volumes to the state of UNLV because they have neither of late. USU doesn’t have tourney success, it’s true. I don’t recall making that argument either. You are just looking for a reason to be offended and argue at this point. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 7:32 PM, kingpotato said:

They'll be fine (eventually) under Alford. I think any realistic UNR fan knew that when Muss left their would be a pretty big rebuild project. 

Tough for the conference, but Boise looking better and better for next season. Even if Alston doesn't come back. 

The Serbian kid we just signed sounds like a good addition. Good size and experience playing good competition. 

It will hurt but college players all leave eventually.  Just the year before Nevada lost  the Martins, Caroline, Brown, Porter and Thurman.  They lost their entire coaching staff.  This is a rebuild but Alford managed to put a respectable team on the floor.  I suspect the Pack will still be okay.  I am looking forward to seeing how this new bunch does.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

It will hurt but college players all leave eventually.  Just the year before Nevada lost  the Martins, Caroline, Brown, Porter and Thurman.  They lost their entire coaching staff.  This is a rebuild but Alford managed to put a respectable team on the floor.  I suspect the Pack will still be okay.  I am looking forward to seeing how this new bunch does.

Terribly!  Long year!

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

The good thing is Alford recognizes talent with nice ceiling height and then knows how to develop it. Carter was a good guy and all, but looking back where we were at with him and then Johnson seemingly happy and content with Groth’s results, a rebuilding season with what we have now doesn’t sound bad at all. Johnson will be gone soon, Knuth is obviously great and we have a great coach that will eventually be making a tad over $2 million per year in this current contract, and the staff is great. The infamous quote from Groth that as long as she was AD, she would not be a part of the million dollar coaches salary sweepstakes (and she was referring to FB). BB not being anywhere near $1 million was so obvious it wasn’t brought up.