Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Let the rebuild begin Jalen Harris staying in draft

My motto used to be in Muss we trust. Now its in Alford I trust, I think Harris will be missed,but Alford knows how to coach and recruit. I would not be surprised to see a graduate transfer with very good  talent show up.

9 minutes ago, westfan said:

My motto used to be in Muss we trust. Now its in Alford I trust, I think Harris will be missed,but Alford knows how to coach and recruit. I would not be surprised to see a graduate transfer with very good  talent show up.

Grad transfer needs to be priority number 1.

I'm definitely bummed to see Harris go, but definitely understand the decision and wish him the best. I'd love to see him land in the NBA somewhere.

51 minutes ago, fbpack said:

Jalen Harris is staying in the draft. Alford has his work cut out!!

It was a rebuild regardless of whether he stayed or not.  Harris leaving opens up more time for other players. While Nevada will definitely miss a payer of Harris’ caliber, their rebuild will accelerate.

30 minutes ago, westfan said:

They'll be fine (eventually) under Alford. I think any realistic UNR fan knew that when Muss left their would be a pretty big rebuild project. 

Tough for the conference, but Boise looking better and better for next season. Even if Alston doesn't come back. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

They'll be fine (eventually) under Alford. I think any realistic UNR fan knew that when Muss left their would be a pretty big rebuild project. 

Tough for the conference, but Boise looking better and better for next season. Even if Alston doesn't come back. 

The Serbian kid we just signed sounds like a good addition. Good size and experience playing good competition. 

Is it too late to steal Josh Hall from Fullerton? We desperately use a senior wing or pg. Even if they're just a role player.l

2 hours ago, bigd said:

Is it too late to steal Josh Hall from Fullerton? We desperately use a senior wing or pg. Even if they're just a role player.l

They did take Vincent Lee from you, but is that a fair trade?

10 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

They did take Vincent Lee from you, but is that a fair trade?

They have basically become Nevada's mini-me:

HC Dedrique Taylor- Was an assistant at Nevada under both Fox and Johnson

Associate HC Gus Argenal- Assistant under Muss

Assistant coach Brandon Dunson - Was an assistant under Muss

Vincent Lee - transferred from Nevada

Josh Hall - transferred to CSUF, originally played for Nevada

Cameron Carter - the son of former Nevada HC David Carter, went to high school in Reno

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Shouldn't UNLV actually win a MW regular season championship before claiming that?

They did in 2000.

I’m a real F-CKIN’ man!  I got a big F-CKIN’ dick!  And I know how to treat a F-CKIN’ woman!

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Shouldn't UNLV actually win a MW regular season championship before claiming that?

I mean any significant conference accomplishment in the last decade be it regular season or tourney champs would be a start. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I mean any significant conference accomplishment in the last decade be it regular season or tourney champs would be a start. 

dude this is Utah St's NCAA Tourney record:

image.png.da4325d99794bba46879349a59b609c0.png

utah st doesn't have any relevant accomplishments...EVER. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

4 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

dude this is Utah St's NCAA Tourney record:

image.png.da4325d99794bba46879349a59b609c0.png

utah st doesn't have any relevant accomplishments...EVER. 

Strawman my friend. PH was talking about how UNLV owns the conference. I responded that UNLV really hasn't done shit in the conference for ever. I guess if this makes you feel better, cool. You're making an argument against yourself here though. UNLVs success before many here were even born is impressive. I'll give you that. Call it a recency bias, but one little conference regular season or conference tourney title in the recent past would really help out here with the claim that UNLV owns the conference.  

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.