Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

Boise State will be playing Football this Fall

I sure hope Idaho's govenor is right but saying "we can play the games, no problem" is a bit like tempting fate.  A lot is going to happen in the next 3 months.  Fingers crossed!

It looks like players can be on campus for “voluntary” summer workouts. I wonder how many will show up and what happens if some players get the virus. There is the potential to shut football down before fall camp.  With most states opening everything up in the next month we should get a pretty good handle on what’s going to transpire. 

53 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Boise is pretty much fully open except bars right? And 50 percent capacity on restaurants?

We are in stage two of the governors four stage plan to reopen businesses, etc. But yeah most businesses and restaurants are reopening. I believe bars opening are in stage three which is supposed to happen in another week provided things stay relatively the same. 

Positive cases have been relatively stable at 20-40 per day for over a month now.

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I sure hope Idaho's govenor is right but saying "we can play the games, no problem" is a bit like tempting fate.  A lot is going to happen in the next 3 months.  Fingers crossed!

Better to plan for games, than assume they're not coming.  It's easier to adjust the former if circumstances change.

Only thing is, football with spectators or without?

2 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Better to plan for games, than assume they're not coming.  It's easier to adjust the former if circumstances change.

Only thing is, football with spectators or without?

Remains to be seen how many spectators...I am guessing 50% of capacity...18,000 max.

broncomwc.png

3 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Boise is pretty much fully open except bars right? And 50 percent capacity on restaurants?

No, not all restaurants. Many have a hard time meeting CDC guidelines. I was surprised when I went to go grab some drinks and food that most of 8th St was still closed down. Although, they are going to close the whole street down to traffic and expand all the patios. Something I hope would not just be a temporary thing. I'd be totally down with expanding the Grove all the way to Bannock. 

22 minutes ago, broncobob said:

Remains to be seen how many spectators...I am guessing 50% of capacity...18,000 max.

That would negatively affect Boise more than any other MW school. Hell, 2/3 of the conference already hovers around 50% right now.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

That would negatively affect Boise more than any other MW school. Hell, 2/3 of the conference already hovers around 50% right now.

Then we should be set for bball season. 

4 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

Then we should be set for bball season. 

Unless something turns for the worse, I would be surprised if basketball didn't happen on time. Other than getting in and out, with what they tend to get and the size of the arena they could put 6k in there as long as they allowed same household people to sit together. 

I heard they flooded the secret underground practice facility with Lysol. Should be good to go soon.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

23 hours ago, broncobob said:

One thing somebody pointed out on THE Aztec football board is that our old oversized stadium could end up being a benefit this year. Because if the governor insists on continuing some wacky social distancing stuff, groups of handfuls of people could be located apart in some manner. I doubt it will come to that but it could conceivably be done.

21 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

Great news 👍😀. Because the Pokes are going to skull +++++ the donkeys this fall.  

I love college 😍 rivalries.

broncomwc.png

I hope the MWC (and all of CFB) finds a way to do it safely. Here's to sports resuming in the summer! :cheers:

On 5/21/2020 at 3:38 PM, kingpotato said:

No, not all restaurants. Many have a hard time meeting CDC guidelines. I was surprised when I went to go grab some drinks and food that most of 8th St was still closed down. Although, they are going to close the whole street down to traffic and expand all the patios. Something I hope would not just be a temporary thing. I'd be totally down with expanding the Grove all the way to Bannock. 

Most likely it’s that they either open at 100% or not at all.  Limiting capacity doesn’t help them from what quite a few restaurant owners have said.

1 hour ago, MWC Tex said:

Most likely it’s that they either open at 100% or not at all.  Limiting capacity doesn’t help them from what quite a few restaurant owners have said.

Yeah, but you have also been shown to be, well, pretty fecking clueless about this entire thing.  Anything you post on the subject at this point should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

21 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

One thing somebody pointed out on THE Aztec football board is that our old oversized stadium could end up being a benefit this year. Because if the governor insists on continuing some wacky social distancing stuff, groups of handfuls of people could be located apart in some manner. I doubt it will come to that but it could conceivably be done.

So like every other Aztec football game where 17k show up and they announce 35k?