Maynard Delecto

Why do so many MWCBOARDers like soccer?

I don't and "I'm Gay !"

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

American hate for soccer is so stupid 

I don't fault anyone for having an opinion and owning it, unless it contradicts mine. In that case it is so stupid. 

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I don't fault anyone for having an opinion and owning it, unless it contradicts mine. In that case it is so stupid. 

It's just petty tho

30 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

It's just petty tho

I wonder if futbol fans are as vocal in their distaste of American football :shrug:

8 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I wonder if futbol fans are as vocal in their distaste of American football :shrug:

In general they don't think about American football at all

• Like 1

It's stupid to hate any sport, except golf.  It's okay to hate golf.  Even if you play it, it's okay to hate it.  Golf is evil.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

It's stupid to hate any sport, except golf.  It's okay to hate golf.  Even if you play it, it's okay to hate it.  Golf is evil.

I love professional golf. It is the only sport which requires thought.

I like MLS professional soccer, but not as much as golf. However more than basketball, or many other sports.

Professional sports are generally dull. This is not true of golf or soccer. 

The LA Dodgers are repugnant and dull as well as stupid. Actually those are the Dodgers best qualities i.e. repugnant and dull and stupid.

Golf was created by the creator of the universe.

2 hours ago, 1066 said:

Golf was created by the creator of the universe.

God is Scottish?

Puts a whole new spin on things.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, RSF said:

God is Scottish?

Puts a whole new spin on things.

I do suspect that God is Scottish. However if so it still does not explain the kilt. It might explain the bagpipe but not the kilt.

I really enjoy European soccer, not so much MLS but I'll watch El Traffico.

I can see why some people are turned off by it: some of the ridiculous diving and injury acting makes it look like some theatrical production.  And then when the players take their shirts off and they're wearing bras...not gonna win over the common man.

On 5/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, AndroidAggie said:

American hate for soccer is so stupid 

Nah.  Soccer is incredibly boring.  The flopping is ridiculous.  Hating soccer is just "cool"  It is kind of like hating Nickle Back.  Does Nickle Back kinda suck?  Yeah.  Do they deserve the hate leveled towards them?  Not really.  Same with soccer. 

18 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Stupidest game.  Ever.   Play it 3 times a week. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nah.  Soccer is incredibly boring.  The flopping is ridiculous.  Hating soccer is just "cool"  It is kind of like hating Nickle Back.  Does Nickle Back kinda suck?  Yeah.  Do they deserve the hate leveled towards them?  Not really.  Same with soccer. 

The flopping is a joke.   But good soccer is not boring to me at all. The problem is actually finding good soccer to watch.   MLS is boring as hell. 

10 minutes ago, roughrider said:

The flopping is a joke.   But good soccer is not boring to me at all. The problem is actually finding good soccer to watch.   MLS is boring as hell. 

World Cup and Olympics is must watch.  I will catch every match I can.  Outside of that I could really care less as I do not have a rooting interest.  MLS is trash.  European soccer is fun but I just can not find a rooting interest or catch enough games to really bring me in.  When I can root for the USA, Norway, Sweden and Ireland I really enjoy it.  Or I enjoy it at least as much as other Olympic and Global events.  I will watch ping pong played at the highest level if I have a rooting interest.

• Cheers 1