Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Officially an old fart now.

Bought an RV, 31 ft Minnie Winnie. Sold our trailer and traded in the Sprinter Van(worst purchase of my life). 

During the earthquake 2 months ago the bridge to our cabin in Stanley collapsed and we had no access other than walking across the river(it was low and easy for me to cross but wouldn’t do it with kids). The bridge ended up being on someone else’s property but was necessary for 6 other home owners for access. They couldn’t afford to repair, and our lawyer advised against us all chipping in because of liability issues. Long story short the Army Corp of Engineers stepped in and built one free of charge.

Im not much of a doomsday guy but it’s nice having something I can scoop the family in and disappear.

E082AB10-C7D5-406A-BA98-78B17E4686F1.jpeg

AA3311FF-E3BE-4C06-989C-F8E4C2BE339A.jpeg

38FBCB81-6A39-45FC-ABED-6A676D3B10EB.jpeg

That’s the thing.. The sprinter van was more expensive than this. It had nicer seats and a few more bells and whistles but this thing sleeps 10. I guess the main issue was I just didn’t drive it enough to get the value out of it lol.

31 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

And it didn’t fit through a drive through lol.. I was the idiot that had to stop and get out, ask people to back up because I was gonna knock the sign over.

Find out what goes wrong with the MW and buy the parts. That way when you break down in the middle of nowhere and you’re towed to the nearest garage in the middle of nowhere, you don’t have to hear “Well, it’s kind of late to be working....it’s a 4 hour job that I could do it right now except it’s going to take 4 days for that part to get here.” Then you walk out of the office, grab the part in the MW, and bring it to the office and plop it put on the counter. “It’s 6:18 pm right now. If you’re done by 10:18 pm, you get this tip and you flash him the money. Then you’re on the road again before 10:30.

kat.jpg

stars-of-breaking-bad-arrive-to-premiere-in-rv.jpg

On a serious note, have fun on your journey. B) 

4 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Bought an RV, 31 ft Minnie Winnie. Sold our trailer and traded in the Sprinter Van(worst purchase of my life). 

During the earthquake 2 months ago the bridge to our cabin in Stanley collapsed and we had no access other than walking across the river(it was low and easy for me to cross but wouldn’t do it with kids). The bridge ended up being on someone else’s property but was necessary for 6 other home owners for access. They couldn’t afford to repair, and our lawyer advised against us all chipping in because of liability issues. Long story short the Army Corp of Engineers stepped in and built one free of charge.

Im not much of a doomsday guy but it’s nice having something I can scoop the family in and disappear.

E082AB10-C7D5-406A-BA98-78B17E4686F1.jpeg

AA3311FF-E3BE-4C06-989C-F8E4C2BE339A.jpeg

38FBCB81-6A39-45FC-ABED-6A676D3B10EB.jpeg

Those better be grandkids or I'm gonna call BS on "old fart" status.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Find out what goes wrong with the MW and buy the parts. That way when you break down in the middle of nowhere and you’re towed to the nearest garage in the middle of nowhere, you don’t have to hear “Well, it’s kind of late to be working....it’s a 4 hour job that I could do it right now except it’s going to take 4 days for that part to get here.” Then you walk out of the office, grab the part in the MW, and bring it to the office and plop it put on the counter. “It’s 6:18 pm right now. If you’re done by 10:18 pm, you get this tip and you flash him the money. Then you’re on the road again before 10:30.

I’m not sure I could find someone who knows less about cars than I do. Put a gun to my head I could change a tire. Oil I could drain but I’m not confident in my dipstick reading abilities.

5 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Lol nope, 4 mine and another on the way. Because I apparently don’t understand where babies come from. I’ll be 40 in September.

I was 39 when my last one was announced to me.  A month later I found out that the last one would be twins.  I discovered recently that there is only one thing better than kids, and that's grandkids.

Nice ride, enjoy your family.

15 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Lol nope, 4 mine and another on the way. Because I apparently don’t understand where babies come from. I’ll be 40 in September.

Damn you mean I was arguing with a 20 year old 20 years ago..SMH

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

41 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I see a frozen bag of peas in your not so distant future.  

11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

d990b6ab082d5cb639ccd674f9e64223.jpg

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok