Jump to content
IanforHeisman

Officially an old fart now.

Recommended Posts

Bought an RV, 31 ft Minnie Winnie. Sold our trailer and traded in the Sprinter Van(worst purchase of my life). 
 

During the earthquake 2 months ago the bridge to our cabin in Stanley collapsed and we had no access other than walking across the river(it was low and easy for me to cross but wouldn’t do it with kids). The bridge ended up being on someone else’s property but was necessary for 6 other home owners for access. They couldn’t afford to repair, and our lawyer advised against us all chipping in because of liability issues. Long story short the Army Corp of Engineers stepped in and built one free of charge.

 

Im not much of a doomsday guy but it’s nice having something I can scoop the family in and disappear.

E082AB10-C7D5-406A-BA98-78B17E4686F1.jpeg

AA3311FF-E3BE-4C06-989C-F8E4C2BE339A.jpeg

38FBCB81-6A39-45FC-ABED-6A676D3B10EB.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Cheers 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sprinter Van sucked? Really?! I want to buy one... just trying to wrap my head around the $120k price tag.

I love the motor home btw. My parents had one when I was a kid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s the thing.. The sprinter van was more expensive than this. It had nicer seats and a few more bells and whistles but this thing sleeps 10. I guess the main issue was I just didn’t drive it enough to get the value out of it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it didn’t fit through a drive through lol.. I was the idiot that had to stop and get out, ask people to back up because I was gonna knock the sign over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

And it didn’t fit through a drive through lol.. I was the idiot that had to stop and get out, ask people to back up because I was gonna knock the sign over.

Find out what goes wrong with the MW and buy the parts. That way when you break down in the middle of nowhere and you’re towed to the nearest garage in the middle of nowhere, you don’t have to hear “Well, it’s kind of late to be working....it’s a 4 hour job that I could do it right now except it’s going to take 4 days for that part to get here.” Then you walk out of the office, grab the part in the MW, and bring it to the office and plop it put on the counter. “It’s 6:18 pm right now. If you’re done by 10:18 pm, you get this tip and you flash him the money. Then you’re on the road again before 10:30.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stars-of-breaking-bad-arrive-to-premiere-in-rv.jpg

On a serious note, have fun on your journey. B) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Bought an RV, 31 ft Minnie Winnie. Sold our trailer and traded in the Sprinter Van(worst purchase of my life). 
 

During the earthquake 2 months ago the bridge to our cabin in Stanley collapsed and we had no access other than walking across the river(it was low and easy for me to cross but wouldn’t do it with kids). The bridge ended up being on someone else’s property but was necessary for 6 other home owners for access. They couldn’t afford to repair, and our lawyer advised against us all chipping in because of liability issues. Long story short the Army Corp of Engineers stepped in and built one free of charge.

 

Im not much of a doomsday guy but it’s nice having something I can scoop the family in and disappear.

E082AB10-C7D5-406A-BA98-78B17E4686F1.jpeg

AA3311FF-E3BE-4C06-989C-F8E4C2BE339A.jpeg

38FBCB81-6A39-45FC-ABED-6A676D3B10EB.jpeg

Those better be grandkids or I'm gonna call BS on "old fart" status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Those better be grandkids or I'm gonna call BS on "old fart" status.

Lol nope, 4 mine and another on the way. Because I apparently don’t understand where babies come from. I’ll be 40 in September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Find out what goes wrong with the MW and buy the parts. That way when you break down in the middle of nowhere and you’re towed to the nearest garage in the middle of nowhere, you don’t have to hear “Well, it’s kind of late to be working....it’s a 4 hour job that I could do it right now except it’s going to take 4 days for that part to get here.” Then you walk out of the office, grab the part in the MW, and bring it to the office and plop it put on the counter. “It’s 6:18 pm right now. If you’re done by 10:18 pm, you get this tip and you flash him the money. Then you’re on the road again before 10:30.

I’m not sure I could find someone who knows less about cars than I do. Put a gun to my head I could change a tire. Oil I could drain but I’m not confident in my dipstick reading abilities.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Lol nope, 4 mine and another on the way. Because I apparently don’t understand where babies come from. I’ll be 40 in September.

I was 39 when my last one was announced to me.  A month later I found out that the last one would be twins.  I discovered recently that there is only one thing better than kids, and that's grandkids.

Nice ride, enjoy your family.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Lol nope, 4 mine and another on the way. Because I apparently don’t understand where babies come from. I’ll be 40 in September.

Damn you mean I was arguing with a 20 year old 20 years ago..SMH

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Damn you mean I was arguing with a 20 year old 20 years ago..SMH

Lol right.. I miss the old WAC days. Now I gotta see if the WAC board even exists anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Lol nope, 4 mine and another on the way. Because I apparently don’t understand where babies come from. I’ll be 40 in September.

I see a frozen bag of peas in your not so distant future.  
 

 

  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I see a frozen bag of peas in your not so distant future.  
 

 

Made the appointment twice, just can’t do it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Made the appointment twice, just can’t do it.

Was going to do it earlier this year until March Madness was cancelled... maybe next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Was going to do it earlier this year until March Madness was cancelled... maybe next year.

Here you are watching March Madness 2021!

Matt Besler on Twitter: "Sunday Morning vibes, watching sports of ...

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Find out what goes wrong with the MW and buy the parts. That way when you break down in the middle of nowhere and you’re towed to the nearest garage in the middle of nowhere, you don’t have to hear “Well, it’s kind of late to be working....it’s a 4 hour job that I could do it right now except it’s going to take 4 days for that part to get here.” Then you walk out of the office, grab the part in the MW, and bring it to the office and plop it put on the counter. “It’s 6:18 pm right now. If you’re done by 10:18 pm, you get this tip and you flash him the money. Then you’re on the road again before 10:30.

d990b6ab082d5cb639ccd674f9e64223.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@IanforHeisman that thing is awesome. Did you buy it used? Care to share the price?

The wife has been badgering me to get something like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×