Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nvspuds

One time transfer

So, explain this to me please. If USC decides to cancel football for this year, and all their players bail, they’ll have to sit a year no matter what. No shot at a waiver to play right away?  

31 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

So, explain this to me please. If USC decides to cancel football for this year, and all their players bail, they’ll have to sit a year no matter what. No shot at a waiver to play right away?  

I have no idea about how that plays out.  I just posted the news.

California is going to be a huge case study for all this ‘to play or not to play sports’ because of corona. 
Besides the Cal state so and so’s, which other schools are governed by the cal state system mandate for not playing this year? 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

13 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

California is going to be a huge case study for all this ‘to play or not to play sports’ because of corona. 
Besides the Cal state so and so’s, which other schools are governed by the cal state system mandate for not playing this year? 

That wasnt the mandate.  

https://www.wtkr.com/sports/football-still-a-possibility-at-big-3-cal-state-schools

The California State University system’s plan for a mostly virtual fall semester due to the coronavirus pandemic doesn’t necessarily close the door on football at its three schools that play in the far-flung Mountain West Conference.

San Diego State is looking at having football players return to campus no earlier than July 7 and is making plans to play the season as scheduled, athletic director John David Wicker said.

SDSU is proceeding because it envisions a fall schedule that includes a hybrid model of classes, in which some students will be on campus for in-person instruction such as labs while other classes will be held online.

NCAA President Mark Emmert said recently that campuses must be open “in one fashion or another” in order to have sports this fall.

Wicker said SDSU had been planning for a hybrid model, no matter what, and feels that CSU Chancellor Timothy White’s announcement was misconstrued by some people who thought fall sports would be canceled.

“We’re going to have students on campus,” Wicker said.

July 7 is the target date for bringing back football players because it is the start of the second summer session.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.