Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

President Voter Suppression

Plus, there was vote harvesting....

Eight days before the March 17 primary, a Trump representative picked up vote-by-mail ballots at the Palm Beach County Elections Office, said Supervisor of Elections Wendy Sartory Link. The same person returned the ballots to the elections office the day before the primary.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

15 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Are you seriously this obtuse?  No voting by mail isn't fraud, but it is an open door for voter fraud.  You put an envelope in the mail with your name, party affiliation, and voter ID on it and you're just supposed to assume that it's going to be entered correctly regardless of who handles it?? 

C'mon man, drop the TDS and look at the real picture.  The Dems have been fighting for years to get rid of safeguards regarding an election.  Are they doing that to help people vote (who were perfectly capable of voting 20 years ago), or do they have something else in mind.  Yeah, some Republicans cheat too, I get it.  It's the Dems though who are trying to streamline it.

The same way you have to assume your ballot that you put in a box in the poliing place or the machine you push a button on will be counted correctly. When done correctly(which to my knowledge everywhere is done correctly) vote by mail is just as secure or moreso than in person balloting.

16 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Are you seriously this obtuse?  No voting by mail isn't fraud, but it is an open door for voter fraud.  You put an envelope in the mail with your name, party affiliation, and voter ID on it and you're just supposed to assume that it's going to be entered correctly regardless of who handles it?? 

C'mon man, drop the TDS and look at the real picture.  The Dems have been fighting for years to get rid of safeguards regarding an election.  Are they doing that to help people vote (who were perfectly capable of voting 20 years ago), or do they have something else in mind.  Yeah, some Republicans cheat too, I get it.  It's the Dems though who are trying to streamline it.

I'm not sure how mail in voting works in other states but in WA it is very secure.  Why should I trust a USPS mail carrier any less than a polling place worker?  Also, in WA the staffer that checks my voter registration status and signature on my mailing envelope is NOT the same staffer that removes my ballot from the unmarked sealed security envelope and then scans my ballot.  Therefore, the person scanning my ballot does not know my name, party affiliation or voter ID.

wa_vbm.png

I can register to vote at VoteWa.gov or in person as per usual.

Prior to an election the state mails me a voter phamplet prior to mailing me my ballot.

• This voter phamphlet gives me information on candidates and issues as well as election timelines and when to expect receiveing my ballot in the mail.

If I do not receive my ballot within the timeframe shown on my voter phamphlet I can log into VoteWa.gov or call my county to report my ballet as lost.  Becasue each ballot has a distinct bar code the lost, damaged or stolen ballot is then nullified and cannot be counted.  A replacement ballot is sent to me.

Once I receive my ballot I mark my choices and place my ballot inside a security envelope that I seal.  The only thing on that ballot that identifies me is a bar code.  The bar code on the ballot inside the security envelope matches the bar code on a receipt that I tear off my ballot and retain for my records/verification prior to sealing the security envelope.

• I place the security envelope inside a mailing envelope and then mail or dropped off my ballot at a ballot drop box.
  • I can go online to VoteWa.gov to see when my ballot was recieved and if it has been counted.

If the security envelope containing my ballot has been broken, unsealed or if the signature on my mailing envelope does not match my signiture on file with my voter registration record I will be contacted.

• If my ballot is determined to have been compromised it will not be counted and I may be allowed to fil out a new ballot.

10 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I'm not sure how mail in voting works in other states but in WA it is very secure.  Why should I trust a USPS mail carrier any less than a polling place worker?

wa_vbm.png

I can register to vote at VoteWa.gov or in person as per usual.

Prior to an election the state mails me a voter phamplet prior to mailing me my ballot.

• This voter phamphlet gives me information on candidates and issues as well as election timelines and when to expect receiveing my ballot in the mail.

If I do not receive my ballot within the timeframe shown on my voter phamphlet I can log into VoteWa.gov or call my county to report my ballet as lost.  Becasue each ballot has a distinct bar code the lost, damaged or stolen ballot is then nullified and cannot be counted.  A replacement ballot is sent to me.

Once I receive my ballot I mark my choices and place my ballot inside a security envelope that I seal.  The only thing on that ballot that identifies me is a bar code.  The bar code on the ballot inside the security envelope matches the bar code on a receipt that I tear off my ballot and retain for my records/verification prior to sealing the security envelope.

• I place the security envelope inside a mailing envelope and then mail or dropped off my ballot at a ballot drop box.
  • I can go online to VoteWa.gov to see when my ballot was recieved and if it has been counted.

If the security envelope containing my ballot has been broken, unsealed or if the signature on my mailing envelope does not match my signiture on file with my voter registration record I will be contacted.

• If my ballot is determined to have been compromised it will not be counted and I may be allowed to fil out a new ballot.

Sounds like a wonderful system.

1 minute ago, tspoke said:

Sounds like a wonderful system.

I've yet to have anyone show me evidence that the mail in voting system used in WA is fradulent or even more vulnerable to fraud than in person voting.  Seriously.......I'm waiting..........................

2 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I've yet to have anyone show me evidence that the mail in voting system used in WA is fradulent or even more vulnerable to fraud than in person voting.  Seriously.......I'm waiting..........................

Here is the tell-tale. Have you ever heard of anyone from Washington, Republican or Democrat, have any serious issues with the mail-in system? I never have here in Oregon. Not only is a majority seemingly good with the system, it is a source of state pride. 

22 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It is. Those bunch of copiers up there in Washington had a good teacher. ;)

I lived and voted by mail in OR from 2001 to 2005.  That said, voting by mail and NOT paying state income tax is far more satisfying :P.  Viva La Washington!

23 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Here is the tell-tale. Have you ever heard of anyone from Washington, Republican or Democrat, have any serious issues with the mail-in system? I never have here in Oregon. Not only is a majority seemingly good with the system, it is a source of state pride. 

Hey, you forgot Independents!  Everyone forgets Independents of which I am one.  I have friends on both sides of the political aisle and to a person we trust and love voting by mail here in WA.

1 minute ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I lived and voted by mail in OR from 2001 to 2005.  That said, voting by mail and NOT paying state income tax is far more satisfying :P.  Viva La Washington!

Of course, with all this tax-free shopping I hardly even noticed!

(That's a lie. I very much notice.)

2 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Hey, you forgot Independents!  Everyone forgets Independents of which I am one.  I have friends on both sides of the political aisle and to a person we trust and love voting by mail here in WA.

I just assumed independents were on the fence about it. :rimshot1: 

On 5/20/2020 at 9:35 AM, retrofade said:

About what? 

representation

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 5/21/2020 at 11:54 AM, NVGiant said:

Here in Utah we have been voting by mail since 2013, but I guess that is because the state is run by a bunch of leftists,

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

On 5/21/2020 at 9:05 AM, retrofade said:

:lol:

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

https://thehill.com/regulation/499402-gop-sues-california-over-newsoms-vote-by-mail-order

The Republican Party is suing California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) over his order to send every registered voter in the state a ballot by mail for the November elections.

"[California's] election system is already burdened with serious issues. The disastrous Motor Voter program arbitrarily changed voter registration for thousands casting doubt on the integrity and accuracy of our voter rolls," California Republican Party Chairwoman Jessica Millan Patterson said in a statement on Sunday.

The lawsuit, filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, alleges the directive deprives Californians of their constitutional right to vote by making fraudulent voting inevitable. 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

https://thehill.com/regulation/499402-gop-sues-california-over-newsoms-vote-by-mail-order

The Republican Party is suing California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) over his order to send every registered voter in the state a ballot by mail for the November elections.

"[California's] election system is already burdened with serious issues. The disastrous Motor Voter program arbitrarily changed voter registration for thousands casting doubt on the integrity and accuracy of our voter rolls," California Republican Party Chairwoman Jessica Millan Patterson said in a statement on Sunday.

The lawsuit, filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, alleges the directive deprives Californians of their constitutional right to vote by making fraudulent voting inevitable. 

Man, I thought the state Republican committee in Nevada was dumb but this is next level.