Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

President Voter Suppression

22 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Are you seriously this obtuse?  No voting by mail isn't fraud, but it is an open door for voter fraud.  You put an envelope in the mail with your name, party affiliation, and voter ID on it and you're just supposed to assume that it's going to be entered correctly regardless of who handles it?? 

C'mon man, drop the TDS and look at the real picture.  The Dems have been fighting for years to get rid of safeguards regarding an election.  Are they doing that to help people vote (who were perfectly capable of voting 20 years ago), or do they have something else in mind.  Yeah, some Republicans cheat too, I get it.  It's the Dems though who are trying to streamline it.

So I guess all of those states that use it as the primary form of voting are all experiencing massive fraud, right? 

This has nothing to do with "TDS" or whatever GOP conspiracy theory you want to trot out. This is about the rampant voter suppression efforts that the GOP has been engaged in. Hell, they've even admitted that they lose if voter turnout is high.

https://mailtribune.com/news/happening-now/oregon-study-of-voter-irregularities-finds-54-possible-cases

A study of the November 2016 election in Oregon has revealed 54 cases of suspected voter fraud, representing only .002 percent of votes cast, Oregon secretary of state Dennis Richardson announced Friday.

Of the total, 46 people apparently voted in Oregon and in some other state, six ballots were turned in under the names of people listed as dead, and two people appeared to have voted more than once, Richardson said in a videotaped announcement . Richardson, a former Republican state representative from Central Point, said the evidence has been turned over to the state attorney general's office for criminal investigation and prosecution.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

26 minutes ago, RSF said:

https://mailtribune.com/news/happening-now/oregon-study-of-voter-irregularities-finds-54-possible-cases

A study of the November 2016 election in Oregon has revealed 54 cases of suspected voter fraud, representing only .002 percent of votes cast, Oregon secretary of state Dennis Richardson announced Friday.

Of the total, 46 people apparently voted in Oregon and in some other state, six ballots were turned in under the names of people listed as dead, and two people appeared to have voted more than once, Richardson said in a videotaped announcement . Richardson, a former Republican state representative from Central Point, said the evidence has been turned over to the state attorney general's office for criminal investigation and prosecution.

Nah man, voting by mail means rampant fraud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, retrofade said:

Honestly, vote by mail is superior in every way. I worry about states rushing to do it now, but ultimately it works well if done right. It’s a shame that it became a partisan issue, because there isn’t a good argument against it.

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Honestly, vote by mail is superior in every way. I worry about states rushing to do it now, but ultimately it works well if done right. It’s a shame that it became a partisan issue, because there isn’t a good argument against it.

Yes there is, it's completely fraudulent because it means more people vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

1. Voter fraud is extremely hard to catch and even harder to prove and prosecute.

2. The way traditional voting has taken place, I don’t think anyone thinks voting fraud is so big it can change every race. It’s the tight races it can, and has impacted. 

3. If there are proper security protections in place, voting by mail shouldn’t be any more controversial than early voting. But the Dems don’t want any security measures that are necessary, and that’s a huge problem. 

4. Voter/Ballot Harvesting should be illegal in every state. The only person that should possess your ballot and know who you voted for should be you or your legit caregiver. It’s amazing that in 2020, pretty much anyone can print out your ballot without your permission or knowledgeable. They can do two things with it. They can forge your signature and submit it as a vote illegally, or in most states they can come knocking at your door and ask you to fill it out and sign. The monster problem with that is voter suppression via intimidation. In minority neighborhoods, especially black, most think it is your duty to vote Dem. Even famous blacks that declare they’re conservative, they’re targeted. When Kanye came out and endorsed Trump, even a guy that’s so loved by so many blacks, a lot of gangs put a bounty on his head. He can afford security, but your typical person can’t. So if you refuse to fill out your ballot and sign it out of privacy concerns the bad people will assume you’re voting GOP and let everyone know, and you’re screwed. I remember a TV station back in the 2000’s did a story on how long a car with a Bush sticker on it would last in the projects. It only took 45 minutes for a few men with baseball bats to smash out the windows, beat the entire car, and puncture the tires. That says it all. 

5. As far as dumbing down security requirements to cater to people that don’t have their act together enough to even have a gov ID due to severe drug addiction, living on the streets with no money, or whatever, that’s an entirely different topic of discussion. The left wants nothing but to use these people for votes and exploit them. The left likes to push that voting is an Absolute Right in the Constitution, but fail to mention it’s also a Qualified Right where each state will determine who’s qualified to vote. Just voting for people or propositions without understanding the issues is dangerous. The Dems are happy to tell these down and out people who to vote for. As a citizen you’re required to know every Federal, State and Local law. If you ask a friend if it’s legal to own and hunt with a certain fire arm, and your friend is wrong, when you get busted, it’s all on you for not knowing the law. If you’re going to vote and change these laws, you better know the issue and blow off other opinions.  If Dems were so concerned about these people and really cared, they would give them real support that really got them get off the street or their vices, helping them get a gov ID, helping them get a clear mind to decide and vote for themselves. The Dems will justify telling these people how to vote saying they have a bunch of entitlement goodies to give them to improve their lives and become dependent on the left. But it never works. They don’t get very many people off the street, off drugs or whatever and this poor fellow will just continue on doing the same thing, and was just used for his vote. 

kat.jpg

9 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

1. Voter fraud is extremely hard to catch and even harder to prove and prosecute.

2. The way traditional voting has taken place, I don’t think anyone thinks voting fraud is so big it can change every race. It’s the tight races it can, and has impacted. 

3. If there are proper security protections in place, voting by mail shouldn’t be any more controversial than early voting. But the Dems don’t want any security measures that are necessary, and that’s a huge problem. 

4. Voter/Ballot Harvesting should be illegal in every state. The only person that should possess your ballot and know who you voted for should be you or your legit caregiver. It’s amazing that in 2020, pretty much anyone can print out your ballot without your permission or knowledgeable. They can do two things with it. They can forge your signature and submit it as a vote illegally, or in most states they can come knocking at your door and ask you to fill it out and sign. The monster problem with that is voter suppression via intimidation. In minority neighborhoods, especially black, most think it is your duty to vote Dem. Even famous blacks that declare they’re conservative, they’re targeted. When Kanye came out and endorsed Trump, even a guy that’s so loved by so many blacks, a lot of gangs put a bounty on his head. He can afford security, but your typical person can’t. So if you refuse to fill out your ballot and sign it out of privacy concerns the bad people will assume you’re voting GOP and let everyone know, and you’re screwed. I remember a TV station back in the 2000’s did a story on how long a car with a Bush sticker on it would last in the projects. It only took 45 minutes for a few men with baseball bats to smash out the windows, beat the entire car, and puncture the tires. That says it all. 

5. As far as dumbing down security requirements to cater to people that don’t have their act together enough to even have a gov ID due to severe drug addiction, living on the streets with no money, or whatever, that’s an entirely different topic of discussion. The left wants nothing but to use these people for votes and exploit them. The left likes to push that voting is an Absolute Right in the Constitution, but fail to mention it’s also Qualified Right where each state will determine who’s qualified to vote. Just voting for people tell you to vote for 

Ah yes, the coveted homeless methhead voting block. Highly coveted and influential. I heard 7 of them voted in 2016.

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Ah yes, the coveted homeless methhead voting block. Highly coveted and influential. I heard 7 of them voted in 2016.

I didn’t say they were all homeless. You tell me then. Who are all these people we hear about that don’t have their shit together to even have a gov ID that’s required to function in every other facet of modern life? Why are these people so discriminated against and “disenfranchised”? Are you admitting it’s a total fraud?

kat.jpg

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

5. As far as dumbing down security requirements to cater to people that don’t have their act together enough to even have a gov ID due to severe drug addiction, living on the streets with no money, or whatever, that’s an entirely different topic of discussion. The left wants nothing but to use these people for votes and exploit them. The left likes to push that voting is an Absolute Right in the Constitution, but fail to mention it’s also a Qualified Right where each state will determine who’s qualified to vote. Just voting for people or propositions without understanding the issues is dangerous. The Dems are happy to tell these down and out people who to vote for. As a citizen you’re required to know every Federal, State and Local law. If you ask a friend if it’s legal to own and hunt with a certain fire arm, and your friend is wrong, when you get busted, it’s all on you for not knowing the law. If you’re going to vote and change these laws, you better know the issue and blow off other opinions.  If Dems were so concerned about these people and really cared, they would give them real support that really got them get off the street or their vices, helping them get a gov ID, helping them get a clear mind to decide and vote for themselves. The Dems will justify telling these people how to vote saying they have a bunch of entitlement goodies to give them to improve their lives and become dependent on the left. But it never works. They don’t get very many people off the street, off drugs or whatever and this poor fellow will just continue on doing the same thing, and was just used for his vote. 

On 5/20/2020 at 7:25 AM, Jackrabbit said:

Trump is just noting that activist state and federal govts all around the country will do anything to remove him....even if they break the law ....and you would approve of it.

Did you complain when a local govt opened voting kiosks in Dem districts?

¿Federal Gov't all-around the country?

¿Since wyo was the first to pass suffrage, are y'all on top to the the "Activist State" list?

No...I did complain about those shinanigans in NC Fall 2018.

13 hours ago, NVGiant said:

It's NOT a partisan issue.  The GOP is the only party that has a problem w/it.

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I didn’t say they were all homeless. You tell me then. Who are all these people we hear about that don’t have their shit together to even have a gov ID that’s required to function in every other facet of modern life? Why are these people so discriminated against and “disenfranchised”? Are you admitting it’s a total fraud?

Really old black ppl that were born in The South.  Many of them have jacked up birth certs.

Who are all these people we hear about that don’t have their shit together to even have a gov ID that’s required to function in every other facet of modern life? 

There are 254 counties in Texas.  78 of them do not have a DPS (Dept of Public Safety) office, where IDs would be obtained.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I'm not playing your game but if you think homeless methheads, methheads in homes, or the generally homeless, or people that don't have their shit together to get off drugs or live indoors, give two shits about about voting then I don't know what to tell you.

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Doesn't Trump vote by mail?

Trump has used the absentee voting system in at least three elections: Trump voted by mail during New York’s mayoral election in 2017, cast an absentee ballot during the state’s midterm election the following year, and again used a vote-by-mail ballot in Florida’s primary election in 2020.