Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

President Voter Suppression

update: He deleted the original tweet, and now notes the fact that they're applications. I'm not entirely certain why absentee ballot applications are illegal. But this is Trump, so who knows what the +++++ is going on in that lizard brain of his.

Trump is just noting that activist state and federal govts all around the country will do anything to remove him....even if they break the law ....and you would approve of it.

Did you complain when a local govt opened voting kiosks in Dem districts?

Trump is wrong.  They didnt send any ballots.  Took about 5 seconds to find that out, if one were so inclined.

Hi! I also have a name, it’s Jocelyn Benson. And we sent applications, not ballots. Just like my GOP colleagues in Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska and West Virginia. https://t.co/kBsu4nHvOy

— Jocelyn Benson (@JocelynBenson) May 20, 2020

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

And Michigan sent APPLICATIONS for absentee ballots, not actual ballots. He's going after Nevada, too.

Meanwhile, here in Oregon, I received my mail-in ballot two weeks ago. Took my time going through each race and missed the mail-in deadline, which happens with me every election. So yesterday I dropped it off at a drive-through ballot box with no line. The unspeakable horror of such a painful process really puts the hand-wringing over mail-in balloting in its proper light.

6 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Trump is just noting that activist state and federal govts all around the country will do anything to remove him....even if they break the law ....and you would approve of it.

Did you complain when a local govt opened voting kiosks in Dem districts?

I mean, you might have a point if that actually happened. 

25 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

And Michigan sent APPLICATIONS for absentee ballots, not actual ballots. He's going after Nevada, too.

Meanwhile, here in Oregon, I received my mail-in ballot two weeks ago. Took my time going through each race and missed the mail-in deadline, which happens with me every election. So yesterday I dropped it off at a drive-through ballot box with no line. The unspeakable horror of such a painful process really puts the hand-wringing over mail-in balloting in its proper light.

VOTER FRAUD!!

47 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

I mean...Did you complain?

If you are referring to the California 25th....Why would anybody complain?  It's not a Dem district (Lancaster has 2 Republicans in the state legislature, and the Reps held the House seat from 1993-2019 ), normally there are 1000 polling places in the 25th and there were 13 in the special election, the Republican candidate won by a larger margin than the polls had him ahead (and was the favorite even before the pandemic), and, lastly, its not illegal.  BTW, the same 2 candidates will running again in the normal November election.

Other than that...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

About what? 

About opening voting kiosks? I have no idea what he is talking about but why would anyone complain about more voting locations opening.

7 minutes ago, tspoke said:

About opening voting kiosks? I have no idea what he is talking about but why would anyone complain about more voting locations opening.

It seems like that would be the opposite of voter suppression.

7 hours ago, retrofade said:

update: He deleted the original tweet, and now notes the fact that they're applications. I'm not entirely certain why absentee ballot applications are illegal. But this is Trump, so who knows what the +++++ is going on in that lizard brain of his.

Vote by mail ballots are illegal?

View image on Twitter

39 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He knows that voter turnout fraud spells doom for his re-election hopes.

FIFY.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Voting by mail is fraud?

Are you seriously this obtuse?  No voting by mail isn't fraud, but it is an open door for voter fraud.  You put an envelope in the mail with your name, party affiliation, and voter ID on it and you're just supposed to assume that it's going to be entered correctly regardless of who handles it?? 

C'mon man, drop the TDS and look at the real picture.  The Dems have been fighting for years to get rid of safeguards regarding an election.  Are they doing that to help people vote (who were perfectly capable of voting 20 years ago), or do they have something else in mind.  Yeah, some Republicans cheat too, I get it.  It's the Dems though who are trying to streamline it.