Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Trump goes after Obama. Big risk???

11 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Trump has done a lot of good.  I know folks hate to hear that, but he killed unemployment prior to Covid, he got the US out of some very bad deals with Iran, the Climate Accord, etc..  He was making big inroads on trade policy, including killing (with plans to rewrite) the TPP, and redoing NAFTA with the US as an equal member.  He survived the most severe political colonoscopy ever administered in this country.  Inroads with N. Korea (admittedly minimal), and a strong plan to reduce our participation in Afghanistan.  Lot's of streamlining of unnecessary regulations that benefited the economy.  Plenty of other accomplishments.

He should stay away from the Obama stuff.  That's just petty.  He needs to run on being Trump, not the anti-Obama.

My thoughts on Trump haven't changed.  He does good stuff, and then he screws it all up by opening his piehole.

I would agree he has helped the economy with lowering income taxes and the NAFTA deal is an improvement.   But pretty much every leader does some good.  +++++ Germans will tell you even Hitler did some good things.   

15 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Trump has done a lot of good.  I know folks hate to hear that, but he killed unemployment prior to Covid, he got the US out of some very bad deals with Iran, the Climate Accord, etc..  He was making big inroads on trade policy, including killing (with plans to rewrite) the TPP, and redoing NAFTA with the US as an equal member.  He survived the most severe political colonoscopy ever administered in this country.  Inroads with N. Korea (admittedly minimal), and a strong plan to reduce our participation in Afghanistan.  Lot's of streamlining of unnecessary regulations that benefited the economy.  Plenty of other accomplishments.

He should stay away from the Obama stuff.  That's just petty.  He needs to run on being Trump, not the anti-Obama.

My thoughts on Trump haven't changed.  He does good stuff, and then he screws it all up by opening his piehole.

At this point though, there's no difference.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, son of a gun said:

Uh, you do realize Trump has been attacking and blaming Obama for 3 1/2 years now, and making up crap about him for years prior?

Obama didn't even name names (not that he was wrong). But that's all it took to send the orange menace into another meltdown.

Well, some of it is justified but this seems a bit much. I’ve always gave some props to Obama. I’m probably the only Trump supporter who liked Obama. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

14 minutes ago, robe said:

Well, some of it is justified but this seems a bit much. I’ve always gave some props to Obama. I’m probably the only Trump supporter who liked Obama. 

I had no problem with Obama on a personal level. He came across as friendly and outgoing and a good father and husband. I could see having a great conversation with him over a beer. However, his public/personal side and political side were two different animals IMO.

I thought most of his policies and decision making sucked. Trump is the opposite of Obama IMO. I would have no interest hanging out with him, but agree with most of his policies.