Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Sears to Boise

15 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Sure.

Do you realize how dumb your Pat Hill comparison is now, though?  Harsin had two bad years with Pete's recruits, other than he turns out a top 25 teams.  Every year.

He also seems to often lose a game or two a year he shouldn’t.  

5 hours ago, sactowndog said:

He also seems to often lose a game or two a year he shouldn’t.  

Huge difference.  Harsin is winning conference titles and finishing in the top 25.  Something that simply is rare as hell in Fresno.  Harsin with his current result, would be considered the best coach in the history of any other MWC program.  Fact.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Huge difference.  Harsin is winning conference titles and finishing in the top 25.  Something that simply is rare as hell in Fresno.  Harsin with his current result, would be considered the best coach in the history of any other MWC program.  Fact.

You have won 3 and we have won 2.  Hardly a dominate performance.  But I get you guys have to convince yourself nothing has changed since Pete.   :crying:

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

You have won 3 and we have won 2.  Hardly a dominate performance.  But I get you guys have to convince yourself nothing has changed since Pete.   :crying:

The thing is, shit can have changed since Pete but there was enough of a gap that Harsin is still head and shoulders above any coach in any other MWC program's entire history.  The gap between Pete's Boise and Fresno was larger than the gap between Bama and MSU.  We had room to to give and still be so far better than the other programs in this conference.  Are we a perennial top 10 team like we used to be?  No.  Is Harsin still putting out teams year after year that would be considered a dream season for shit ass programs like Fresno?  Yep.  Again, in just the last three years Harsin has as many top 25 teams as Fresno has since they have been playing football.  And he has a NY6 WIN.

43 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Truth...

..but Harsin needs to step it up...

New-Signature.jpg

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The thing is, shit can have changed since Pete but there was enough of a gap that Harsin is still head and shoulders above any coach in any other MWC program's entire history.  The gap between Pete's Boise and Fresno was larger than the gap between Bama and MSU.  We had room to to give and still be so far better than the other programs in this conference.  Are we a perennial top 10 team like we used to be?  No.  Is Harsin still putting out teams year after year that would be considered a dream season for shit ass programs like Fresno?  Yep.  Again, in just the last three years Harsin has as many top 25 teams as Fresno has since they have been playing football.  And he has a NY6 WIN.

Yep. While Harsin drives me nuts at times, he would already have that trashy stadium in Fresno named after him if he coached there. Several Bulldog MWCBoard posters would also have “Harsin” in their usernames as well. Hell, the street gangs might even name a special blend of meth to honor him. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 5/23/2020 at 11:59 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

A poor version of Sears.  There is a reason every SDSU poster here was ++++ing their pants thinking Sears was going to play for them and be their QB.  The two really are not comparable talents.  Sears has NFL athletic ability, he just sucks at reading a defense.  Haener is a short, skinny, weak armed 3 star QB transfer who also sucks at reading a defense.  Sears would be the starter for Fresno, literally the minute he signed.

Agreed.  I like Sears a lot and wish he would have signed with SDSU.  Boise is definitely better with him than without him.  He didn't go there to sit on the bench or play sparingly though, so I can see either he or Bach transferring out after the season.

7 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Agreed.  I like Sears a lot and wish he would have signed with SDSU.  Boise is definitely better with him than without him.  He didn't go there to sit on the bench or play sparingly though, so I can see either he or Bach transferring out after the season.

Bach is the starter.  But, with the way Bach plays you can bet Sears will get a lot of meaningful snaps.  There will also be a lot of designed plays for him as well.  We needed QB depth in a bad way and we got it.  If/when Bach goes down, the season will not be over.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Bach is the starter.  But, with the way Bach plays you can bet Sears will get a lot of meaningful snaps.  There will also be a lot of designed plays for him as well.  We needed QB depth in a bad way and we got it.  If/when Bach goes down, the season will not be over.

Somebody come out and light the world on fire at QB, or I'm looking at coaching.

That's on Harsin.

Talent in the room is just fine.

New-Signature.jpg

20 hours ago, Fowl said:

Not 'Every" person on this board wanted that kid. Rocky and or Hoke would have managed him or tossed him (from what I know about him-tossed is the option he would receive).

Change in venue won't hurt him-quality program with less distractions than San Diego.

8 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Not 'Every" person on this board wanted that kid. Rocky and or Hoke would have managed him or tossed him (from what I know about him-tossed is the option he would receive).

Change in venue won't hurt him-quality program with less distractions than San Diego.

Quit your lying.

It was every single one of you - we all know..

New-Signature.jpg